EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Canadian Forum (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/canadian-forum-63/)
-   -   ~~Mitsubishi wants to know... What is your beef? (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/canadian-forum/401248-mitsubishi-wants-know-what-your-beef.html)

evo_soul Feb 19, 2009 05:30 AM

~~Mitsubishi wants to know... What is your beef?

I am in low level talks with Mitsubishi in terms of customer service and a review of their warranty agreement. Myself and mitsubishi want to know (in your own words) what it is you have an issue with in regards to your 2008+ Mitsubishi Lancer. When you had the issue, what happend, how you tried to resolve it, and was the dealer a help to you?

The reason is, I am working to bring a few programs specific to the GTA first in a hopes to raise the bar and improved the quality experience and quality of the product.

I myself get a little embarrased when I introduce someone to the Lancer and say its a good buy. But.... there is X Y Z wrong with it and oh ya if you have this issue then do this, blah blah blah. In a nut shell, its no surprise when people get back to me soon after buying the car and ask me the same questions over and over again. My cars pulling to the left, or my paint is chipping,. you get the point.

Feel free to express yourself but please keep it clean, and try not to turn it into a ranting attack.

As the thread builds I will start indexing these stories to bring up at a meeting with Mitsubishi

Cheers

Hydrolikz Feb 19, 2009 07:23 AM

Every Lancer pulls to the left! Don't they test their cars to check for stuff like this before making money off of us un-suspecting NEW car buyers? And even though they know about it they are still unwilling to rectify the issue, customer service goes out the window at that point!

LancerGirl08 Feb 19, 2009 11:06 AM

^^ My Lancer doesn't pull to the left ??? I can let my steering wheel go and my car goes straight ? lol

The GTS tires are SHAT!!! They should be recalled or something immediately.

The paint is horrible. My car is chipping, scratched to poop, rusting.... yeah... the Stars covered a lot of it lol

My car struggles to start a lot. It has since day one. That just might be my car though. ??

blancy612 Feb 19, 2009 11:10 AM

my car pulls to both directions..
+1 on the tires.

razo Feb 19, 2009 12:23 PM

I have had a few problems with my lancer, none of which have been taken care of by my dealership.
My first main issue was the 'no-start' problem. A few times, my car would not start at all, I would turn the key, it would try to turn over but had no luck, after a few tries, it finally would start.
I found the technical service bulletin for this problem and it showed that it was a very easy fix. I went into my Mitsubishi dealership, I told them how I had the 'no start issue' a few times, and I showed them the TSB. They then took my car into the back, came back to me and said, "the car started so you must not have the problem." I then sat there with them, basically arguing that, I have had the car for several months and experienced the problem every so often, so for them to have the car for less than 10 minutes and just tell me to my face that everything is fine, it was basically like telling me I as a liar.
The whole thing ended with them doing nothing about it and me leaving very frustrated.
after that happened, I am very hesitant to go back to the dealership.
Just recently I have been having idling issues where the car almost stalls out all by itself when in an idle position (not moving) – I brought that issue up when I went in for an oil change, they started my car, and they said they saw no problem – I just left.
Basically what I'm trying to say is, I feel like they don't even try – everything feels rushed and they pretty much make the customer feel like they are wrong all the time.
It feels like most Mitsubishi dealers are in it for the one time sale, once you have purchased the car, they don't really care about you – I say this because I have owned European cars in the past and I was treated like a king compared to how Mitsubishi treats me.

and of course like everyone else, I have had paint issues and pulling issues...but that's just old news and it's something we just have to put up with...right?

-Nick

Mav550 Feb 19, 2009 12:29 PM

I am definitely agreeing with the terrible condition of the paint on the 08+ Lancers, and the tires. As we all know, the paint is very easy to chip on our cars. Lately, I have been finding random scratches all around the wheel fenders. I have touch up paint being shipped to me right now, and that is going to be my remedy. We will see how that goes. It would be great to bring this up with MMC because this is something that definitely needs fixing.

crayonshinchan Feb 19, 2009 01:38 PM

+1 on looking for one-time sale.

The clutch pedal on my 2008 lancer has been squeaking for months now, so I took it to North Toronto Mitsubishi last month to get it inspected. The mechanic told me the metal bushing is causing the squeaking and that he will replace it with a new one and oil it up.

After two hours he gave me a receipt and handed me the keys, I'm eager to see if the squeaking noise is gone, and I was shocked when I sat in the car and gave the clutch a try. THE SQUEAK IS STILL THERE, there was absolutely no improvement so I turn off the car and went inside to ask him to take a look again. It makes me wonder what he has been doing for two hours because 5 minutes later he came back with a can of spray in his hand and said "go try it now, I just installed the bushing so it will still squeak, just keep driving it and it will go away".

Unfortunately even now the clutch still squeaks and it is just embarassing to have a new car pedal squeaking when you drive friends around. Mitsubishi's customer service is terrible and I doubt I will buy another Mitsubishi. I find the build quality on these lancers is pretty bad.

Other problems I have with the car
- cannot start the car occasionally
- pulls to the left
- when I go over speed bumps, even at 2kmh the rear suspensions sounds like it's rusted and squeaks. Anyone know why that's happening?

If anyone's clutch pedal is also squeaking please let me know I want to see if I'm the only one experiencing this.

johntango Feb 19, 2009 02:00 PM

DEFINITELY PAINT PROBLEM -- TO THIN!!!
-Summer August 2008 -- I dropped a small screw driver on the fender -- guess what? It wasn't even dropped high and my paint got scratch!!!

-My hood is pelted with stone chips -- lost count -- and the bear metal is showing In all of them.

