EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Canadian Forum (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/canadian-forum-63/)
-   -   <Calgary> Lovin the roads! + kw22 tire review update (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/canadian-forum/588533-calgary-lovin-roads-kw22-tire-review-update.html)

user 629782012 Dec 11, 2011 03:18 PM

<Calgary> Lovin the roads! + kw22 tire review update

Loving the roads, Snowy, slushy and plain ole fun! I love how changing lanes over those slush piles net's Zero Squirrlyness my last couple cars wouldn't handle those slush piles nearly as well as this car does.

I've got nearly 4000km on the winter tires and they seem to be fairing well.. studs and all.

over slush they prove to be perfect, i don't think they could do any better.. i have yet to have any difinitive "ice" / Black ice" type stuff as of yet to give a report on..

but so far light snow, deep snow 8" and slush these kumho KW22 are holding up their end of the bargin.

I will note that ive been driving the Heck out of them... 22L /100km average mileage they probbaly will not last more than a couple season's at best..

Optiblue Dec 11, 2011 06:34 PM

22L/100kms? you must be pedal happy :)

toomanytickets Dec 11, 2011 08:19 PM

Originally Posted by Optiblue (Post 9815555)

no better way to drive an evo!!!

user 629782012 Dec 15, 2011 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by Optiblue (Post 9815555)

one of these days the novelty will wear off and i'll attempt to drive in "eco-mode" maybe... untill then s-sport manual with level 1 tc off. with 50km/hr to 150 km/hr merges on to deefoot.

i should note that my last tank was 16L/100km

user 629782012 Dec 18, 2011 11:10 AM

Roads out to fernie on saturday were fairly slushy from crowsnest pass to fernie. tires did great! the head lights did not.. kinda miss my volvo in that respect.. they would spray the lights and wipe them. it was such a slushy gritty mess out there.

user 629782012 Jan 15, 2012 07:52 AM

Another great morning out there on the roads!

Snow + S-sport + manual + tc off off = Big Grin :D !!

PackSix Jan 15, 2012 08:20 PM

I am on my second season with blizzaks and have lots of tread on them still, and i dont drive them nicely... worried about how much time they have spent on dry pavement this year though...

user 629782012 Jan 21, 2012 08:12 PM

i'm pretty hard on all my cars and or tires.. i only got 6500km on the stock advan's but i'm amazed at how well these kumho kw22's are doing.. I almost think the studs help with tire wear.. i used a depth gauge and their both nearly equal and ive got 5000km on them already. i'm also only missing one stud so far. i think that's pretty good with all the drifting and tire spining i do on dry wet or snowy roads.

my next set of tires might be a v rated all season for these wheels and a R compund auto x tire for my bbs wheels. we'll see how much money i can save from now till late may.

guswaym Jan 22, 2012 09:48 AM

studded winter tires on an awd evo thing probley handles like its on rails

user 629782012 Feb 25, 2012 07:28 PM

:D just an update.. my tires are still holding up great! tonight there's a tonne of black ice and I've been watching other cars slip and slide all over the place! a honda accord nearly hit the barrier on 19th on my way home.. didn't feel slippery at all for me.. i even jammed on the breaks abs didn't even kick in.

anyways i'm home now and warm! Brrr it's getting cold again out there.

4warned Feb 27, 2012 03:03 PM

Yep...another nod to the KW22's...we've been using them the past two winters on our 98 2.5RS for rally course openings......no complaints here, great tires, lots of bite and ours aren't even studded.

Chris

user 629782012 Mar 6, 2012 06:58 AM

The drive to work was amazing this morning! however,, it was delcaired a SNOW DAY at work...! so off i went back home.. Drifting around the parking lot before i left! was fun as heck!! wish i had my GoPro on me at the time.

anyways To those of you Calgarians who have All season tires!! BLEEEP BLEEP BLEEP!! A holes!! If everyone bought winter tires and drove to conditions, then no one would have to drive in first gear behind your BLEEP BLEEPing BLEEP cars..

I'm Glad some People atleast had the courtesy to move over and let me by! Thanks! it was not only possible to drive the spead limit but to nearly stop on a dime as well. (leave about 1-2 extra car lengths..)

ps to the champagne corolla who figured you'd get more traction by bouncing off your rev limiter... take a driving lesson and do your self a favor! just making more ice for the people behind you..

R4NT finished..

TonyPajamaz Mar 10, 2012 09:26 PM

I got a set of brand new kumho kw21's when i picked up my evo 4, I'm a little bit sad that the snow is pretty much all gone...they are a great tire. They give you so much confidence while driving in traffic even with slush and snow built up like you said.
And I find they give you complete control when having fun in snow covered parking lots!