Notices
Drag Racing Find out the best way to launch and see what kind of times other people are posting. No posting of street racing related stories!

Horrible times at track please help!!!

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8, 2006, 09:00 AM
Pocket Mo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by EvoJutsu
NO u ppl are lookin at this wrong. Not to mean bro, but u cant drive. Why even get mods? There should be a rule if u want to mod ur evo, first go to the track and if u can push ur totally stock evo in the low 13's then mod. With ur mods ur suppose to mid to low 12's. MAYBE there could be a boost leak and i see u don't have a boost gauge. Get the boost gauge and set it to 21 psi, maybe thats the reason. Cause i saw wit the TT flash u ran 12.7 which is OK but not the full potential of ur mods which u have listed.
You're kidding right? Get a boost gauge and set it to 21psi? Before you start knocking on his driving, take a look at the numbers themselves. He's trapping way too low.
Old Oct 8, 2006, 09:25 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The problem is your tune.. You said it yourself pretty much.. You were trapping higher with a TT flash and it ran slower after you got another tune!! Why dont you pm TTP-E and have him flash your car.. I ran 12.8@108 this last friday night and that was with the clutch slipping and smoking so just imagine what i could have ran with a good clutch!!
Old Oct 8, 2006, 03:22 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by EVIL_EVO_VIII
The problem is your tune.. You said it yourself pretty much.. You were trapping higher with a TT flash and it ran slower after you got another tune!! Why dont you pm TTP-E and have him flash your car.. I ran 12.8@108 this last friday night and that was with the clutch slipping and smoking so just imagine what i could have ran with a good clutch!!
No, it is not just his tune. There is something wrong with his car. I know alot of people knock Al's tunes, and sure there may be better ones out there but he should be going much faster. I ran a 12.3@108 with a mail-in flash, TBE, MBC, intake, and Twin Disc. This year I ran the time in my sig with those mods and a mail-in.
Old Oct 8, 2006, 06:00 PM
Evolved Member

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by NIevo
No, it is not just his tune. There is something wrong with his car. I know alot of people knock Al's tunes, and sure there may be better ones out there but he should be going much faster. I ran a 12.3@108 with a mail-in flash, TBE, MBC, intake, and Twin Disc. This year I ran the time in my sig with those mods and a mail-in.

What if he just put the TT tune back on, went to the track and ran better?? What would you say then??

Me (& most of EvoM) have seen how "great" Al's tune really are. To tell you the truth, every dynoflash tune I've seen that has been logged by EVOScan knocks like hell.
Old Oct 8, 2006, 07:05 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Evo_Kid
What if he just put the TT tune back on, went to the track and ran better?? What would you say then??

Me (& most of EvoM) have seen how "great" Al's tune really are. To tell you the truth, every dynoflash tune I've seen that has been logged by EVOScan knocks like hell.
If he switched it out for a TT flash and the car ran better with all other parameters staying the same then he could say it was the tune. Without Datalogging or even a simple boost gauge its impossible to tell whats going on.

If you and others have a beef with Al I could care less, actually alot of the behavior I see on here is childish. However, when people just instantly jump in and blame a tune without looking at the other options first is just stupid. Some people may have had problems with him, others have ran great times with him.
Old Oct 8, 2006, 07:07 PM
Rnm
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by NIevo
If you and others have a beef with Al I could care less, actually alot of the behavior I see on here is childish. However, when people just instantly jump in and blame a tune without looking at the other options first is just stupid. Some people may have had problems with him, others have ran great times with him.
x2

Old Oct 8, 2006, 09:13 PM
Evolved Member

but with the same mods with the TT flash the car ran better so is it a possibility its the flash??
Old Oct 8, 2006, 09:28 PM
Rnm
Evolved Member

Having all those mods and no boost gauge is just asinine. Please get a gauge ASAP!
Old Oct 8, 2006, 09:33 PM
Account Disabled

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by C6C6CH3vo
What are you trying to communicate?

The only way to improve your times without increasing boost is with nitrous. Get some boost control and a guage
Nitrous is not the answer to power making. Tuning to the maximum efficiency of the octane you are using is. AIR / FUEL / SPARK TIMING = power.
Old Oct 8, 2006, 09:53 PM
Account Disabled

nitrous does equal power but in this case there are certainly more reliable and cheaper ways of getting it, nitrous picked up 7 mph on my evo which is just about the same that I gained from most of my other mods considering the car with just a tbe was trapping 106-107...
Old Oct 8, 2006, 11:24 PM
Account Disabled

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Ultimate CC
nitrous does equal power but in this case there are certainly more reliable and cheaper ways of getting it, nitrous picked up 7 mph on my evo which is just about the same that I gained from most of my other mods considering the car with just a tbe was trapping 106-107...
Please don't take it personal, but if you cannot run 11's without nitrous, you should not use nitrous at all. IMO. This is just a general opinion, not directed AT you.
Old Oct 9, 2006, 10:39 AM
Account Disabled

I agree, but I was just saying that nitrous is certainly easy power, there are definitely cheaper daily driving mods that will get you into the 11s as well....