Notices
Drag Racing Find out the best way to launch and see what kind of times other people are posting. No posting of street racing related stories!

"junk box" 9.17@156.52 39psi

Old Aug 3, 2011, 11:19 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by PATRICK B.
Count me in on being another interested person.....i've followed your 5spd to auto swap on your Mirage and have the thread bookmarked as i have a 2G DSM sitting in the shop that i may still build into an auto drag car but i'm not quite yet done with the Evo

I know Dave Buschur looked into the auto from the Evo7 a couple years back but with importing it the cost wasn't worth it.

I must say i do like rowing through the gears in the Evo so i guess it would depend upon how much it ended up beinf compared to a prep'd dogbox.

Haven't looked into it much but could you control the shifting with an aftermarket EMS

Anyway sorry for the slight OT!

GL Joey on the outting coming up i hope the trans gremlins stay home
Thanks Pat! I sure hope trans gremlins stay away. Ill keep everyone posted on how it goes!.
Old Aug 3, 2011, 12:58 PM
Evolved Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by evodan2004
Auto Evo and still Awd? Count me in. I been bugging a few people on how to do it and locating the parts. What do you guys have in mind?
I don't know about you fast guys but having a auto takes the fun out of it.

I love banging gears

Last edited by s.e.a.n.; Aug 3, 2011 at 01:01 PM.
Old Aug 3, 2011, 01:03 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by s.e.a.n.
I don't know about you fast guys but having a auto takes the fun out of it.

I love banging gears
Im right there with you man. Thats why i said i dont know if i could go to a Auto. Theres nothing like launching and banging gears in a Evo
Old Aug 3, 2011, 01:48 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
It does take some of the fun out of it. But if the auto can hold up to the abuse it will go threw then its worth it for the guys who are sick of replacing clutches and trans parts on a daily basis.

I want auto. Haha
Old Aug 3, 2011, 03:05 PM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
whats up joe, hope you guys do well tomorrow night! i'll be working its good to see you iron out things before the shootout. and as far as all this crap about autotrans,please!! i know you would never go that route besides i seen you drive many times and i would say with fresh syncros and clutch that is auto i remember devin going thru this very thing before the dogbox, but he ran his 8sec pass before the dogbox! anywhoo car is looking unbelievable.
Old Aug 3, 2011, 07:51 PM
Evolved Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
I wont be able to make it tomorrow either. If the weather is like tonight it should be perfect. Good luck tomorrow
Old Aug 3, 2011, 09:29 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by evodan2004
It does take some of the fun out of it. But if the auto can hold up to the abuse it will go threw then its worth it for the guys who are sick of replacing clutches and trans parts on a daily basis.

I want auto. Haha
I can agreee with that man. Its a pain to go through clutches and trans all the time. Auto Evo would be something different though. I guess will wait and see lol

Originally Posted by marrrk
whats up joe, hope you guys do well tomorrow night! i'll be working its good to see you iron out things before the shootout. and as far as all this crap about autotrans,please!! i know you would never go that route besides i seen you drive many times and i would say with fresh syncros and clutch that is auto i remember devin going thru this very thing before the dogbox, but he ran his 8sec pass before the dogbox! anywhoo car is looking unbelievable.
Whats up Mark! Its been awhile. No worries im still going to shift the Junk Box. Auto Evo will come down the road if its even a possibility. I would like to see the difference though A 8 sec pass in the Junk Box is possible, i just need to let it happen and not try so hard. It will come and hopefully can get close tomorrow. Ill keep everyone updated. Hope to see you out soon Mark before the season ends. Hows the Evo doing!?

Originally Posted by wizzo 8
I wont be able to make it tomorrow either. If the weather is like tonight it should be perfect. Good luck tomorrow
Thanks Dude! Ill keep ya updated on how it goes. Weather wise will be perfect. I just hope the track conditions good also.