Notices
Drag Racing Find out the best way to launch and see what kind of times other people are posting. No posting of street racing related stories!

David Buschur's RS goes 9.0, video, pictures and the products to do it.

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2008, 11:49 AM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
David Buschur's RS goes 9.0, video, pictures and the products to do it.

What an absolutely crazy few weeks here at Buschur Racing. It's been nuts!!

Just a few weeks ago we ran 9.7 at 144 on pump gas with my RS and a 9.1 at 154 on race gas. I was amazed then and I still am amazed at that performance.

The car at that time had a completely custom turbo kit on it that I built. The header placed the turbo down low in the front of the car. I was running the FS635 turbo kit on the car at the time on that custom header.

I wanted to build a new turbo kit for the car. Something that I was happy running with a "custom look" but could still offer to our customers too.

I contacted Ron Shearer from Shearer Fabrications and we teamed up with my ideas, his talent and spent a long Saturday at our shop building one bad *** turbo kit. This turbo kit is only available through Buschur Racing and not directly from Shearer Fabrications.

Robert from Forced Performance was also hot to get a turbo back on my car and sent over a new HTA turbo for me to try. The new turbo is an HTA86 compared to the HTA82 we are all familar with.

I spent some time on the dyno with the car to get the new combination dialed in. The power the car is making should be illegal! At 41 psi of boost in 3rd gear on our dyno the car put down 684 whp and 553 ft lbs of torque!

I dyno'd the car right after running the previous 9.1 at 154 and it made 658 whp and 528 ft lbs.

Here are some pictures of the new turbo kit we are releasing immediately:

The kit will come as pictured and we can get into more details as this thread develops, if you have questions just ask and I will fill in more details in a later post here.

9sec9 has been here and we have been working hard on his car the last few weeks too. His goal was to beat the stock appearing turbo record while he was here and after that to move onto a larger turbo. He is sponsored by Forced Performance but we could not get a turbo fast enough so we took my FS635 and installed it on his car. On his 1st full pass with that turbo on his car Monday it ran a 9.20 at 157 mph.

Monday the 13th, we both went to Norwalk for some drag strip testing.

Other than the initial dyno testing to put the kit and new turbo on I didn't have a lot of time with my car the last few weeks. My thoughts of running 8's were not really in my head much as I felt as though I hadn't put the work into the car that I needed too. Little did I know it would be so close and still yet so far from being accomplished.

We made 11 passes with my RS, Kevin Lawson at the wheel. The track in the morning was covered in dew and it was cold. As the day progressed the car got faster until eventually the traction again went away from lack of track prep and a lot of cars running. We had a best 60' time of 1.40 when the car ran the 9.11. The best 60' we could manage was a single 1.426 and the rest were high 1.40's. The car didn't let me down and neither did Kevin. We ran a best of 9.04 at 159.64 mph and another back up run of 9.09 at 157.67 mph! Needless to say I feel the 8's are right there for this real deal street EVO.

As you will see below in the video the car is complete. Jarrod is even riding in the back seat rolling the windows up and down to quiet some recent people saying the doors were gutted and the windows don't operate.

I also really want to point out that the parts that power my EVO are standard parts off our shelves here at Buschur Racing. I don't tell you, as potential customers, that our parts kick butt only to turn around and run other parts. When I say I feel our Race FMIC is the best you can buy I don't put a liquid to air intercooler on my own car. I don't tell you our ignition is the best and then use another race box on my own car. We design it, we build it, we test it and then we run it on our own cars.

Here is another Lumberjack Production from Jarrod here at the shop. Enjoy the video!!

*BAD BISH VIDEO*

Last edited by David Buschur; Oct 20, 2008 at 12:59 PM.
Old Oct 16, 2008, 11:53 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
that is a phenomenal time and the header is a work of art!

Last edited by JeffMas1587; Oct 16, 2008 at 11:59 AM.
Old Oct 16, 2008, 11:59 AM
Evolving Member

Great
Old Oct 16, 2008, 12:01 PM
Evolving Member

holy moses.... nice work
Old Oct 16, 2008, 12:02 PM
Account Disabled

so how much is the new BR front facing turbo kit going to cost?....and im guessing stock radiator most likely wont work?
Old Oct 16, 2008, 12:03 PM
Account Disabled

This Machine is insane, seein the Beast twist from side 2 side down the track is pure art

This new turbo comin real close to the HTA37r numbers on ur black car
Old Oct 16, 2008, 12:05 PM
Former Sponsor

Wow, 154 to 159mph is a very nice power jump for sure! Guess we better put some extra fertilizer on the HTA tree out back.
Old Oct 16, 2008, 12:08 PM
Evolved Member

...we don't use ice here... I know what that means. The word will get out on that one. Awesome vid. Nice way to cap it off with the shot
Old Oct 16, 2008, 12:15 PM
Evolving Member

thank you david....this will be my manifold setup....turbo not yet cause by spring maybe something else will be out.... That car is a real beast she realy like to dance going down the track...im so happy i have that motor and head setup and my car will also have magic daves tuning in to...dave go get those 8s
Old Oct 16, 2008, 12:16 PM
Account Disabled

Great accomplishment yet again guys! Just amazing what you're doing with that car! Also, good point about using the parts that are sold to your clients... very cool indeed.

You'll get your 8.xx... I know you won't be satisfied until you do.

Caleb
Old Oct 16, 2008, 12:16 PM
Evolving Member

great work as usual from the master.....David, i hope you will be ready to build me on next year!

Last edited by BigBadQuattro; Oct 16, 2008 at 12:19 PM.
Old Oct 16, 2008, 12:18 PM
Evolved Member

once your evo is in the 8s....thats going to be epic
Old Oct 16, 2008, 12:20 PM
Account Disabled

The Master has spoken - now it is time for the rest to copy and play catch up as usual

Buschur Racing = results not promises
Old Oct 16, 2008, 12:22 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Now that the cat just ran out of the bag, I don't mind being 2nd to run this turbo! It's on the car and being completed early in the morning. If everything goes really well, we'll have dyno and track results tomorrow. That's asking a lot, but there's always something to be done.

Following in the aftermath of David's 9.0 passes is an honor and thrill. We've become such good friends that neither one of us wants to be in the 8's first before the other. Ideally, we would both go 8's at the same time, same run. Can't wait for ONE OF US to do it. I really hope it's David on the track and me on the dyno.
Old Oct 16, 2008, 12:23 PM
Evolving Member

Congrats!

Quick Reply: David Buschur's RS goes 9.0, video, pictures and the products to do it.