Search this Thread

Old Nov 23, 2011, 10:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by toomanytickets
hey since this weekend is kind of a bust, lets set up a meet for next weekend
unless anyone feels like drifting around some snowy roads tomorrow

and that ghost lake drive looks like a blast, def something we should look into
I am up for a meet on the weekend.
Let's set up a time and see who can make it. I can do pretty much anytime. We can meet on the lower level of Chinook new underground parking lot. On the south side. There's always tons of parking available.
Who's in?
Old Nov 23, 2011, 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by Souljam
Thanks man. I had to drive all the way to Edmonton to get the car. Well worth the trip. I miss the rx8 though. Such a fun car. The Ghostlake trip sounds like fun. It's not that far from the city and there's a lot of twisties in the area.
Edmonton is not that far. Especially for that car.
I think you'll change your mind about RX-8 pretty soon. Once we'll get that huge snowstorm. Rx-8 is a RWD, right?
Old Nov 23, 2011, 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by ukrboy
Let's set up a time and see who can make it. I can do pretty much anytime. We can meet on the lower level of Chinook new underground parking lot. On the south side. There's always tons of parking available.
Who's in?
lets aim for saturday night, around 8 or 9

ill bring by my camera too, and get some good shots, ill finally be able to justify buying it now
Old Nov 23, 2011, 06:24 PM
Account Disabled

Sat 8ish? which parkaid? the NW one underground? near the zellars? I'll be there as long as i can fit down there.. Roof rack with a ski box on top LOL my height is exactly 6'

might see ya down there

Last edited by user 629782012; Nov 23, 2011 at 06:25 PM. Reason: feet insted of inches
Old Nov 23, 2011, 06:59 PM

Originally Posted by bowrepublik
Sat 8ish? which parkaid? the NW one underground? near the zellars? I'll be there as long as i can fit down there.. Roof rack with a ski box on top LOL my height is exactly 6'

might see ya down there
its supposed to be decently warm on saturday, so snow wont be an issue. lets meet on top of the the outdoor parkade by the zellars. then height wont be an issue up there. we can always move to an underground if it starts getting cold
Old Nov 24, 2011, 06:36 AM

I was at chinook last night and it was a bloody zoo! The chance of the chinook lot being vacant is pretty slim this close to Christmas.
Old Nov 24, 2011, 09:16 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Who's in?
its supposed to be decently warm on saturday, so snow wont be an issue. lets meet on top of the the outdoor parkade by the zellars. then height wont be an issue up there. we can always move to an underground if it starts getting cold
Originally Posted by dubkeith
I was at chinook last night and it was a bloody zoo! The chance of the chinook lot being vacant is pretty slim this close to Christmas.
Originally Posted by bowrepublik

might see ya down there
As far as Chinook parkades go, I like Lot 1 P2; new, clean, good lighting and usually ample parking.
http://vimeo.com/26084353

and that ghost lake drive looks like a blast, def something we should look into
Ghost Lake is a free-for-all situation, I would like to plan something for late Jan. or early Feb. Build a fire and have some hot dogs, etc.

Here are some pics from last winters winter driving classes at Ghost Lake.

http://picasaweb.google.com/jforcera...ebruary202010#

http://picasaweb.google.com/10935395...DrivingSchool#

Last edited by Resurrected RA; Nov 24, 2011 at 09:36 AM.
Old Nov 24, 2011, 09:58 AM

Originally Posted by Resurrected RA

Ghost Lake is a free-for-all situation, I would like to plan something for late Jan. or early Feb. Build a fire and have some hot dogs, etc.
do you have any clue when they are going to run the winter driving courses again??? or is it just waiting for it to get cold and see. it looks like a blast on the ice, id love to rip around the course they set up
Old Nov 24, 2011, 03:07 PM

As far as Chinook parkades go, I like Lot 1 P2; new, clean, good lighting and usually ample parking.
http://vimeo.com/26084353

Here are some pics from last winters winter driving classes at Ghost Lake.

http://picasaweb.google.com/jforcera...ebruary202010#

http://picasaweb.google.com/10935395...DrivingSchool#

I am pretty sure that if we plan well ahead we'll have a fair amount of people show up.

As far as a meet goes. Chinook is not the only place to meet. I thought it would be great for a winter meet, cause it's nice and warm down there in the parking lot. Also it is pretty central location.
We can definitely meet somewhere else. There is Timmy's just a block south from Chinook. Parking lot there is quite big, although I don't think we need a lot of room. If it's cold out we can go inside of Timmy's and get some coffee or something.

Let's brainstorm or something. I wanna hear ideas.
Old Nov 24, 2011, 03:17 PM

actually the timmy's lot sounds like a great idea, i guess it depends on how many people we have show up. right now it sounds like less 5 or so, so if more end up showing we can always move to another lot close by.
Old Nov 24, 2011, 05:18 PM
Evolving Member

I live a block away from Tim's. I was just thinking about lighting in the parkade, for those that were talking about taking pictures.
Old Nov 24, 2011, 05:30 PM
Evolving Member

Who's in?
Originally Posted by dubkeith
do you have any clue when they are going to run the winter driving courses again??? or is it just waiting for it to get cold and see. it looks like a blast on the ice, id love to rip around the course they set up
I think they will. I will keep an eye on the CSCC and the SASC websites and post it in here.

Here is what the lake was looking like 5 days ago.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1&l=6019ea9984

http://sascsolo.ca/forums/index.php?showtopic=1079

Last edited by Resurrected RA; Nov 24, 2011 at 05:47 PM.
Old Nov 24, 2011, 05:51 PM

I live a block away from Tim's. I was just thinking about lighting in the parkade, for those that were talking about taking pictures.
Ya I might roll by there tonight to check out what the lighting is like

I think they will. I will keep an eye on the CSCC and the SASC websites and post it in here.

Here is what the lake was looking like 5 days ago.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1&l=6019ea9984
Looks like ghost lake is coming along nicely, hopefully by January we can get a start on driving on it
Old Nov 24, 2011, 06:03 PM

Sounds good! Which one are you getting? GSR or MR?
Well it's a GSR, but probably not the one you're expecting. I'm importing an Evo IV. Can I still come along to a meet once I get it? I'm expecting delivery the last week of December...
Old Nov 24, 2011, 06:41 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by mitsuPHIL
Well it's a GSR, but probably not the one you're expecting. I'm importing an Evo IV. Can I still come along to a meet once I get it? I'm expecting delivery the last week of December...
I would welcome anyone with a Mitsu, not sure about the others. I would like to talk to you about your importing experience, I have my eye on importing a Legnum VR4.

I will be attending with the winter beater, a RalliArt of the 2004 vintage. Nothing compared to the EVO's or the 9th gen Lancer RalliArt's.

Now that I think about it, I have a Christmas... err Holiday party to attend on Saturday evening... Scheiße!

Last edited by Resurrected RA; Nov 24, 2011 at 07:15 PM.

Quick Reply: Calling out all Evo/Ralliart/Lancer owners in Calgary area