Notices

Newbie, Timing belt replaced, noisy over 3000rpm

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2013, 09:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Newbie, Timing belt replaced, noisy over 3000rpm

Hi guys. This is my first time posting here. I was hoping I can get some advice regarding my car.

I have a 2005 Ralliart which I recently had the timing belt replaced. Long story short, it broke, had to get my car towed to my mechanic and got it replaced.

The first time I got my car back, I felt it considerably lacked power and there was a strange vibration on the gas pedal when I go over 3000rpm. Also, the engine sounded differently like it was working too hard and it wasn't even over 100kph. After looking at forums and Googleing it (which majority of the post I saw said it must have been installed with one tooth off), I brought it back to the mechanic and had them look at it again. They worked at it and I was told that they installed the Timing belt correctly and that there was no problem with the car.

My gut tells me there's still something wrong with my car because it wasn't that noisy before when I go over 3000rpm and I still feel a little bit of vibration on the gas pedal. When I go over 100kph, it sounds like it's still working hard just to get to that speed.

I found this video on youtube and this was the sound I clearly remember my car had before my timing belt broke. The video shows it goes over 6000rpm but with my car's current condition, i'm afraid to even go past 4000 rpm (just to test it).

I'm hoping that someone who reads this might be able to point me to a qualified mechanic that could provide a second opinion about my car's condition.

I don't know if driving it would damage my engine. I'm dependent on my car to get to work (desperate for help).
Old Jun 30, 2013, 08:00 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Sounds like the timing is off.. could be and hopefully just the timing off at the balance shaft
Old Jul 2, 2013, 05:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks. I'm looking for a mechanic around the GTA to have my car checked again.