Notices
Drag Racing Find out the best way to launch and see what kind of times other people are posting. No posting of street racing related stories!

mid 14 second evo

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17, 2006, 11:21 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mid 14 second evo

so it was my first run(s) at the track w/my evo.. i will tell you now that i suck at launching...

i hit the 2 step, and quickly release the clutch.. it feels like im rippin off the line like a banshee, but my 60' will tell you otherwise.. here's my BEST run

60'...2.133
1/8...9.291@ 75.50
1/4...14.470@94.88 mph.

i also dont think my car is pullin too hard, feels like pulled timing but i dont see how that might be considering its basically stock.

i have the injen intake on it (put on after the mail in flash, which is a no-no)
other than that, im at stock boost. no boost leaks or anything like that

so is it just ****ty driving?
Old Aug 17, 2006, 11:25 AM
Evolved Member

lol u should of just bought a tbe would of been way faster... and yeah your 60ft are really bad.. u should be at least a 1.8.. also your mph is really low hmmm i am stuck on that one.. o yeah and dont dump the clutch.
Old Aug 17, 2006, 11:31 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by whitersevo
lol u should of just bought a tbe would of been way faster... and yeah your 60ft are really bad.. u should be at least a 1.8.. also your mph is really low hmmm i am stuck on that one.. o yeah and dont dump the clutch.
+1 Your driving needs work! What rpm are you shifting at?
Old Aug 17, 2006, 11:33 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Turbo Meg
+1 Your driving needs work! What rpm are you shifting at?

about 7K
Old Aug 17, 2006, 11:46 AM
Evolved Member

Location: somewhere testing various tires, brakes, and suspensions.
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
On the 2 step you have to take out some of the slack in the pedel, then walk it back. Since you are on the stock clutch - you still have the restrictor line. You will not beable to just let it go, that will make the clutch spin.

What gear are you in at the end of the race? (Should be top of 4th)

You should be shifting at ~7k, anything past that is past the turbos effective range. And you have to shift very fast.

Also, how where you setup to race? I.E. full tank of gas? Tire pressure? Full weight? What oct did you use? Try 100/104 unleaded. Get to the track on E, and fill up with 3 gals of 100. Dont mess with your boost, but that will help not pull timing.

What was the weather like - temp wise?
Old Aug 17, 2006, 11:55 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by SmikeEvo
On the 2 step you have to take out some of the slack in the pedel, then walk it back. Since you are on the stock clutch - you still have the restrictor line. You will not beable to just let it go, that will make the clutch spin.

What gear are you in at the end of the race? (Should be top of 4th)

You should be shifting at ~7k, anything past that is past the turbos effective range. And you have to shift very fast.

Also, how where you setup to race? I.E. full tank of gas? Tire pressure? Full weight? What oct did you use? Try 100/104 unleaded. Get to the track on E, and fill up with 3 gals of 100. Dont mess with your boost, but that will help not pull timing.

What was the weather like - temp wise?
yes im at the top of 4th at the end of the race, i do shift basically on 7K
i had a little over 1/4 of a tank (93), and i do shift as fast as i can. i didnt adjust tire pressure, and it was full weight.. weather was prob 75 degrees or so, low humidity
Old Aug 17, 2006, 12:08 PM
Evolved Member

Put the stock intake back on without any changes and see what happens. Your trap speeds are pretty low.

If you don't want to ditch the intake get a cable and log your run with EVOScan. I'd be willing to be it's pulling timing due to the intake.
Old Aug 17, 2006, 12:11 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by justchil
Put the stock intake back on without any changes and see what happens. Your trap speeds are pretty low.

If you don't want to ditch the intake get a cable and log your run with EVOScan. I'd be willing to be it's pulling timing due to the intake.

that was my assumption... it felt like it was pulling a bit better w/the stock box.. i just thought it was my imagination when i put the intake on, that it was a tad slower
Old Aug 17, 2006, 12:24 PM
Evolved Member

Location: somewhere testing various tires, brakes, and suspensions.
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
The intake will mess up your tune - but you already know that. It could cause you to run leaner, and that will pull timing. Or put you in a "limp mode" which may explain you low traps.

Just get a K&N drop-in, and you should be good to go. But a TBE would really help you out.
Old Aug 17, 2006, 12:52 PM
Evolved Member

If you do go back to the stock box.. try to find a Works panel filter. The filter surface is much larger than the k&n. I'm not sure if Works has these in stock or not -- last I checked they were hard to get.
Old Aug 17, 2006, 12:58 PM
Evolving Member

intake bad, stock box good.
Old Aug 17, 2006, 01:06 PM
Evolved Member

Was this at Epping? Is the car tuned for an intake? and maybe you have some boost leaks your trap is awful.
Old Aug 17, 2006, 01:09 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Ultimateone
Was this at Epping? Is the car tuned for an intake? and maybe you have some boost leaks your trap is awful.

yes, epping.. and before everyone flames me i slapped on the intake after the flash which isnt good, but i didnt think it would make it THAT much slower.. i did a boost leak check tuesday, no leaks anywhere
Old Aug 17, 2006, 01:17 PM
Evolving Member

bad driving. youre really slow being u have a little extra power.
Old Aug 17, 2006, 01:29 PM
Evolved Member

If the 60 foot feels good but is coming up 2.1 make sure you're not slipping the clutch too much, my first pass out at the track I did the same deal, 2.1 60 foot but it felt good until I saw the tach sitting at 6k and then grab.

Quick Reply: mid 14 second evo