Notices

Any evos in toronto driveing there car during winter?

Old Nov 7, 2010, 11:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any evos in toronto driveing there car during winter?

Im up in richmondhill
Old Nov 7, 2010, 12:52 PM
Evolving Member

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/canadian-forum-63/

I would say your best bet to finding guys in your area would be in the regional forums, that way some of the 8&9 guys look at it as well.
Old Nov 7, 2010, 12:57 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i dont live in toronto but im sure some of them are driving in the snowwww
why not drive it in the snowww? its funn!
Old Nov 7, 2010, 05:02 PM

downtown toronto here, and she will be on the road all winter! just ordered my winter rims/tires so i will likely install them in a week or two.
Old Nov 7, 2010, 05:48 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by JReid
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/canadian-forum-63/

I would say your best bet to finding guys in your area would be in the regional forums, that way some of the 8&9 guys look at it as well.
Even better way to find local EVO guys is to look in this section...

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/to...ncer-club-305/
Old Nov 12, 2010, 06:43 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I am driving mine in the winter, got a set of Dunlop winter sport 3D tires.!!!
Old Nov 13, 2010, 06:52 AM

I'm driving mine. What's the point in having one of the best all wheel drive systems and not enjoy the snow.
Old Nov 29, 2010, 06:44 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by WRL79
I'm driving mine. What's the point in having one of the best all wheel drive systems and not enjoy the snow.
x2. The Evo is a snow machine. Now if only they fixed the thin paint it would be bulletproof
Old Dec 8, 2010, 09:24 AM

I'm guessing this would be totally on topic so here we go:

I've been enjoying a wonderful week thus far with our 20 cm of snow, drifting along some unpopulated and extremely low traffic roads on a good set of studded Hankook iPikes (maybe Apple will make tires soon). This AWD system is awesome, really gets the car pointed in the right direction and can step the tail out easily without getting anywhere near boost, so you can safely have lots of fun at low speeds.

That being said, the past few mornings, I've started up the car, let it warm up ( I have to park it outisde this whole winter, unfortunately) and lo and behold, i can't get it to move without practically launching the car out of my parking spot and hearing a nice loud BANG coming from my wheelwells. Something's frozen under there and I can't seem to figure out if it's the bearings, axles, brakes or the wheels themselves making contact with another rotating part. I'm sure many of you guys that enjoy filling your wheels up with fresh snow from parking lot donuts have already experienced this discomforting BANG myriad times over after the snow has frozen.

Would anyone recommend spraying a light mix of antifreeze/glycol around the hub/bearing area? Any other solutions short of a heat gun or blowdryer or pissing on my wheels would be greatly appreciated.
Old Dec 8, 2010, 10:29 PM

Originally Posted by fasterbater
That being said, the past few mornings, I've started up the car, let it warm up ( I have to park it outisde this whole winter, unfortunately) and lo and behold, i can't get it to move without practically launching the car out of my parking spot and hearing a nice loud BANG coming from my wheelwells. Something's frozen under there and I can't seem to figure out if it's the bearings, axles, brakes or the wheels themselves making contact with another rotating part. I'm sure many of you guys that enjoy filling your wheels up with fresh snow from parking lot donuts have already experienced this discomforting BANG myriad times over after the snow has frozen.
yea, i have this "bang" as well. actually i had that in my previous two subies, too. i think it's from the frozen brake. not a big deal for me though, more like a wake up call for the beast.
Old Dec 9, 2010, 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by zac5
yea, i have this "bang" as well. actually i had that in my previous two subies, too. i think it's from the frozen brake. not a big deal for me though, more like a wake up call for the beast.
I get the "bang" as well every morning when I start to move, and have to give the gas a bit of a punch to get 'er to move. Seems to be a common occurrence so I hope it doesn't cause any damage.
Old Dec 13, 2010, 12:56 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by zac5
winner!

if you pull teh e brake too hard on stupid cold temperatures, then it will freeze closed and will take the car to move in order for it to release. Be easy on the e brake when turning off your cars and you shouldn't notice it.
Old Dec 13, 2010, 06:12 PM
Evolving Member

It is brake related for sure, but not always associated with Ebrake and the cold.

I park in a garage and often just leave the car in gear without pulling the ebrake, and I still get a mild lurch.

It has to do with wet brakes- drying. On the days the roads are clear and my brakes arrive dry and warm- no issues. On slushy wet days , no matter how hard I try to dry my brakes, same diffrence.

In the summer, when I wash the car and park it, the next day- same effect.

wet brakes = jammed pads on the disc.
Old Jan 29, 2011, 01:30 PM

^^ LOL what the buck was that??
Old Jan 3, 2012, 01:01 AM

I drive around the markham , scarborough and Richmond areas =P

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Any evos in toronto driveing there car during winter?