Notices
Drag Racing Find out the best way to launch and see what kind of times other people are posting. No posting of street racing related stories!

*VIDZ* - My Pinks All Out Experience - A road racing car goes drag racing.

Search this Thread

Old Jun 10, 2008, 05:48 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thats awesome Trevor! I'm sure both you and the car were noticed during the event. That alone is worth it. Not very many imports showing the love at an event like this, but you did and in a road race car at that.

Hats off to Dave and Dan for always going the extra mile for their customers as usual.

Sweet ET and trap too!
Old Jun 10, 2008, 06:10 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Good stuff Trevor!

Sorry we didnt get to hangout more while you were here. The shootout is just around the corner so we'll have to crack a couple open.
Old Jun 10, 2008, 07:03 AM
Evolved Member

Cool. Sounds like it was quite the adventure.
Old Jun 10, 2008, 07:21 AM
fre
Evolved Member

I think I saw you run on the live stream. It was probably around noon there. Sounded like you shifted too early into second and bogged a bit.

Last edited by fre; Jun 10, 2008 at 07:25 AM.
Old Jun 10, 2008, 08:14 AM
Evolved Member

Nice writeup Trevor. Glad to see you and the Magnum are doing so well. Hopefully we'll get to see you again in August.
Old Jun 10, 2008, 08:45 AM
Evolved Member

I did bog the car a bit as I am not used to 1st running out as far as it does and hard to to tell where the tach really is when the tires are frying like they did. No excuses though as that was all me and the car definitely had more ET and MPH in it.

I can't wait to hang out with you guys at the Buschur Shootout in August. Thanks for the support!
Old Jun 10, 2008, 10:22 AM
fre
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by DragNRacing
I did bog the car a bit as I am not used to 1st running out as far as it does and hard to to tell where the tach really is when the tires are frying like they did.
I know what you are saying, I run street tires still, so I get spin pretty bad and there is absolutely no way to know where your revs are in 1st by the tach. You have to just time it in your head. If you hit the rev limiter and you know it is before it should, you just keep bouncing off it until you think you are up to speed. It takes a bit of practice and I still screw it up, but if you hit it just right you will maintain boost between gears.

Still a sweet *** time and mph though.
Old Jun 10, 2008, 10:34 AM
Evolved Member

Great to hear about your experience.

Your story of the Buschur crew lending a hand at the drag strip seems to be typical, I cannot commend Dave/the guys enough for how much they go out of their way to help out customers when they are REALLY in need.

It's one thing to build fast cars, it's another to actually care about the people who come to you for parts/service.

Thumbs up all around.

Scorke
Old Jun 10, 2008, 12:52 PM
Evolved Member

awesome vid...
Old Jun 11, 2008, 10:55 AM
Evolving Member

Nice work Trevor! 10.4 is very respectable, especially considering it's got more in it. AND it's a Road racing car! Bad ***. Too bad they went with a 9 second group, but i'm sure you had a lot of fun. Any idea when this is supposed to Air? Looking forward to checking it out. I'm sure they were pretty impressed with the Evo presence.

Also, David and the rest of the crew at Buschur Racing deserve a lot a respect. Both for the amazing work they do and also for the massive help they were to you! Great job guys!

PS, i'll be hitting you up when i'm back in the area to check out the Beastly Magnum!
Old Jun 11, 2008, 01:00 PM
Evolving Member

nice vid hopefully they show it on pinks
Old Jun 12, 2008, 05:43 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by goucho
Nice work Trevor! 10.4 is very respectable, especially considering it's got more in it. AND it's a Road racing car! Bad ***. Too bad they went with a 9 second group, but i'm sure you had a lot of fun. Any idea when this is supposed to Air? Looking forward to checking it out. I'm sure they were pretty impressed with the Evo presence.

Also, David and the rest of the crew at Buschur Racing deserve a lot a respect. Both for the amazing work they do and also for the massive help they were to you! Great job guys!

PS, i'll be hitting you up when i'm back in the area to check out the Beastly Magnum!
Thanks, definitely look me up when you come back

All I have heard so far is that it is supposed to air in August.
Old Jun 12, 2008, 10:49 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Nice vid, gives me something to shoot for everytime I see a Evo go 10's Plus you can't go wrong with Buschur Racing, that was a stand up move by Dave and I bet 95% of the teams out their would not of done that to get you fixed. It would of been all about them especially in front of 1000's of people. It speaks very highly for BR as a shop.
Old Jun 12, 2008, 12:10 PM
Evolved Member

Congrats! Sounds like a great time! Also kudos for all the help given by folks to keep you out there having a good time!

I also notice that you said the dyno was reading lower than it was? Whats up with that?

Also, are you going to have TT or track in car vids?
Old Jun 12, 2008, 05:02 PM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
Actually, this is what he said about the power:

"David quickly pointed out to me that the intake temps (it was hot as heck and muggy) where over 50 degrees higher than last year. So heat/humidity was definitely a factor. He also mentioned that the dyno seemed to possibly be reading a little lower now too."

Seeing as how I do not run my dyno with corrected numbers the weather plays a roll in the power a car makes.

Quick Reply: *VIDZ* - My Pinks All Out Experience - A road racing car goes drag racing.