EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Canadian Forum (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/canadian-forum-63/)
-   -   Day time running lights & Import Evo 8/9 (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/canadian-forum/475286-day-time-running-lights-import-evo-8-9-a.html)

GBAILEY472 Feb 19, 2010 09:59 AM

Day time running lights & Import Evo 8/9

Hey everyone, as you all know, to import an EVO 8 or 9 into Canada you must pass inspection, and they require day time running lights. This module can be hard to find. if you have any questions about them pm me

Thanks

lemusmorales Feb 19, 2011 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by GBAILEY472 (Post 8012069)
Hey everyone, as you all know, to import an EVO 8 or 9 into Canada you must pass inspection, and they require day time running lights. This module can be hard to find. if you have any questions about them pm me

Thanks

Hey bro, I'm trying to put daylights on my Evo 8, i was thinking of making my fog lights daylights, can you please help me out

car_nut15 Feb 24, 2011 01:49 PM

I would like some info on this too as I will need to pass inspection in the spring.

alianum777 Feb 24, 2011 04:58 PM

Subscribed, I'd like to make my highbeams be DRL

007WRX Feb 24, 2011 08:11 PM

ummm I'll try to find the info you need.

007WRX Feb 24, 2011 08:12 PM

Hopefully this is a bit simplier:

1. Remove factory plugs from fog lights, move aside as they are not needed for now.

2. Remove fusebox cover and radio fuse. There is a small yellow box containing two small fuses. The one closer towards the fire wall is the radio fuse, this is the one you want.

3. On the passenger side fog light, connect one prong off the light (doesn't matter which one) to a ground, using a spade connector on the prong, and a circle connector around a bolt as a ground. On the other prong of the passenger side head light, hook a connector on there, and run a wire from that prong, to a prong on the drivers side light.

4. Once you have found the wiring diagram for the relay you picked up, connect one wire from the other prong on the drivers side light onto the correct prong on the relay.

5. Run the wire to the appropriate prong on the relay to the battery, 12v power.

6. Run a wire from the fuse in the fuse box, to the prong on the relay to trigger the relay.

7. Run a wire from the relay to a ground.

Try it out. It depends on what relay you buy but you'll be able to find a diagram online of which wires go to what.

I think the relay costed about 8 dollars, it was a 5 pin, the wire and connectors from Princess auto were only about 4 dollars.

Here is the outcome (I had the corner lamps on in this picture as well, yours will not be)

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2631/...4fe7480f_o.jpg

GBAILEY472 Feb 26, 2011 07:53 AM

This is the module I had on my car.. however I removed it to run aftermarket HID lights

its for sale BTW...
http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r...9/DSCF0250.jpg

overdrive1 Mar 2, 2011 10:24 PM

any idea on how to wire DRL's on Evo 9 GSR models that didnt come with a fog light ?

GBAILEY472 Mar 3, 2011 08:24 AM

Originally Posted by overdrive1 (Post 9123941)
any idea on how to wire DRL's on Evo 9 GSR models that didnt come with a fog light ?

Look at post #7 .. you need this module ( I have one left for sale )

overdrive1 Mar 3, 2011 09:45 AM

what was this module wired to ? is this mitsubishi specific ? does it come with instructions ?

GBAILEY472 Mar 3, 2011 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by overdrive1 (Post 9125004)
what was this module wired to ? is this mitsubishi specific ? does it come with instructions ?

The green wire was wrapped around one of sparkplug wire on top of the valve cover.. red was on the battery and the rest connected to the lights..

DaveyIS Mar 21, 2011 06:09 PM

Hey just had some questions hoping someone could help me out...

So I'm looking to import an EVO9 into Toronto, Ontario

So i have to send over the ownership to the border 72 hours before i go through with the car right?
I've been reading up on it but its not as specific as i would like. I seen that the american border may stop u and can possibly confiscate the car? If that where to happen how would i get the car back?

if anyone can give me details please help me

Thanks

car_nut15 Mar 23, 2011 06:46 AM

Im no expert in this but a few months back I brought over an evo 8 to Canada. Basically I drove the car back on a dealer plate. You are supposed to fax the paper work 72 hours ahead of time in order to be able to bring the car over. I didnt do this because I didnt know if I was going to purchase this car for sure. I took the risk of driving it over and got in **** for it later when I went to get the title stamped. They let me off but there is a possibility of fines. Hope that made sence.

Duderotomy Apr 7, 2011 09:36 AM

You can fax or email them copies of the documents, but they need them 3 business days before you plan on bringing the car across and the american border only processes cars for export Monday through Friday 9-4.
Don't send them the original ownership, they don't want to be liable for it if it goes missing.