Notices

Edmonton Mitsubishi Lancer Club (EMLC)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 19, 2010, 01:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Edmonton Mitsubishi Lancer Club (EMLC)

He all,

We are staring an Edmonton Mitsubishi Lancer Club (EMLC).

http://ablancer.ca

We have an exciting 2011 season coming up, please visit the website if you are interested in joining a local Lancer community.

We have our first recruiting event coming up quickly:
http://ablancer.ca/calendar.php?y=2010&m=10&d=23

And don't forget to give us thumbs up on our website:
http://www.ablancer.ca/index.php?inner=thumbsup
Old Oct 21, 2010, 09:06 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
don't mean to flat out flame or bash your attempt but....

you relise theres like 2 or 3 established "lancer clubs" in edmonton/calgary/general alberta area, plus various mixed "clubs" said "lancer clubs" affiliate with?

why not use your enthusiam to help out with an already established club with an actual member base instead of just you and a buddy or two trying to make your own exclusive one?

.... 2 "official members", APPLICATION FORMS?!, quite a few foolish "rules" you should just be happy to get people out not try to have some sort of little fifedom where your the dictator, good idea but wrong approach

By failing the below listed (but not limited to) guidelines an EMLC member is subject to suspension or permanent removal from the Club.

1) The member may not belong to any another Mitsubishi Lancer/Lancer Evolution/Lancer Ralliart (or Lancer related) club.

2) The member may belong to another Non-Model/Make or other Mitsubishi-Model specific club, but not one which is targeted towards the Lancer models as described in rule # 1.

15) No member is allowed to recruit other members into this Club. Only members listed on this website are official Club members.

17) The member must provide the club President with a valid Phone Number (home or cell), valid E-mail address, and valid Home Address (this information will NEVER be stored online, or used for any marketing or other purposes and is fully confidential) <--- cause i trust my personal info with some random dude

18) It is the member's responsibility to announce their unavailability for extended periods of time (i.e. out of town/country vacations, family related events, working out of town/country etc.). If the member appears "missing in action" for extensive periods of time (2,3 months, etc) the members License may be subject for Suspension. Any "leave time" should be reported to the Club President <---- so your entitled to the commings and goings of my personal life?

Last edited by robyn402; Oct 21, 2010 at 09:39 AM.
Old Oct 25, 2010, 07:16 AM

So these "established" clubs must be really hard to find. I've been looking for one since 2007 and have not found one. That's why the website is up, that's why I'm starting what I'm starting.

If these "clubs" need help or want to join up then ablancer.ca is a perfect spot to do so.

Granted though, maybe these "rules" I have are a little strict.
I'm after serious people who are committed to their vehicles and are willing prove they are who they are. This is why I'm asking for the personal information.
If I wanted a bunch of random people who will show up sporadically then I would let anyone join, take whatever I can, and run a disorganized club. 5 solid members are better than 30 random people.

Nonetheless I see your point and I may revise the rules and the application form a little bit. I haven't had any replies regarding any of these matters so far.

I'm not some "random dude", and I'm doing what I'm doing to prove that. This club will be registered under the Alberta Non-Profit Business act (eventually) so perhaps that will allow people (like yourself) to put a bit more trust towards these applications.
I'm picky, because I need to be, in order to take this to a level which I intend.
And no, I don't need to know who is doing what/when/and why, I just need to know that if someone is going to be away for a long time and miss a bunch of events and meetings they are still "coming back" so I can keep their profiles and occupied webspace open, that's all there is to it.

Constructive criticism is always welcome though, I thank you for that.
This is the reason why I will be opening a forum on the website (sometime soon) so we can all discuss this type of stuff and reach some common ground in the community.

Last edited by roxmuhr; Oct 25, 2010 at 07:29 AM.
Old Oct 25, 2010, 09:45 AM
Evolved Member

i was gunna swing by the old timers cabin saturday but got caught up in my own happenings of the day

i run around with a core group of dudes in a couple mixed "clubs" simply because it seems mitsu clubs don't last too long

www.mitsunation.net - having a sign up freeze due to some extreme spam thats got in their not sure if they've fixed it yet

forum setup similar to evom but core mebership is from edmonton/calgary/winnipeg/vancouver area and some interior BC,

less technical info available but its a more local forum/organisation... activity has slipped alot since i first found them many people move on or get bored but theres a bunch of people there i'm sure who'd like an active club again

try and get an account on their to spread the word, if they've still frozen sign up gimme the info and i'll post it

on facebook you'll find two smaller groups, "E-town lancers" and "modified 101"

e- town lancers is a more active group from what i've seen online then mod 101 they're another small group that started there own thing and never really went anywhere

i randomly try to spread the word amongst anyone i find that intrested in such things, and make attempts at making one meet instead of various random groups at their own meets... i always say the more the merrier

Last edited by robyn402; Oct 25, 2010 at 09:48 AM.
Old Oct 25, 2010, 11:51 AM

I've been trying to get on www.mitsunation.net for months. They are still frozen.
I got sick of waiting for that one too. Again, that's why I'm starting this and I intend on keeping it going.

I know there are people in this city who are all about the Lancer, and this who I want to gather. Once I get this going and sift through the people who are not that much into it we should be left with a group that's serious.

