Notices
Drag Racing Find out the best way to launch and see what kind of times other people are posting. No posting of street racing related stories!

David Buschur's RS goes 9.0, video, pictures and the products to do it.

Old Aug 17, 2009, 01:22 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by warp9
The Bad Bish is legendary, one of my fav evos for sure. I seen the pump gas monster you sold to ICS Dave and it was stuck in the high 11's yesterday at E-Town. Not sure what the problem was.
dave didnt sell it to him!! the guy that was driving that car wasnt a driver and he was just testing it and it only had street tires AL need to take that car for a test and tune dats what it needs and a better driver as well
Old Aug 17, 2009, 05:04 PM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
crcain, I am running the biggest turbo I personally consider acceptable for street use, the HTA86 from FP, awesome turbo on the street when it comes to HP vs. spool up.

warp9, I'd like to clarify something. The car with the carbon fiber doors that ICS has now was ONCE built by us for Pete R. He sold the car to George at ICS. The car was atleast 200 pounds lighter than my own Bad Bish and made the same power when it was sold to George. Since then the car has gone through many changes, it doesn't have one of our engines in it, head has been re-worked and the car has been re-tuned. With that said, don't hold me responsible for it running 11's.
Old Aug 17, 2009, 05:10 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by davidbuschur
crcain, I am running the biggest turbo I personally consider acceptable for street use, the HTA86 from FP, awesome turbo on the street when it comes to HP vs. spool up.

warp9, I'd like to clarify something. The car with the carbon fiber doors that ICS has now was ONCE built by us for Pete R. He sold the car to George at ICS. The car was atleast 200 pounds lighter than my own Bad Bish and made the same power when it was sold to George. Since then the car has gone through many changes, it doesn't have one of our engines in it, head has been re-worked and the car has been re-tuned. With that said, don't hold me responsible for it running 11's.
well said dave
Old Aug 17, 2009, 05:14 PM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
Update on the Bad Bish.

Today we pulled the car in. I washed the undercarriage off from all the oil from the catch can mess earlier this year. Put on the new Enkei NT03+M wheels I bought for it along with a new set of 245-40-18 Mickey Thompson DR's. I pulled the last three logs out of the car that I never bothered to look at while I was at the track. It was hot, did I mention it was HOT? Kevin made 3 passes in about 25 minutes with no fans or attempt to cool the car off. The hood was actually closed most of the time other than to take a quick peak. The last run was a 9.13 and the coolant temps got up to 213 degrees and the intake temps hit 142! Holy crap is that hot. I was completely blown away. There was just no cool down and with the pit speed limit at 5 mph no way to cool the AIT's/coolant back down to reasonable levels. Each run the AIT's were a little hotter. After looking at the logs I am 100% confident the next normal tempurature day the car hits the track, it's going 8's.

Also, I made some suspension changes after speaking with Mike earlier in the year about his D2's and doing some reading. The car ran two 1.43's and a 1.44 at the end of the day but in my opinion we have taken away too much bite out of the front tires, it's basically was leaving on the rear tires only. I'm happy with the Apexi N1's and want to work on that set up as I believe in it and we have sold a lot of them to customers. I don't want to just jump over to the D2's, which I have bought from Mike at AWD Motorsports. I'd rather make what we've sold work so I can give recommendations to the customers who supported us and bought them.

Also pulled the oil filter on the car and cut it open to inspect for any bearing material on the new engine. It was one of the cleanest filters I've ever seen. Just put a new one on it and skipped the oil change.

Now for some serious street miles, starting tomorrow.

I am also going to be getting a dual pass radiator for the car as soon as CBRD can get one built for me.........................I'm waiting Chad.......
Old Aug 17, 2009, 05:29 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by davidbuschur

Lol. I def wasnt saying that you had anything to do with it having problems or if it had your parts still in it. My thought was quite the opposite... I just wanted to mention that I finally seen it at a track.
Old Aug 17, 2009, 06:39 PM

nice work.. !!!
Old Aug 17, 2009, 06:42 PM
Account Disabled

Lol. I def wasnt saying that you had anything to do with it having problems or if it had your parts still in it. My thought was quite the opposite... I just wanted to mention that I finally seen it at a track.
Max, I find your tone regretably negative and petty.

First off, I certainly did not support Geprge's last minute decision to attend the NJ event as owning such a nice Buschur built car he should have come to Ohio or stayed home.

Be that as it may, the car has no saftey equipment and Lego (the guy driving the car) had never driven such a fast car before. George and Lego simply wanted to show off the car and visit with some if our customers at the event and also get some practice and feel fir how the car would run at a track. Thus was the first time this car has been on a track. As the NHRA rules limit the car to a 11.49 and 135 mph - Lego was hitting the breaks and lifting at 130 mph to avoid getting booted from the event.

Also he told me he was working to get used to driving such a fast car. It's a shame that negative haters always try and twist what others are doing and try to make people look and feel bad.

Btw. The Bad Bish is certainly a really nice looking Evo and if you feel you have something for it on State street I would be happy to line you up anytime. (the car remains undefeated). Honestly my race Evo which ran a consistant 9.7 all weekend in Ohio would probably loose to the lighter and more powerful Bish.

Al
Old Aug 17, 2009, 07:09 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by DynoFlash
Max, I find your tone regretably negative and petty.

First off, I certainly did not support Geprge's last minute decision to attend the NJ event as owning such a nice Buschur built car he should have come to Ohio or stayed home.

Be that as it may, the car has no saftey equipment and Lego (the guy driving the car) had never driven such a fast car before. George and Lego simply wanted to show off the car and visit with some if our customers at the event and also get some practice and feel fir how the car would run at a track. Thus was the first time this car has been on a track. As the NHRA rules limit the car to a 11.49 and 135 mph - Lego was hitting the breaks and lifting at 130 mph to avoid getting booted from the event.

Also he told me he was working to get used to driving such a fast car. It's a shame that negative haters always try and twist what others are doing and try to make people look and feel bad.

Btw. The Bad Bish is certainly a really nice looking Evo and if you feel you have something for it on State street I would be happy to line you up anytime. (the car remains undefeated). Honestly my race Evo which ran a consistant 9.7 all weekend in Ohio would probably loose to the lighter and more powerful Bish.

Al
Actually Al, its you who are making it out to be more than it is. I simply stated that the car wasnt making solid passes for whatever reason. I was there and actually spoke with Lego, he mentioned 2nd gear giving him a probelm as well. He NEVER mentioned letting off since he had no good launch requiring him to let off. It did make nice power once he got it going. Your being defensive for no reason as I meant no ill will. I actually have mostly BR parts in my car and have spent plenty of money at ICS, so lighten up
Old Aug 17, 2009, 09:57 PM
Account Disabled

Actually Al, its you who are making it out to be more than it is. I simply stated that the car wasnt making solid passes for whatever reason. I was there and actually spoke with Lego, he mentioned 2nd gear giving him a probelm as well. He NEVER mentioned letting off since he had no good launch requiring him to let off. It did make nice power once he got it going. Your being defensive for no reason as I meant no ill will. I actually have mostly BR parts in my car and have spent plenty of money at ICS, so lighten up
No worries Max. I just don't want to see anyone make fun of Lego's driving. He is a good and hard working guy and he was doing the best he could to represent the car as well as he could without breaking anything. Hopefully with the car now having appeared at a track George will be motivated to take action and get his butt behind the wheel and put the car into the 9's.

I know that I would personall sure love to own a genuine Buschur built car. Its just a real shame that this one wound up in the hands of someone who has nearly zero interest of taking it to a race track.

Al
Old Aug 18, 2009, 07:24 AM
Evolved Member

Dave, glad to see your car ran GREAT! Sorry that I couldnt make it to the race. I had some things come up with work and my truck and just couldnt pull it off Cant wait to get my engine back and into the car from the way it sounds! It should be AMAZING!