Notices

Cobb Stage 1 CHFF Evo x MR 2015

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2015, 10:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cobb Stage 1 CHFF Evo x MR 2015

Hey guys, new guy here.

Recently bought the AP stage 1 CHFF and any tips before I download that stage 1 map? Should I do like a baseline run before going to stage 1 without the filter then with the filter?

How big of a difference does this mod/tune make?

Im open to suggestions thanks in advance everyone!
Old Apr 22, 2015, 11:45 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by EvoNo0b
Hey guys, new guy here.

Recently bought the AP stage 1 CHFF and any tips before I download that stage 1 map? Should I do like a baseline run before going to stage 1 without the filter then with the filter?

How big of a difference does this mod/tune make?

Im open to suggestions thanks in advance everyone!

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/co...questions.html

This was just my experience, you may have better results. Just make sure and log knock and boost. From what I can tell boost should be at 23.5 + or - 1.5 and knock should be under 5 in low throttle conditions. These cars seem to overboost when flooring it in higher gears. I would log the car stock and see how it behaves. I would also get a tune as I dont trust the OTS maps.
Old Apr 25, 2015, 08:37 PM

Thumbs up Post a pull

Can you post one of your pulls so I can compare? This is mine, same config, 91 cobb CHFF stage 1. Going up an on-ramp 3-4th gears I think.

Overall, I feel like the tune gives a bit more power ( and noise ), but I want to say it doesn't pull consistently. Sometimes I feel like the turbo buffers around 3-4k RPM. I am thinking about going back to stock to compare.
Attached Files
File Type: zip
datalog4.csv.zip (4.3 KB, 0 views)
Old Apr 27, 2015, 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by drag00n
Can you post one of your pulls so I can compare? This is mine, same config, 91 cobb CHFF stage 1. Going up an on-ramp 3-4th gears I think.

Overall, I feel like the tune gives a bit more power ( and noise ), but I want to say it doesn't pull consistently. Sometimes I feel like the turbo buffers around 3-4k RPM. I am thinking about going back to stock to compare.

I'll post it up once the AP still waiting for it to come in the mail
Old Apr 27, 2015, 02:56 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by EvoNo0b
I'll post it up once the AP still waiting for it to come in the mail
Send it back when it arrives.

Cobb maps are junk compared to a real tune.

Ask any MR or Ralliart owner who has used the Cobb AP and then went to open source tuning....its the much better option.

Mainly because the cobb maps dont touch the SST. And you need the have the TCU adjusted to compensate for the extra power you're making....and if you dont....say goodbye to your stock clutches in a short time.
Old May 3, 2015, 01:40 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by jakeleclair2000
Send it back when it arrives.

Cobb maps are junk compared to a real tune.

Ask any MR or Ralliart owner who has used the Cobb AP and then went to open source tuning....its the much better option.

Mainly because the cobb maps dont touch the SST. And you need the have the TCU adjusted to compensate for the extra power you're making....and if you dont....say goodbye to your stock clutches in a short time.

I wouldn't go as far to say that they are junk. Most people who have issues with the OTS maps have either not replaced the recommended fuses and or are combining parts that shouldn't be used with these maps. My point is that if your going to run the cobb maps, I would use the cobb parts recommended for that particular map. These maps are not perfect and yes a proper dynotune will always be better but the cobb maps are much better than stock. Ive been running the stage 1 w/o intake filter for weeks with great results. I believe that the issues I had with the stage 1 + CHFF is because I had not yet changed the fuses and I don't believe the intake should be touched until the exhaust is opened up.
I am not an expert on the SST by any means but I believe messing with the SST is unnecessary for cobb power levels. Plenty of people have ran the SST at over 350 awhp for years with no issues and most of the issues people have are from driving aggressively in normal or sport instead of super sport, neglect, using improper fluids, or abuse. 60 or 70 hp IMO is not going to do anything to a healthy SST.
The following users liked this post:
RevMaynard (Dec 31, 2018)