Notices

Moving to AB soon.

Old Sep 26, 2017, 05:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Moving to AB soon.

Hey all, I see this part of the forum is a bit dead, lol.

I'm from Texas but moving to Edmonton soon. I no longer have my evo and have a fwd car. I would feel much safer in the snow in an awd car and the only vehicle I like (and is affordable) is an evo. So I'm looking at selling my current car and getting into another ix. I only want to have one vehicle.

I just wanted your thoughts on daily driving your evo throughout the seasons? Since I've never lived in a snowy region. Thanks!

-Tiff
Old Oct 12, 2017, 07:57 PM
Evolved Member

Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by FFFRESH
Hey all, I see this part of the forum is a bit dead, lol.

I'm from Texas but moving to Edmonton soon. I no longer have my evo and have a fwd car. I would feel much safer in the snow in an awd car and the only vehicle I like (and is affordable) is an evo. So I'm looking at selling my current car and getting into another ix. I only want to have one vehicle.

I just wanted your thoughts on daily driving your evo throughout the seasons? Since I've never lived in a snowy region. Thanks!

-Tiff
This part of the forum is super dead lol. If you have any questions climate related or whatever, just PM me. The salt can be very hard on your car during the winter, although Edmonton has pretty mild winters so you should be fairly safe in that regard. Just ensure you get a good undercoat applied to the car, get a block/oil pan heater, and make sure you have the correct antifreeze in the car. Other then that, you should be good!
Old Nov 18, 2017, 04:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Welcome to Alberta! There are many Evos that are driven all year round here, I personally park mine. AWD is recommended here in the winter but not needed. Invest in a good set of winter tires, they will definately help you with the ice on the roads. Since this area of the forums is dead, try joining Alberta Evolution on FB, very active community there.

Last edited by Jargon_Bomb; Nov 18, 2017 at 04:56 PM. Reason: Add more info.