Notices
Drag Racing Find out the best way to launch and see what kind of times other people are posting. No posting of street racing related stories!

2014 East Coast Shootout | All Mitsubishi Turbo Event

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2014, 08:26 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
See you guys there. I plan to run in the street class as well
Old Jan 10, 2014, 03:01 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 5LEEPERISAH23I
Cecil is my local track, I've ran 10 second passes at least 6 times in a row on a test and tune didn't even get a warning once and that was a test and tune. So with that being said you might be ok.

Scott I better see you there!
I understand. A car running 10's vs bottom 9's at over 160 mph is a huge difference. It is about a 7 hour haul each way so we shall see. Not sure if I want to chance it and waste all the expenses to get the boot. I'd compete in the Street 16 class as well if I do attend.

With the changes being made to the car this year I hope to finally get that 8 second pass I want. I learned a lot from last year and hope to have a solid year of racing.

Last edited by StreetThisEvo; Jan 10, 2014 at 03:11 AM.
Old Jan 10, 2014, 04:59 AM
Evolved Member

Received 40 Likes on 29 Posts
Originally Posted by 5LEEPERISAH23I
Cecil is my local track, I've ran 10 second passes at least 6 times in a row on a test and tune didn't even get a warning once and that was a test and tune. So with that being said you might be ok.

Scott I better see you there!
I might come, we will see. It's a bit far but on the other hand my car is legal. That whole event could be a bust though if they are strict and kick people out for going a tenth faster than the legal limit lol.
Old Jan 10, 2014, 07:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cecil is a good track and there have been many fast cars at test and tune nights where the safety equipment was absent and still let them run. Some nights they are on point and will give people warnings lol. Not sure how they are with private events like this but either way the owner and staff are great people!
Old Jan 10, 2014, 11:49 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by StreetThisEvo
I understand. A car running 10's vs bottom 9's at over 160 mph is a huge difference. It is about a 7 hour haul each way so we shall see. Not sure if I want to chance it and waste all the expenses to get the boot. I'd compete in the Street 16 class as well if I do attend.

With the changes being made to the car this year I hope to finally get that 8 second pass I want. I learned a lot from last year and hope to have a solid year of racing.

Yea I see where your coming from and yes that is a huge difference running a 9 compared to a 10. Ill be putting in my 6466 this month. Ill take it to cecil 1-2 times before then event ill keep you posted on what they do when I run a 9 sec pass.

Originally Posted by badev0
I might come, we will see. It's a bit far but on the other hand my car is legal. That whole event could be a bust though if they are strict and kick people out for going a tenth faster than the legal limit lol.

They are not going to be that strict 1 tenth faster I no that.
Old Jan 10, 2014, 12:10 PM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
So no cage and no 9's? I think this needs verified for sure, sounds like it has been. IF so we may make it but only with the 1g and that will suck.
Old Jan 10, 2014, 04:16 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by David Buschur
So no cage and no 9's? I think this needs verified for sure, sounds like it has been. IF so we may make it but only with the 1g and that will suck.
David, i'll talk to the track owner again but he won't come out and say it's ok. I have seen cars in the 9s w/ no cage there before but on that same note i've seen cars in the 9s w/ no cage given the boot. I'll update when I talk to him Monday.

We'd love to see both of your cars there.
Old Jan 11, 2014, 12:12 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
A lot of it depends on how the car is running. A car going down the track straight and true will get much less attention than a car that is getting out of shape and looks like a possible safety hazzard. If you are going down the track sideways expectations are to be up to snuff on safety.
Old Jan 11, 2014, 04:33 AM
Evolving Member

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts
Cecil is only forty minutes from me and I have made several hundred passes at Cecil on motorcycles. They are very strict when it comes to NHRA rules. If you ran below ten seconds on a motorcycle, they made sure you had a NHRA license or you were not allowed to run again.

Don
Old Jan 11, 2014, 07:41 PM

Does anyone know what the track rules are for cars in the 9's
Old Jan 12, 2014, 07:56 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ohhthreEvo907
Does anyone know what the track rules are for cars in the 9's
I think 95% of the posts in here are about that.

Originally Posted by StreetThisEvo
I spoke with the guy who sets up the event and was told any car running 9's or faster without a cage would most likely get the boot.
Originally Posted by 11secDSM
The safety rules are out of our hands unfortunately. The track, Cecil County Dragway, is solely responsible for enforcing and NHRA safety regulations. A car running in the 9s will most likely catch the eye of a track official. What they'll do is up to them. Hope to see all of you guys there!
Originally Posted by hamx0r
This is my ongoing battle, I can't go anywhere besides track rentals now. I really don't want to cage my car because I drive it a lot and getting out of a 10 point cage everyday will make me lose the appeal for it. And the car went 9.5 on just test passes on moderate boost. There is still room to make more power once I put a 4.11 final drive in the car so I stop topping out 4th gear at the 1000' mark. I just find it weird that if the class is called true street then a fast street car should not have to abide by NHRA rules. I guess I might take the chance. It's only 2 hours from me. We'll see once the date becomes closer. Rant over. Sorry.
NHRA regs are NHRA regs. If you're worried about getting the boot, you got to get the car up to safety standards. Even putting a 6 point in the car will help your cause. The majority of cars at the event will not have an issue. I'm not a fan of caging a street car, but we do it all the time. Part of the game.
David, i'll talk to the track owner again but he won't come out and say it's ok. I have seen cars in the 9s w/ no cage there before but on that same note i've seen cars in the 9s w/ no cage given the boot. I'll update when I talk to him Monday.

We'd love to see both of your cars there.
Old Jan 13, 2014, 03:18 PM
Evolved Member

just checked the website out. good stuff!
Old Jan 13, 2014, 05:07 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 67 Likes on 59 Posts
It does look like it will be a very good event. I didn't see it until my friend Steve showed it to me.

Its being well promoted as far as web design / graphics / and in general the way its being done.

I don't think Officials are going to do anything to affect the event in any way unless the car looks unsafe going down the track.

I wanted to help by sponsoring it, but there seems to be a conflict of interest with other sponsors in my area. (Which I fully understand)

If you guys change your mind, I would be happy to help sponsor the event. I am 45min away from that drag strip.
Old Jan 14, 2014, 09:11 AM
Former Sponsor

As I understand it, NHRA rules apply to NHRA events. When you rent a track the rules tend to be "softened" up a bit. The official's are awesome at Buschur's event, and would only hope there is a touch of leniency at this event. Hope to meet some of you for the first time and looking forward to meeting up with old friends.
Old Jan 14, 2014, 02:00 PM
Evolving Member

Awww $hit time to wake up my 1g!!!

Quick Reply: 2014 East Coast Shootout | All Mitsubishi Turbo Event