EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Canadian Forum (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/canadian-forum-63/)
-   -   MONTREAL MEET - Sept. 5th (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/canadian-forum/93401-montreal-meet-sept-5th.html)

WoRkZ Aug 11, 2004 05:29 AM

MONTREAL MEET - Sept. 5th

[EDIT]

http://www.aelisnet.com/teaser.jpg

Hey there guys! So, what's up with the sept. 5th meet? Is this thing happening??? Right now I've got people from Quebec, Sherbrooke, Trois-Rivières and St-Jean-sur-Richelieu asking about it... and we're all kinda waiting for the word so we can plan ahead.

Anyone has some news on that???

I would hope MCCC comes through... but if not, we might as well meet anyway. {thumbup} :beer:

WoRkZ Aug 11, 2004 12:32 PM

Anybody???

GreenArcher Aug 11, 2004 12:46 PM

I know Blaze, Fluke and Deux are working on this. Wait till they get on line.

Blaze will also be in town this weekend. I'll ask him about it.

WoRkZ Aug 11, 2004 12:55 PM

Hey thanks man!{thumbup} I was beginning to think it was not gonna happen... which would put me in trouble 'cause I told the guys not to plan anything on that weekend! :eek:

blaze_125 Aug 11, 2004 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by WoRkZ
Hey thanks man!{thumbup} I was beginning to think it was not gonna happen... which would put me in trouble 'cause I told the guys not to plan anything on that weekend! :eek:

Sorry to tell you this, but looks like you are in trouble. Since the last meet, I did not have 1 minute to my-self. Had to R&D my sub box plus got a new job with a new schedule and training. I really do not have the time to organize the event. The car show will go on anyway, so you guys might want to sign up and bring you car over there to represent MCCC on my behalf. Because of my new schedule, on top of not being able to organize, I won't even be able to attend the car show {thumbdwn} And now the cheery on the sunday... My main sponsor just went out of business. Apparently, when people buy a suspension modification they only consider the "looks" of the part instead of the purpose and results {thumbdwn} Now that is what I call rice :lol:

WoRkZ Aug 11, 2004 04:21 PM

That sucks (you not coming I mean)...

Is Fluke taking over any kind of organizing or are we really on our own? :crap: I really hope somebody from MCCC does organize things a bit so that we have a precise idea of what's gonna happen when we get there...

Anyway, there's a potential for something good here. From over here, I don't feel I can do much as far as organizing goes (anyway, I'm quite bad at this). But the one thing I know how to do is get in touch with guys from all over the place and convince them to come and meet us...

Anyone up for the organizing part? I really wish we'd go there as a group, not just go there as individual owners...

_

wild_child Aug 11, 2004 05:53 PM

We could do a mini meet by ourselve. :confused: :mitsu:
In the middle of all city like Trois-Rivières {thumbup} . Maybe Alex could reserved a resto for souper :beer: .

(hein Jef qu'en penses tu?)

blaze_125 Aug 11, 2004 06:59 PM

Originally Posted by WoRkZ
Is Fluke taking over any kind of organizing or are we really on our own? :crap: I really hope somebody from MCCC does organize things a bit so that we have a precise idea of what's gonna happen when we get there...

There is not much to organize unless you want sponsors like I wanted. The car show on sept 5 is already estalished. All you gotta do is fill out the form and ask for Lancers' to placed together. That's exacly what I qould have done, but I would have braught some sponsors in as well. So you guys can attend the car show and use the sponsors they already have. It not much to plan. If you want, send me a PM and I'll find you the phone number of the person responsible for the Track&Wheel.

ModernRacer Aug 11, 2004 07:10 PM

Blaze you can count me in for the Montreal meet, i will be there on that week-end anyway,visiting my folks, if you need a hand to organize anything,feel free to ask away {thumbup} :D

flukester Aug 11, 2004 09:28 PM

I'm not much help organizing anything myself these days.. I work 6 or 7 days a week these days and hardly a day <10 hours... I'd like to attend though, but not sure it'll be possible.

Sylvain, can you provide us with the contact information you had so far, then we'll see how many cars can attend, and we'll just reserve a spot for us?

thanks
fluke

WoRkZ Aug 11, 2004 09:37 PM

I think Blaze's suggestion is really "cool". Since we originally planned to go to that show in the first place, I say let's go and show them what a Mitsubishi is (since nobody seems to know!)!!! {thumbup}

But I don't think anyone needs to enter the show and shine contest though. Let's meet out there, have our own little meet and then mingle with the others at the event! Who's up for that???

The only problem is knowing where we can all meet outside of the lot where they do the S&S competition... Does anybody know what the place is like? Blaze, can you post that link again about the show so we can get all the info... and maybe some Montreal guy might be really swell and do some recon for us! We'll be needing a big nice parking lot, really close to where the show will be. We meet there, get to know everyone and then go to the show together and have some fun!

Wild Child: I know this is a longuer drive for you, is that okay? What you get in return is a nicely organized show as a backdrop for the meet...

BTW: If anyone of you guys has a nicely prepped Mitsubishi, I hope you do enter the competition... and of course win the thing!!! {thumbup}

Let's go to Montreal people! {blob}{blob}{blob}

_

WoRkZ Aug 11, 2004 09:52 PM

Let's do it people!!!

By the way, since nobody seems to want the job, I guess I'll be the official meet organiser. But you guys better help me out 'cause I have very little time on my hands as it is and I know squat about organizing! :crap:

First thing first:

Who in Montreal is up for the recon job? We need a large restaurant or shopping mall parking lot really close to the show... and easy to find if possible. Remember guys from out of town will be trying to get there too.

Second item:

I need a volunteer in every city to round as much Mitsubishi owners as possible. I can take on Sherbrooke if needed... but I shure would appreciate that somebody else does it.

Third step:

I'll be creating a nice flyer (in english and french) so you guys can print it out and distribute it. Check this thread back tomorrow and I should have it ready. It can then be left on every Mitsubishi windshield in sight and in every Mitsubishi dealers out there. Get creative and round them up!

Let's have ourselves a big ass meet people! The more cars, the bigeest the fun!!! {thumbup} So go on and spread the news! Let's get this meet on the road (He, he! I like this one!)... :lol:

Go, go , go!!!

PS: Please e-mail me if you have any questions and I'll try to get back to you with the best info I can gather up... I will also give you guys my cell number if you should want it. That way we can all stay in touch during the drive to Montreal...

_

enjoku Aug 11, 2004 10:11 PM

Hey guys please let us know if you need any help from us here in Toronto. Also let me know who needs club decals, please send me your mailing address. OK

Thanks
-Emil

lancerCANADA Aug 11, 2004 10:32 PM

sorry guys i cant make this one, have another wedding that weekend

GreenArcher Aug 11, 2004 10:36 PM

Way to go, Workz for taking the initiative. Thanks. This way, the meet is still on and the ball keeps on rolling.

thanks enjoku also for the offer of support.

Good luck. {thumbup}