Notices

Cobb AccessPort EVO X how to Data log for Etunes

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14, 2017, 06:30 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The problem is when it throws these codes technically the front o2 sensor is not working so the car will be in open loops and runs a but leaner.
Old Jul 15, 2017, 08:55 PM
Evolving Member

Received 34 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by khaled_hourani
The problem is when it throws these codes technically the front o2 sensor is not working so the car will be in open loops and runs a but leaner.
These codes are for the rear o2 sensor, have you verified in logs that the fuel trims all 0 out or freeze when you get the codes?

The front o2 sensor is a narrow band sensor and not really worth much. If you are running "lean" in open loop (high or low load) you should really adjust the tune. If you're fuel trims during closed loop stayed within ~5% there should extremely minimal difference with the front o2 not working/open loop.

the engine should also only be operating in closed loop at low RPM/engine loads. Again being it is a narrow band sensor its not helpful to the ECU as soon as the tune calls for anything "richer" than ~.97 lambda which is still way to lean for mid/high load situations.

hope that helps, don't hesitate to post again if there is more to discuss
Old Jun 22, 2020, 12:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by tunermt
These codes are for the rear o2 sensor, have you verified in logs that the fuel trims all 0 out or freeze when you get the codes?

The front o2 sensor is a narrow band sensor and not really worth much. If you are running "lean" in open loop (high or low load) you should really adjust the tune. If you're fuel trims during closed loop stayed within ~5% there should extremely minimal difference with the front o2 not working/open loop.

the engine should also only be operating in closed loop at low RPM/engine loads. Again being it is a narrow band sensor its not helpful to the ECU as soon as the tune calls for anything "richer" than ~.97 lambda which is still way to lean for mid/high load situations.

hope that helps, don't hesitate to post again if there is more to discuss
Bringing this thread to life once again. I believe it is correct that even if you connect the rear 02 for some reason the front 02 adjust on it's own making the vehicle lean at idle. Were talking about 16 to 16.7 at idle. So I have it tapped where I can connect my wideband and switch to narrow band. Everytime I go back to NB, the AEM WB reads normal.
Old Jun 26, 2020, 04:18 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by 11XRAY
Bringing this thread to life once again. I believe it is correct that even if you connect the rear 02 for some reason the front 02 adjust on it's own making the vehicle lean at idle. Were talking about 16 to 16.7 at idle. So I have it tapped where I can connect my wideband and switch to narrow band. Everytime I go back to NB, the AEM WB reads normal.
can you explain exactly what you mean, when you say you can connect your wideband and switch to narrow band? Maybe I'm just misunderstanding. Thanks
Old Jul 26, 2020, 06:53 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I am having a nightmare of a time getting this to work.

All I want to do is log my wideband on the accesport.
First I bought just the sensor....and despite asking and talking to every manufacture of the parts involved, I was told I needed the guage/controller.
So I returned the sensor, and bought the kit with the gauge.

Wired it up, gauge works great. Wired it to work with the accesport......nothing.
And NOW I read that it's not set up to work with the X series!!? Can someone confirm this?
The X series dosent appear any different than the other AEM wideband (which I didn't even know existed before)

So am I screwed now, and have to buy a THIRD wideband, an older version???
Old Jul 30, 2020, 10:38 PM
Evolving Member

Received 34 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by Matthew Blunk
I am having a nightmare of a time getting this to work.

All I want to do is log my wideband on the accesport.
First I bought just the sensor....and despite asking and talking to every manufacture of the parts involved, I was told I needed the guage/controller.
So I returned the sensor, and bought the kit with the gauge.

Wired it up, gauge works great. Wired it to work with the accesport......nothing.
And NOW I read that it's not set up to work with the X series!!? Can someone confirm this?
The X series dosent appear any different than the other AEM wideband (which I didn't even know existed before)

So am I screwed now, and have to buy a THIRD wideband, an older version???
It works with the X series no worries.
X series needs to have the analog ground (sensor ground) connected before the analog 0-5v output will output a signal.

For logging on the AP you log rear o2 voltage and then you or your tuner can do the voltage to AFR calculation in a spread sheet before viewing graphically in your software of choice.