If you have access to mitstunation.net then please post a topic about the Club.
Just mention that the club is started and we're recruiting members, direct them to the website. I would greatly appreciate that.

I will be planning a next event in late November, for people just to come hang out and talk to us about the club. I don't know the date yet, but it will be posted this week for sure.
I'm also in contact with some management at the local dealerships and keeping them posted about what's going on with the club. I want to get them involved in car shows, I want the club members to have opportunity to win stuff, get sponsors etc. Main goal is to take EMLC and create a strong racing team and bring more racing to Edmonton, also get some Edmonton Lancers into car shows... make this city and this club stand out.

I just need to gather a group of people who are going to put effort into this club and we can take it far.
Old Oct 26, 2010, 08:53 AM
Evolved Member

on yeah i forgot about beyond.ca and 780tuners.com, bound to find evo and lancer guys there
Old Oct 26, 2010, 09:19 AM

I am on 780tuners.com, I'll check out beyond.ca.

I reviewed one of the guideline points, to be more reasonable #1 now states:

"The member may belong to any another Mitsubishi Lancer/Lancer Evolution/Lancer Ralliart (or Lancer related) club but the vehicle must no bear stickers/decals promoting this club."

Also next event is now scheduled for November 27th:
http://www.ablancer.ca/calendar.php?y=2010&m=11&d=27

Details about the event will be updated shortly on the link above.

EDIT:
beyond.ca has registration disabled.
Old Oct 27, 2010, 10:41 AM
Evolving Member

Wow! shady.

Rox, you may want to review the following:
http://pipa.alberta.ca/index.cfm?pag...act/index.html

I can see in a few areas your application form and site rules violate Alberta law regarding collection of information and it's intended use.
ex. How is my City/Country of birth to be used in a car club?

Having my address and knowing when I've gone away could open my car/home up to thief.

How will you assure security of personal information if you computer was hacked/stolen?

etc

etc

etc

EVOM BEWARE!
Old Oct 27, 2010, 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by psy-q
Wow! shady.

Rox, you may want to review the following:
http://pipa.alberta.ca/index.cfm?pag...act/index.html

I can see in a few areas your application form and site rules violate Alberta law regarding collection of information and it's intended use.
ex. How is my City/Country of birth to be used in a car club?

Having my address and knowing when I've gone away could open my car/home up to thief.

How will you assure security of personal information if you computer was hacked/stolen?

etc

etc

etc

EVOM BEWARE!
Wow, you people are really paranoid - just like myself, that's why I have the application form.

I'll review the document though, for sure.

Your City/Country of birth is just for a fun reference, because I wasn't born in Canada.
I was born in Poland, Czestochowa.
Having your address allows me to know where in the city you are located and that you are a real person.
I'm not going to go breaking into your homes. But I can see that this is starting to become an issue, so I'll probably just start asking for the postal code so I can have a relative location to where people are in the city. This will help me plan better events...
That's why I SPECIFICALLY say to hand in the applications to myself.

Reason being, you can meet me, my full First/Last name is listed on the website as well with a profile photo. The only other way to hand in the application is to scan/email it to me which then I print and delete from my email. Application forms are not stored online, or on any computer or media. You can't apply online simply because I don't want any personal information being passed via raw text over the internet (a scanned jpg is a different story).

Why the hell would I go through all this trouble, then spend hours and hours of time putting up a website, listing myself with my First/Last name, picture, picture of my car, set up public meetings, and then go f*ck people over.

But I understand that there is some confusion going on about all that. Like I said once the club is registered as a non-profit it will shift things around a little bit.
As for now, like I said, I will be reviewing the application form (and I will take a look at the form you suggested).

So don't worry, I will not kill you, steal your homes, or eat your children.
Next event is November 27th, location is listed on the website. You can come out with or without filling out applications. Come meet me, talk to me, then decide what you want to do. There is no obligations behind coming to Tim Hortons (etc.) and meeting me in person.

If you are that terrified of me take a look at this link as well:
http://derewonko.ca/#pagev4=author

It has a little bit of info about myself (including my DOB)

You can also take a peak at:
http://www.nait.ca/docs/Computer_Eng...8CNT%29_LR.pdf
In the left column in blue text at the bottom of the page is my quote and First/Last name listed.

Last edited by roxmuhr; Oct 27, 2010 at 11:41 AM.
Old Oct 27, 2010, 11:46 AM

Might I add:

This is a healthy discussion. I appreciate the concerns and will review them closely.
I'm in the process of setting up a forum on the ablancer.ca website as well, then we can take all those concerns and beat them to death over there.
Old Nov 2, 2010, 08:22 AM

I updated the Member Guidelines and Application form.
I think it's more reasonable now.

Definitely looking forwards to hearing what you think now
Old Nov 2, 2010, 01:06 PM

FYI: The club website now has it's own forum
http://ablancer.ca/phpbbforum/index.php

Open to public.
Old Nov 5, 2010, 12:38 PM
Evolved Member

much better, heres hoping you can generate a member base and get your project off the ground
Old Nov 5, 2010, 02:53 PM

kudos to you for starting sometihing like this up , cheers
ill be around .
Old Nov 8, 2010, 06:21 AM

Anything I can do to make this better

Hope to see ya'll in the future.

Quick Reply: Edmonton Mitsubishi Lancer Club (EMLC)