EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Canadian Forum (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/canadian-forum-63/)
-   -   Tire Pressure Monitoring System (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/canadian-forum/335810-tire-pressure-monitoring-system.html)

BlaqueGhost Apr 1, 2008 02:38 AM

Tire Pressure Monitoring System

I was talking to one of my boys who is a tech at Mitsubishi and he said there is a way to turn off that annoying "Service required" warning when the TPMS sensors are not in the tires. He said they have a magnet with a valve in the middle that you hold next to each of the tires and it turns off the system. He also said they can hook it up to the computer and turn it off... but once you turn it off you would have to go back to them to turn it back on.

Have any of you heard about this?

He said you should be able to get that "magnet" tool in the specialty tools aisle at Canadian Tire

blancy612 Apr 1, 2008 08:10 AM

april fools?
lol
i just swap my TPMS onto my winter 16's..
works finee....it like simple screw n unscrew..

swapping it back to 18s today :D
HELLO SPRING!

BlaqueGhost Apr 1, 2008 08:20 AM

naw this isn't an april fools joke lol I am serious... One of my boys is a tech at Markham Mitsubishi and he told me this this weekend
just wondering if you guys have heard it also....

so you just unscrew it? i am guessing it fully deflates your tire?

blancy612 Apr 1, 2008 08:38 AM

my mech deflated the tires n then took the TPMS out
it took like 5 mins for my set

razo Apr 1, 2008 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by blancy612 (Post 5484012)
my mech deflated the tires n then took the TPMS out
it took like 5 mins for my set

where do you take your car?

kevin_ Apr 1, 2008 02:52 PM

lol... another tech at markham mitsu told me that its illegal to disable it if it came w/ TPMS (not sure if its true) and that my suspension squeaking was normal for a car.

suffice to say, i never went back... even w/ my one free oil change coupon...

then my first experience with another dealer was 1000000x better than all my experiences with markham combined, ha ha. i've never heard one good thing about markham mitsu... only horror stories on RFD...

BlaqueGhost Apr 1, 2008 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by kevin_ (Post 5486101)
lol... another tech at markham mitsu told me that its illegal to disable it if it came w/ TPMS (not sure if its true) and that my suspension squeaking was normal for a car.

suffice to say, i never went back... even w/ my one free oil change coupon...

then my first experience with another dealer was 1000000x better than all my experiences with markham combined, ha ha. i've never heard one good thing about markham mitsu... only horror stories on RFD...

hahaha i would never take it to get serviced there unless my boy took it to do it himself

they screwed me over too
sold my GTS then tried to sell me a grey one! (no offence hydro)

blancy612 Apr 1, 2008 10:12 PM

Originally Posted by razo (Post 5485445)
where do you take your car?

in scarborough, a friend's family owns the placee

went there today to swap the tires todayy\
finally got my 18s back onn..right when he was tighting the last lug nut...
it startedd snowing outsidee....i was like OMGG noo wayyy!
thankk god 5 mins laterr it stopped...
n yeaa after that i decided to give my black grill vinyls a try...umm..didnt work too well
soo i decided to just paint themm blackk on friday or saturday b4 the meet...
soo we moved on to the lighting....he swapped the fogs to low beams...soldering the extension wires..
n thenn installed 2500k fogs in. workes perfectly..sadly they were about to closee...soo have to wait till later this week too install it
andd when i was there..my friend gave me a call said my K&N filter is in :D
gonna install them tmr n c how it runss

homieG Apr 2, 2008 07:52 AM

when you say K&N filter, are you talking about the one thats like a stock one but with better air flow? or a cone?
i can install the fogs if u want. let me know. takes 5 mins.

also it is illegal according to the new law for new cars to not have TMPS. im sure u could disable it. who the hell is gonna know? lol

I HATE MARKHAM MITSU TOO!!! never ever going there again. goin to brampton mitsu, they were the first dealership for mitsu. hydro bought his car from there.

evo_soul Apr 2, 2008 10:04 AM

i bought some Lancers there, 2 were mine (family) 3 were brokered deals at a different dealership.

rlai000 Apr 2, 2008 10:31 AM

I'm looking for K&N air filter on 09 Lancer GTS but not available yet; 08 Lancer is available though.

I hate Markham Mitsubitshi too. :mad: They seemed don't want to sell their car to me.

Scarbro Mitsu is way way better. :)

homieG Apr 2, 2008 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by rlai000 (Post 5489655)
I'm looking for K&N air filter on 09 Lancer GTS but not available yet; 08 Lancer is available though.

I hate Markham Mitsubitshi too. :mad: They seemed don't want to sell their car to me.

Scarbro Mitsu is way way better. :)

whats the diff bet the 08 and o9? do u have the 2.4l? also where can i find the K&N replacement filter? and how much is it?

blancy612 Apr 2, 2008 11:39 AM

its the K&N drop in filter. i alrdy swapped my fogs. and going to install my HIDs later today
also put in the filterr
i baught a 80w H11 2500k
my friend said its bettre to use a 55w
so the plug wont melt :S now i'm on a hunt for a 55w H11 2500k bulb
anyone kno where to get one please tell me

baught the K&N from speedtech for $70 shipped

rlai000 Apr 2, 2008 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by homieG (Post 5489854)
whats the diff bet the 08 and o9? do u have the 2.4l? also where can i find the K&N replacement filter? and how much is it?

I think the only different is 2.4L engine.

I just went to their web site to search http://www.knfilters.com/search/appsearch.aspx

I think we can order from Canadian Tire as my previous 2 K&N replacement filters were from them (but 10 and 5 years ago).

homieG Apr 2, 2008 12:25 PM

[QUOTE=blancy612;5489966]its the K&N drop in filter. i alrdy swapped my fogs. and going to install my HIDs later today
also put in the filterr
i baught a 80w H11 2500k
my friend said its bettre to use a 55w
so the plug wont melt :S now i'm on a hunt for a 55w H11 2500k bulb
anyone kno where to get one please tell me

are you talking about your fogs? i bought mine from kiz motorsports at FMP. the guy's name is kit. dont pay him more than $25 for the nokya's. im not sure wut the wattage is. go check it out.

hows the k&N filter? any better? $70 is pretty expensive for a filter eh.....should jus save that n get a SRI or soemthing.:updown: