Notices
Drag Racing Find out the best way to launch and see what kind of times other people are posting. No posting of street racing related stories!

Is the AWD system the best for drag racing? awd vrs rwd?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2008, 11:32 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ALLBLACK-EVO
So in answer to the OP's question "Is the AWD system the best for drag racing? awd vrs rwd?" You are saying RWD then .

Don't get me wrong anyone who knows me knows that I have one thing in mind, to beat the majority of domestic RWD cars at both track and street. To do that, sometimes you have to put yourself in their shoes and ask yourself, if I am a RWD what would I do to beat an AWD. Then you can start to figure out how to counter it. In the end it usually comes down to $$$.

If you haven't broken 11s with your own EVO then wouldn't saying that it is easy for an EVO to break 11s a little premature. There are a small number of EVOs that can do it with a stock turbo. I can tell you that with a large turbo it's easy but not that easy. Just don't want someone to be misled.
Yes I agree RWD for all out drag racing is better. I mean it's simple really, less things can go wrong and it's easier, cheaper etc.

No debate there... But for a average joe that likes to go fast AWD Evo's are great. On the street no RWD car will out launch AWD. On the track it takes drag radials to even things out and slicks to slightly pull better 60 foots. Again this is street cars not drag racers.

Also I would think that if you trap in the 114's-115 range you should see high 11's. A stock turbo can do that so again not very hard. Just my opinion.
Old Mar 24, 2008, 12:41 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
so the awd is the street king over rwd...
Old Mar 24, 2008, 01:13 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by TurboIX
Also I would think that if you trap in the 114's-115 range you should see high 11's. A stock turbo can do that so again not very hard. Just my opinion.
Should be in a different thread. Sounds good in theory but if seeing high 11's isn't very hard on a stock turbo then why haven't you done it yet? I personally know 3 people who have done it on a stock turbo it's not like they just added bolt ons, got a tune, drove to the track and ran a high 11. It took quite a few attempts and adjustments before they were able to get it.

But yes I agree at the track RWD is king, on the street AWD is king.
Old Mar 27, 2008, 11:24 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by ALLBLACK-EVO
Should be in a different thread. Sounds good in theory but if seeing high 11's isn't very hard on a stock turbo then why haven't you done it yet? I personally know 3 people who have done it on a stock turbo it's not like they just added bolt ons, got a tune, drove to the track and ran a high 11. It took quite a few attempts and adjustments before they were able to get it.

But yes I agree at the track RWD is king, on the street AWD is king.
I havent done it because I dont trap 114-115..I was getting 12.4 with traps as low as 108 lol.

But that's beyond the point, I had a mis-fortunate accident at teh track when i got my New setup. Had to leave the track with bad results..All my fault.

But I do think with my current setup I can taste the 12.0 if no 11.9 mark. Still stock turbo.

Again i'm not trying to seem like a cocky ***..I just think with my average driving It can be done..anybody with above average driving skills should get atleast high 11's with a nice setup..Not a crazy setup just nice.