Notices
Drag Racing Find out the best way to launch and see what kind of times other people are posting. No posting of street racing related stories!

David Buschur's RS goes 9.0, video, pictures and the products to do it.

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2008, 01:08 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Probably is a modified HTA3582 with the same 59.5mm comp wheel diameter and a bigger turbine wheel.
HTA3582 has 68mm turbine wheel and HTA88 has 74mm... so maybe the wheel is something between.... like 72mm
Old Oct 16, 2008, 01:09 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by EVO8_PR
I think he's talking about the T4Z HTA88
No thats not the turbo pretty sure this is a brand new hta3586 not 3588 (mispelled in my last post)

I think this hta3586 is a upgrade from the regular hta3582
Old Oct 16, 2008, 01:22 PM
Evolved Member

This is absolutely incredible and makes me want one really bad now. WTF you people keep creating stuff I can't afford. Congradulations btw!!
Old Oct 16, 2008, 01:32 PM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
I am talking about a brand new turbo that is just now being released, it is the HTA86, just like I said it was. The turbo is still based on a GT35r with a custom FP HTA86 wheel on the compressor side.

The car was running on slicks.

The mirrors are stock.

The turbo kit is going to be offered in a variety of different ways. Ideally I'd like to offer a complete turbo kit just like what is on my car. In order for us to do that the kit would include all of this:

Header, dump tube, Tial 44mm wastegate, 02 housing, downpipe, turbocharger, FMIC and radiator.

The kit is not able to be used with air conditioning but does work with the power steering. We are working on possibly making a smaller a/c condensor for the car to work with our small radiator. If we can do that then the kit would be able to be used with the a/c as it clears the a/c compressor.

The Race FMIC on my car has the inlet on the engine side, which makes for a very short/sweet lower i/c pipe.

This kit has been worked on from top to bottom over the last year. The FMIC design, the turbo kit etc. All of it works together and I'd like to keep it in a complete kit form.

To get some ideas out there on pricing, the basic turbo kit which is the header, dumptube, Tial 44 gate, downpipe, oil feed, oil return line and 02 housing is going to cost, $2495.

The turbo's that the kit can use will range in price from $1599 to $1799, those are complete T3 ball bearing turbos.

To duplicate the kit on my car exactly you will also need the Race FMIC, small radiator, slim line fan and the air filter. That will add an additional $1330.

The nice thing is there is a hell of a variety of turbos that can be used out there now.

Also, we will be making a carbon fiber plate to block off the inlet to the turbo for anyone who has to drive their car in the rain.
Old Oct 16, 2008, 01:35 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I hope nothing ever goes wrong with the car near the end of the track. This car is so blazing stupid fast and with no safety equipment it could be ugly. Keep that missile running straight!

Simple, and wickedly effective use of parts.
Old Oct 16, 2008, 01:38 PM
Former Sponsor

Here is Buschurs for sale thread on the FS635 turbo's.. Looks like only one left right now..
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...=1#post6240145
Old Oct 16, 2008, 01:38 PM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
Congrats on the runs, I bet you can just about taste that 8 second pass right about now.

Last edited by 03whitegsr; Oct 16, 2008 at 01:41 PM. Reason: David's post covered it
Old Oct 16, 2008, 01:43 PM
Account Disabled

nice runs. that is just rediculous
Old Oct 16, 2008, 01:44 PM
Evolved Member

WOw, that is nasty for a street car.
Old Oct 16, 2008, 01:58 PM
Former Sponsor

Hey guys,

Just want to fill in some gaps on the new 86HTA turbo.

It is most similar to the 82HTA turbo, but it has a larger 86mm wheel instead of the 82mm. Originally the 3582HTA was inteneded to displace the Garrett 35R by spooling faster and creating more peak power. It did this very well. The 82mm HTa wheel was a 59mm inlet, so it was actually smaller than the GT35R compressor wheel, this always confused people. They would ask "how is it bigger and smaller at the same time?". Well the HTA wheel aero is a very very effieceint and effective design, and per square mm of inlet area pretty much outflows anyhting that we have tested it against.

Fast forward to the present. Currently the 62mm inlet PTE turbo has been making waves, the 6262, GT850, 3562, 6235 and other random variants of it have shown to be able to slightly outflow our early 59mm HTA wheel on the top end when mass flow exceeds 70lb/min but suffer from increased lag over the 3582HTA. To answer this call we built a few prototypes of the GT3586HTA for Tom Powell and David Buschur to shake down for us to see how they would pan out. So far panning out pretty well. The 86mm HTA has a 62mm inlet just like the PTE wheel, so now we get to run them on equal footing instead of giving up 3mm of inlet diameter Standby, the best is yet to come! David and Tom are going to push the wall back pretty far.
Old Oct 16, 2008, 02:06 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by ForcedPerformance
Hey guys,

It is most similar to the 82HTA turbo, but it has a larger 86mm wheel instead of the 82mm. Originally the 3582HTA was inteneded to displace the Garrett 35R by spooling faster and creating more peak power. It did this very well. The 82mm HTa wheel was a 59mm inlet, so it was actually smaller than the GT35R compressor wheel, this always confused people. They would ask "how is it bigger and smaller at the same time?". Well the HTA wheel aero is a very very effieceint and effective design, and per square mm of inlet area pretty much outflows anyhting that we have tested it against.

Fast forward to the present. Currently the 62mm inlet PTE turbo has been making waves, the 6262, GT850, 3562, 6235 and other random variants of it have shown to be able to slightly outflow our early 59mm HTA wheel on the top end when mass flow exceeds 70lb/min but suffer from increased lag over the 3582HTA. To answer this call we built a few prototypes of the GT3586HTA for Tom Powell and David Buschur to shake down for us to see how they would pan out. So far panning out pretty well. The 86mm HTA has a 62mm inlet just like the PTE wheel, so now we get to run them on equal footing instead of giving up 3mm of inlet diameter Standby, the best is yet to come! David and Tom are going to push the wall back pretty far.

I am planning to kick it with the new HTA86 next week on my 10 second STI also

I have outgrown the Gt35 and need more ***** !

Boost on indeed !

Al
Old Oct 16, 2008, 02:07 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey guys,

What a post

Can we say turbo wars lol.

Can we expect anything else w/ SEMA coming up seems like you guys never stop putting out new parts w/ more and more advanced technology

GOOD STUFF!
Old Oct 16, 2008, 02:11 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My wife is the unknown factor for ME. It brings a whole new meaning to being pushed to the limit. Believe me. Nah, she just wants to see me, what can I say?
Old Oct 16, 2008, 02:11 PM
Account Disabled

U did more then answer the call, u made some of those other turbos go straight to voicemail lol Props 2 FP for makin some bad *** turbos, David and Tom for sharing the info, testing and doin some sick times with these turbos

Hey guys,

Old Oct 16, 2008, 02:17 PM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
The records I set should fall tomorrow night from the sharp edged sword of 9sec9's car. We are taking only one car tomorrow, it's 9sec9's last night in town and I am going to give his car my absolute full attention.

As much as I'd like to be the first to break the 8's between the two of us I don't think it will happen for me, not with his car running tomorrow. Tom (9sec9) and I have become very good friends over the last few weeks and I honestly could care less if he goes 8's before I do. As I told him earlier today, I will standing on that starting line jumping up and down and screaming with him tomorrow. We need to put the cherry on top of this ice cream sundae!!

Great job to all involved in my car and Tom's. Indy EVO, Robert at FP, all the guys at our shop, PTE, Ron Shearer etc. Good luck to us all again tomorrow night.

Quick Reply: David Buschur's RS goes 9.0, video, pictures and the products to do it.