Notices
Drag Racing Find out the best way to launch and see what kind of times other people are posting. No posting of street racing related stories!

9.29 @ 152 mph - 64/66 Turbocharger- Street Car

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30, 2012, 10:07 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by dtrackstar
stripped interior, 1 seat, no mirrors - don't make it a street car. Regardless adding those stuff in, it's still easily a sub 9.5 car, which is pretty impressive
We put the seats and the mirrors all back in after the track day. He drove the car alot on the street, including two and from work.

If you dont consider it a street car, thats fine with me.

If the car made some passes @ full power, we would have gottin it into the 8's, we just never got a chance.

Devin
Old Dec 31, 2012, 09:22 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Boostin doing great work like always!
Old Dec 31, 2012, 05:46 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Props on the video, hopefully some more in the near future. Car is super clean as well.
Old Jan 5, 2013, 01:03 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
the times are impressive yes. but it is not a street car when its gutted to go to the track and then put back to ''street'' trim.

IMO a street car drives to the track and races in the same trim he drives to the store to buy eggs. i wouldn't call this car a street car. but like you said we all have our own opinions.
Old Jan 5, 2013, 01:24 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by evodan2004
the times are impressive yes. but it is not a street car when its gutted to go to the track and then put back to ''street'' trim.

IMO a street car drives to the track and races in the same trim he drives to the store to buy eggs. i wouldn't call this car a street car. but like you said we all have our own opinions.
i halfway agree with you. The mirrors coming off just seems weird to me, you need them to drive a car on the road. But at the same time, if you don't have a babyseat or more than 1 passenger, back seats aren't needed, and I would consider a car with no rear seats or spare tire to be a street car. And taking teh back seats out makes it a lot easier to fit a set of wheels/tires, plus tools, in the car for use at the track.
Old Jan 5, 2013, 02:22 PM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
if you can drive by a cop and not get pulled over than its a street car, lol. i see a plate on the back of it, so its a street car. everybodys got their own opinion, how bout the 7sec street car series with all those cars that compete, they drive from track to track running 7s?. and dan i don't think you go pick up eggs with your slicks on do you?
Old Jan 5, 2013, 03:33 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by AreSTG
i halfway agree with you. The mirrors coming off just seems weird to me, you need them to drive a car on the road. But at the same time, if you don't have a babyseat or more than 1 passenger, back seats aren't needed, and I would consider a car with no rear seats or spare tire to be a street car. And taking teh back seats out makes it a lot easier to fit a set of wheels/tires, plus tools, in the car for use at the track.
A street car drives to the track. A street car has all seats. That has been a cardinal rule since the model A lol. Mirrors yea a must along with wipers and what not. I noticed this car has no heat either so that tells me under the dash is completely gutted. Fast car yes. Def no street car.

Originally Posted by marrrk
if you can drive by a cop and not get pulled over than its a street car, lol. i see a plate on the back of it, so its a street car. everybodys got their own opinion, how bout the 7sec street car series with all those cars that compete, they drive from track to track running 7s?. and dan i don't think you go pick up eggs with your slicks on do you?
Passing a cop with a stock EVO is an issue. Haha

Actually watch any of my vids. I drive the car daily with the Hoosiers on it. I remove nothing. How my car is at the track is the same way it is on the street 100%. Yes I even get eggs in it. They come home scrambled though.

We all have are own definition of a street car so let's not argue over it. This is there thread.
Old Jan 5, 2013, 04:33 PM
Evolving Member

evodan, dude, i read alot of your stuff the last couple years and loved everything. now i know your crazier than i thought yea i,m just hanging out in this ****ty weather bustting ***** lastly keep in mind that on top of it all this car had one giant driver mod
Old Jan 5, 2013, 04:59 PM
Evolved Member

evodan, dude, i read alot of your stuff the last couple years and loved everything. now i know your crazier than i thought yea i,m just hanging out in this ****ty weather bustting ***** lastly keep in mind that on top of it all this car had one giant driver mod
Yea I am crazy. Maybe some would say my car is not a street car. And just like boostin said I really don't care. It's my car and my opinion on it being a street car or not. I would go ahead and say my car is way more street then this one.

The driver sure can drive Damn good. I can't drive and we all know that. I love everything about this car. But it is not a street car imo.
Old Jan 5, 2013, 06:31 PM
Evolved Member

I'll have to make a new thread when my ff 6466 full interior streetcar hits the track.
Old Jan 5, 2013, 06:53 PM
Evolving Member

i really look foward to seeing Mr Boost this spring, although its gonna be tough, your gonna be flying whats up jason happy new years bud
Old Jan 5, 2013, 07:00 PM
Evolved Member

i really look foward to seeing Mr Boost this spring, although its gonna be tough, your gonna be flying whats up jason happy new years bud
I'm anxious to be getting out after 2yrs, its long overdue. The first track day will take a few shakedown passes to get used to the newfound power, but after that I should be banging gears. Might be a little difficult since the first trackday will be in Texas for 2k13 but I'm looking forward to it. Come early spring Mark we should have a locals trackday!
Old Jan 5, 2013, 07:17 PM
Evolving Member

sounds kool, g/l in texas, from what i've seen its pretty crazy. get some good vids, MrBoost in action, that cars come a long way ray, g/l.
Old Jan 19, 2013, 10:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nice ride either way with or without rear defrost
Still a street car to me if it drives to work.
Old Jan 19, 2013, 10:59 AM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Props, that one fast ****!

Quick Reply: 9.29 @ 152 mph - 64/66 Turbocharger- Street Car