EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Canadian Forum (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/canadian-forum-63/)
-   -   Buying Rally Armor Mud Flaps, anyone interested (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/canadian-forum/377089-buying-rally-armor-mud-flaps-anyone-interested.html)

rontam90 Oct 23, 2008 02:19 PM

Buying Rally Armor Mud Flaps, anyone interested

I am looking to buy a set of mud flaps for my subbie; ordering them from www.rallyarmor.com

if anyone is interested in giving their lancer a more 'rally' look with this functional and practical mod, post here. we can perhaps save on shipping by splitting the shipping costs.

let me know!

ron

johntango Oct 23, 2008 02:54 PM

Group buy??? I'm interested.

razo Oct 23, 2008 04:28 PM

I was actually in the process of putting together an email to RallyArmor explaining that, Canadians interested in the RallyArmor Basic Mud Flaps for the 08+ Lancers are faced with a problem. Another member on here from Toronto ordered a set of RallyArmor mud flaps and ended up paying $23.60usd for shipping plus an additional $21.00cdn in customs fees. If you add that up, it is the exact same price as the Basic Mud Flaps product!
We defiantly need to get in contact with RallyArmor and work something out before we go forward with this idea. As you can tell, I’m very interested, just as long as we can work something out. (a buddy of mine with a 09 WRX may also be interested)
We pretty much have to contact RallyArmor and find out what their method of shipping is (for a group buy) and whatever else you guys can think of…
Cheers

LancerGirl08 Oct 23, 2008 04:55 PM

If you get the company to mark the parcel as a gift or replacement piece you won't get any customs charges. That's what I do whenever I order things from the US :D

Works everytime!

razo Oct 23, 2008 05:08 PM

we should discuss this at the D&B meet this Saturday
…see how many people we can get onboard for a group buy!

absolute Oct 23, 2008 05:10 PM

just in time for winter too heh..snow/mud flaps heh

rontam90 Oct 23, 2008 07:51 PM

nice, i am glad people are interested!

I emailed rally armor yesterday to ask if they would be able to ship via USPS (less duties, even if taxed) so I am waiting for their reply. I will update when they reply tomorrow (I am assuming they will reply tomorrow).

For those that are definitely interested, please say so one of us can formulate the amount of people that want them so we have bargaining power vs rally armor :D

razo Oct 23, 2008 08:18 PM

ron,
i also got in contact with someone who works close with RallyArmor, so they are sending out our information to them as well…
anyways, i think right now we should just start a list for people are just a little more than interested, we can’t expect people to jump on board before they know the final price they will be paying – we are also gonna need someone who is willing to use their PayPal account for the entire purchase, as well as their shipping address, and then everyone can pay that one person in cash.
Lookin forward to getting this done…hope everything works out!
So yea for now:

- razo (nick) - RallyArmor BASIC Mud Flaps - 08+ Mitsubishi Lancer

razo Oct 24, 2008 01:33 PM

i know ron has emailed RallyArmor directly, but in the mean time a member on here (Robevo_RS) is helping me out...he said:
“because RallyArmor products are made in the USA, there are no additional duties, so as long as we have them shipped with USPS, there is only a 5% Canadian Import Tax.”

let’s get this ball rolling people!

rontam90 Oct 24, 2008 02:37 PM

so i guess all that is left is finding the # of people who want to get, and then calculate the shipping costs and we are good to go?

razo Oct 24, 2008 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by rontam90 (Post 6270577)
so i guess all that is left is finding the # of people who want to get, and then calculate the shipping costs and we are good to go?

pretty much
just let us know when you have direct contact with RallyArmor
once you do, let us know if they are willing to ship with USPS and what not…then we can figure out what everyone wants…
also, i was thinking we should start a new thread dedicated to the group buy…
i started writing one up, but maybe you should just do it because you’re already working out everything else…let me know if you want me to send you my write up just to make it easier for you. lol

edit... or i can just start the thread for you and you can just take charge after.

rontam90 Oct 24, 2008 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by razo (Post 6270656)
pretty much
just let us know when you have direct contact with RallyArmor
once you do, let us know if they are willing to ship with USPS and what not…then we can figure out what everyone wants…
also, i was thinking we should start a new thread dedicated to the group buy…
i started writing one up, but maybe you should just do it because you’re already working out everything else…let me know if you want me to send you my write up just to make it easier for you. lol

edit... or i can just start the thread for you and you can just take charge after.

razo, you should start the thread.. i am too lazy! i have yet to hear back from rally armor, will update once i do.

razo Oct 24, 2008 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by rontam90 (Post 6270683)
razo, you should start the thread.. i am too lazy! i have yet to hear back from rally armor, will update once i do.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=377387

:mitsu: {thumbup} :mitsu:

Xace23X Oct 28, 2008 11:16 AM

I'm up for ordering some ASAP, please keep me updated

razo Oct 28, 2008 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by Xace23X (Post 6283756)
I'm up for ordering some ASAP, please keep me updated

the group buy has been put on hold for a few reasons…
also, this group buy was for toronto members only (we wanted to save on the extra shipping charges that we get here in canada)

i notice you’re from NJ… get in contact with Robevo_RS on these forums and he can help you out

cheers