HORRIBLE HORRIBLE PAINT - I SHOWED IT TO ONE OF THE BODY SHOP GUY AT MERCEDES BENZ AND HE SAID THIS IS JUST ONE COAT FOR METAL TO SHOW RIGHT AWAY.

-WINDSHIELD -- this guy was referred to me by Mercedes Benz dealership - I met up with him so he can give me estimate on the 2 cracks I have - you know what he said about our windshield???? VERY CHEAP!!! -- he said its chinese made. He is going to change my windshield on what they use for the Benz. It's going to cost me but at least i don't have to keep worrying about my Windshield.

-Creaky -- when its was very cold i can hear the interior parts creaking.

THAT ALL WHAT I CAN THINK RIGHT NOW.

evo_soul Feb 19, 2009 02:08 PM

keep it coming guys and once again keep it clean , lol try to avoid the ALL CAPS hehe :) everyone is frustrated :) I know :)

kanyonkid Feb 19, 2009 02:14 PM

ya mine has trouble starting too sometimes... havn't done anything about it, it will start eventually so watever. also when i first got it, the battery completely died after the first week, I charged it and has been good so far.. The big issue i have, is that it wont even get out of ITS OWN way haha.... good thing i have an evo also :)

Trumpfan Feb 19, 2009 02:47 PM

occasional RA starting problems in cold, poor paint quality, indifferent service at some dealerships.

Infamous_pt4 Feb 19, 2009 03:05 PM

when i take off it pulls to the left,and i dunno why but sometimes not alot but sometimes my car wont start,anyone know why?sometimes it takes 3 tries, no paint issues tho,nice fresh paint job in the summer from baseline

LancerGirl08 Feb 19, 2009 03:08 PM

I took mine to the dealership about the not starting thing thinking it was the FAST-Key dying but it wasn't. Well, they said it started fine for them.

But quite often it'll turn turn over once or twice before it actually kicks in.

Also half the time I can't lock my doors unless I put the FAST-Key right up to it... kinda annoying.

TRASHY_GTS Feb 19, 2009 04:02 PM

- alignment issues
- very poor quality Dunlop tires on the Lancers, tires literally fall apart
- paint issues (sand blasting effect, paint chips, clear coat chipping off)
- headlights, fog lights, and windshield made with poor quality
- rubbers around sun roof starting to show signs of wear from heat
- start up issue
- suspension makes noises on all corners, not normal at all considering the cars are new. Also reading stories about suspension parts breaking easily.
- interior pieces rattle, including the rear panel by the rear windshield, also carbon fiber trim fading, along with the chrome around the shifter.
- FM reception horrible
- snow, ice, and water getting into the jams where the trunk is causing potential problems with trunk
- trunk and doors don't seem to close properly, as well as the trunk damaging the paint on the rear bumper
- RPM's staying to high when downshifting
- Digital gas guage not being accurate
- bulbs consistantly burning out, including fuse popping for my horn shortly after owning my car
- front seats not being very secure, they almost feel loose when you get in and out of them, including when you brake.

as for their overall service...probably the worst in the industry, they are not willing to help out customers and have continue to ignore the complaints by customers. Head office and the dealerships seem like they will do everything to get out of doing any sort of warranty work, you just can't have that especially when your slogan reads "best back cars in the world". It's time they step up and take accountablity for the problems and issues they've had with their products and look at the common trend of problems the lancers are having. It's not small isolated problems here and there on some lancers, they complaints, issues, and problems are very consistent with each lancer owner.

Also, it's time Mitsubishi invest some money into their dealerships and more importantly into their service departments. They seem to fall way below industry standards and don't offer small things like shuttle services, loaner cars, and a proper customer waiting area for their long service waits. The staff they have working for them seem very unprofessional and not very educated on their product and other direct competitors out there.

Infamous_pt4 Feb 19, 2009 04:38 PM

Originally Posted by TRASHY_GTS (Post 6714920)
- alignment issues
- very poor quality Dunlop tires on the Lancers, tires literally fall apart
- paint issues (sand blasting effect, paint chips, clear coat chipping off)
- headlights, fog lights, and windshield made with poor quality
- rubbers around sun roof starting to show signs of wear from heat
- start up issue
- suspension makes noises on all corners, not normal at all considering the cars are new. Also reading stories about suspension parts breaking easily.
- interior pieces rattle, including the rear panel by the rear windshield, also carbon fiber trim fading, along with the chrome around the shifter.
- FM reception horrible
- snow, ice, and water getting into the jams where the trunk is causing potential problems with trunk
- trunk and doors don't seem to close properly, as well as the trunk damaging the paint on the rear bumper
- RPM's staying to high when downshifting
- Digital gas guage not being accurate
- bulbs consistantly burning out, including fuse popping for my horn shortly after owning my car
- front seats not being very secure, they almost feel loose when you get in and out of them, including when you brake.

as for their overall service...probably the worst in the industry, they are not willing to help out customers and have continue to ignore the complaints by customers. Head office and the dealerships seem like they will do everything to get out of doing any sort of warranty work, you just can't have that especially when your slogan reads "best back cars in the world". It's time they step up and take accountablity for the problems and issues they've had with their products and look at the common trend of problems the lancers are having. It's not small isolated problems here and there on some lancers, they complaints, issues, and problems are very consistent with each lancer owner.

Also, it's time Mitsubishi invest some money into their dealerships and more importantly into their service departments. They seem to fall way below industry standards and don't offer small things like shuttle services, loaner cars, and a proper customer waiting area for their long service waits. The staff they have working for them seem very unprofessional and not very educated on their product and other direct competitors out there.

wow sounds like you got ****ted on,i have none of those problems with mine