Notices
Drag Racing Find out the best way to launch and see what kind of times other people are posting. No posting of street racing related stories!

Top 20 Fastest/Quickest Stock Appearing Turbos for 2013!

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18, 2013, 09:12 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 06MREvo
With deleting the ACD junk, you probably dropped another 30lbs+ from the car. In the Shootout thread, the ESA rules don't say anything about aero mods, so I guess you would have to ask Mr. Buschur. If aero mods are allowed, front bumper covers would be nice + at least a rear under tray for the air getting stuck in the rear bumper. I'm not sure about you, but I definitely do not want to take a hole saw to my rear bumper. Titanium is stupid expensive, I would just go with a 3.5" aluminum exhaust. I have a 3" aluminum exhaust sitting in the garage as we speak, will be installed on my RS this winter...
if I had never heard an aluminum exhaust I'd be right there with you. From what I've heard I hate the sound so much I can't do it. Everything else I can have in aluminum though I want it lol.

but the 2014 modifications will be limited. I have a new project we're working on for next year that'll take a lot of time and energy
Old Nov 20, 2013, 07:49 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm not sure about you, but I definitely do not want to take a hole saw to my rear bumper.
I'm that guy. Me and the guys measured it all up and went to cutting. Put 3 x 3" holes on each side with little holes around the license plate. To our surprise, it doesn't look bad.
Old Nov 20, 2013, 07:56 AM
Evolving Member

Dag Nabit!!

And AreSTG, you had to do it!! Again I find myself staring at your taillights. Well you definitely deserve it. You have been my motivator on this Spec-Ops team to go faster and faster. Already got some big plans for my return and hopefully can join you in the 9 sec club next year.

Old Nov 20, 2013, 08:04 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by TheKidd113
And AreSTG, you had to do it!! Again I find myself staring at your taillights. Well you definitely deserve it. You have been my motivator on this Spec-Ops team to go faster and faster. Already got some big plans for my return and hopefully can join you in the 9 sec club next year.

you definitely will! The motivation goes both ways.

Get home safe, see you in 2014
Old Dec 15, 2013, 12:09 PM

Took the car out to Bakersfield yesterday to test out smaller slicks and a few areo mods I made to the car. Pretty happy with the results. I wasn't able to go any faster on ET but I gained alot on mph. I know the FP Zero went 151.xx and set a new mph record for stock framed turbos but I dont know if i beat him with a 151.78? We will need him to post a copy of his slip to confirm. I got one more test n tune session on the 28th to try and go faster on the ET. Now for the pics.

Last edited by flyin_banana; Dec 15, 2013 at 12:20 PM.
Old Dec 15, 2013, 01:24 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
^^^Nice job sir!! I'll try & find out what the FP Zero car ran, mph wise. Also, when did you switch to a ToxicFab manifold?
Old Dec 15, 2013, 02:28 PM

I picked it up from a good friend awhile ago.
Old Dec 15, 2013, 03:16 PM

Nice ET and MPH flyin_banana. Have you ever had vortex generators on your car. Could assist in reducing drag and filling the wake?
Old Dec 16, 2013, 06:08 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by flyin_banana
I picked it up from a good friend awhile ago.
Good stuff. Do you by chance know the race weight for your car?

Also, are those hinge style air flaps on the rear bumper? They open up while you're going down the track??
Old Dec 16, 2013, 11:00 AM

Good stuff. Do you by chance know the race weight for your car?

Also, are those hinge style air flaps on the rear bumper? They open up while you're going down the track??
My guess is 2800 with driver. Never got a chance to weigh it. Those are hinged flaps in the bumper. They open up a bit going down the track. I went with those cause I didn't like the look of drilling holes into the bumper.
I tried looking for the FP Zero times lips but couldn't find it anywhere. I thought everyone needed to post a pic of their timeslip to make it on the list?
Old Dec 16, 2013, 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by wrx2evoIX
Nice ET and MPH flyin_banana. Have you ever had vortex generators on your car. Could assist in reducing drag and filling the wake?
I never had one on the car. I don't know if it will help or hurt since I have an aluminum wing already.
Old Dec 16, 2013, 03:24 PM
Evolving Member

Dave is a good friend of mine, I have a picture of his timeslip somewhere. You have the fastest mph he went 151.77 on his first pass without a 2 step, I think it was only a 10.5-10.6 pass rolling out. Every pass after that we tried a new fuel on but had to lower boost due to it maxing the system out. I know he was hoping to get the car out for a few more passes before the end of the year should be a race to the finish! Where are you racing at? It's snowing where we are and well have to make a long drive to warmer weather.

Congrats on the pass
Old Dec 16, 2013, 03:38 PM
Evolving Member

This was his first pass on the new set up, we relaized we forgot the speed sensor harness and had no two step so he rolled it out, after that we had the two step working but they closed the track down to 1/8 mile only due to high winds. By the end of the day he was going 6.2 around 121-122mph in the 1/8th.

Here is our only decent pass at MIR on 33psi due to the fuel change, we couldn't raise the boost any higher. How much boost are you running on that 35r?
Old Dec 16, 2013, 09:10 PM

My local track was closed that day so we went to Bakersfield which was 250 miles away. We usually go to Sacramento raceway to do testing. Sacramento's track is open all year round unless it's raining. I see 39 psi going down the track.
Old Dec 17, 2013, 07:09 AM
Evolving Member

Ya I'm sure well have to travel 5+ hours away to get an open track. I wish we had 26's and a 4.11 final. Congrats again can't wait to see how the last few weeks play out.

Quick Reply: Top 20 Fastest/Quickest Stock Appearing Turbos for 2013!