EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Canadian Forum (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/canadian-forum-63/)
-   -   ~~Cars Wanted ~ Dyno Day ~ Keep the intake :) (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/canadian-forum/395842-cars-wanted-dyno-day-keep-intake.html)

evo_soul Jan 27, 2009 06:05 AM

~~Cars Wanted ~ Dyno Day ~ Keep the intake :)

http://www.evosoul.com/blog/wp-conte...untitled-1.jpg
Make a long story short, I am having a hard time finding completely stock Cars for the Dyno Day. Things got complicated for the event last week when the Sales Manager of Brampton Mitsu left, and when he did we lost the dealer cars we were going to get for the Dyno Day. Mitsubishi Canada provided us cars at the last dyno event but its difficult for them to provide the cars and tech with the cars for a weekend event. So we are turning to local guys.

What is needed

One Lancer 2.0L Manual Tranny only
One EVO X GSR or MR doesnt matter (I have 2 guys Ted as primary and another guy who looks like he will be Teds backup so another EVO might not be needed)

The cars must be stock, I have 6 guys wanting to donate their lancer, but half of them are CVTs which isnt good for performance testing, 1 has heavy mods on their 5 speed manual, and two of the other guys have the 2.4L engine.

I need a unmodified 2.0L Lancer. Basically you will get to keep one of the intakes - what ever the duty import cost was for the intake. So basically a free intake. It doesnt matter what wheels you have we have a set of 18" GTS wheels so even if you have winters its all good.

31st of January at FourStarMotorsports

If you have a car let me know

aj_pierce Jan 27, 2009 06:20 AM

BTW it doesn't matter if you are part of the TLC or not or even if you are out side of the GTA. All we need is a donor car to pop an intake on and dyno. you will basically be getting a $400 intake for free just for the use of your ride in a shop under controlled conditions. so if you are able to volunteer your time and your stock 2.0L manual for a couple of hours you can't lose. Just let Soul know so that we can set up the arrangements.

boostedgraphite Jan 27, 2009 08:28 AM

does the girl come with the intake? :D

shaun what time are you gonna be there?

Hydrolikz Jan 27, 2009 08:34 AM

Ya soul, what time is the event being started at?

evo_soul Jan 27, 2009 08:40 AM

10am to about 4pm iwill be there the entire day.

and sorry girl doesnt come with the intake :(

absolute Jan 27, 2009 08:54 AM

well soul....i got 2.0L

and injen CAI + engine pulley + winter wheels

can i keep an intake if i take off the engine pulley and come ? :) LOL

if so i'll take the day off work =P

evo_soul Jan 27, 2009 09:34 AM

hey Absolute, thanks for the offer, but you would have to put your stock box back in and take off your pulley swap off your wheels, sounds like a lot of work.

So far I have one person standing up to volenteer to be primary. Now I need a secondary. Even if your car isnt used you will still score some oil :)

LancerGirl08 Jan 27, 2009 09:41 AM

Another reason for me to hate owning a CVT ? lol :( I want a free intake! :p

evo_soul Jan 27, 2009 09:45 AM

lol hell I would use my car in this case.

wazzuuuup Jan 27, 2009 12:54 PM

When is it? I'll donate my services for the 2.0 (bone stock)

wazzuuuup Jan 27, 2009 12:58 PM

Maybe I can put a couple of the new logo's on my car for extra hp

Slyy Jan 27, 2009 12:59 PM

i have a 2.4 bone stock. I'll donate {thumbup}

whitelancerGTS Jan 27, 2009 01:15 PM

when is this? i will donate my car if the time is good.

i have a stock lancer. manual tranny

evo_soul Jan 27, 2009 01:23 PM

Dyno Day event starts at 10am till about 4pm. The earlier the better. If someone arrives sooner then the primary then that person is in.

The terms of the free intake is that the cost of the Duty/Import Customs is paid for, thats it.
UPS rapes us all, even on donated hardware.

Other then that, its a brand new intake. you can have either the AEM one or the Black INJEN one.

whitelancerGTS Jan 27, 2009 02:26 PM

i think i can make it.

where is this place

and how much is duty? can i get both if i pay the customs for both?