Notices
Drag Racing Find out the best way to launch and see what kind of times other people are posting. No posting of street racing related stories!

2014 East Coast Shootout | All Mitsubishi Turbo Event

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2014, 04:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2014 East Coast Shootout | All Mitsubishi Turbo Event presented by King Mitsubishi

2014 East Coast Shootout | All Mitsubishi Turbo Event presented by King Mitsubishi

Date: Sunday, June 8th, 2014
Location: Cecil County Dragway - 1916 Theodore Rd, Rising Sun, MD 21911

Want to win a $100 VISA Gift Card from East Coast Shootout? Head over to our site by clicking the link below and pre-pay for your registration and/or spectator tickets. For every advanced payment you have a chance to win. Not only do you win, but you are helping us determine turnout and assisting with the up front costs of running this event. We also have a donation link at the bottom for anyone who wants to help. If you make a donation you will be listed as a contributor on our sponsors page. All donations made to the East Coast Shootout will get split amongst the Street 16/True Street/Stock Appearing/Bracket pots. Thank you for your support! Please share this post!

http://www.eastcoastshootout.com/

Check out our website for the latest news and while you’re on the site please like our Facebook page!

East Coast Shootout would like to thank the following sponsors for contributing to making this event happen. We encourage everyone to purchase from these companies, because without them this event would not be possible.

King Mitsubishi | Surreal Media | PSI Proformance | JM Fabrications | K.P. Tuning | E-Spec Industries | Detective Coating | Kiggly Racing | Spark Tech Ignitions | Extreme PSI | DesignStar3 | Dynotech Tuning | UCS Performance | Carbonetics Carbon Fiber

Last edited by Korupt; Jan 18, 2014 at 08:22 PM. Reason: Updated Event Info
Old Jan 7, 2014, 05:01 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Looks like a great event. I'd bring the EVO but would most likely get the boot after my first pass

I may still come to watch. I have at least 2 people I know taking their cars.
Old Jan 7, 2014, 05:26 AM
Evolved Member

What are the safety rules? Will it be like MIR where they let me run 9.5 without a cage and all I needed to have was a diaper on the car?
Old Jan 7, 2014, 05:29 AM
Evolved Member

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts
I'll definitely be coming to watch! Sounds like it'll be a lot of fun.
Old Jan 7, 2014, 05:56 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by hamx0r
What are the safety rules? Will it be like MIR where they let me run 9.5 without a cage and all I needed to have was a diaper on the car?
I spoke with the guy who sets up the event and was told any car running 9's or faster without a cage would most likely get the boot.
Old Jan 7, 2014, 06:38 AM

Definitely gonna be there, but probably won't put my bone-stock RA in...
Old Jan 7, 2014, 07:00 AM
Former Sponsor

I'll be their getting my *** kicked my 9sec cars
Old Jan 7, 2014, 04:37 PM
Evolved Member

The safety rules are out of our hands unfortunately. The track, Cecil County Dragway, is solely responsible for enforcing and NHRA safety regulations. A car running in the 9s will most likely catch the eye of a track official. What they'll do is up to them. Hope to see all of you guys there!
Old Jan 7, 2014, 08:19 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by StreetThisEvo
I spoke with the guy who sets up the event and was told any car running 9's or faster without a cage would most likely get the boot.
This is my ongoing battle, I can't go anywhere besides track rentals now. I really don't want to cage my car because I drive it a lot and getting out of a 10 point cage everyday will make me lose the appeal for it. And the car went 9.5 on just test passes on moderate boost. There is still room to make more power once I put a 4.11 final drive in the car so I stop topping out 4th gear at the 1000' mark. I just find it weird that if the class is called true street then a fast street car should not have to abide by NHRA rules. I guess I might take the chance. It's only 2 hours from me. We'll see once the date becomes closer. Rant over. Sorry.
Old Jan 8, 2014, 08:05 AM
Evolved Member

well damn. I just lost my excitement for the event if I run the risk of getting booted out. I still have family to visit there I guess...

Edit: Not sure if you've looked at it this way yet or not. But the "slowest" class you have at the event can run 9's all day
Old Jan 8, 2014, 08:29 AM
Evolved Member

Received 40 Likes on 29 Posts
I like how they made sure the true street class could run a 64.9mm turbo to make sure those 6466 guys are safe lol.
Old Jan 8, 2014, 06:00 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by AreSTG
well damn. I just lost my excitement for the event if I run the risk of getting booted out. I still have family to visit there I guess...

Edit: Not sure if you've looked at it this way yet or not. But the "slowest" class you have at the event can run 9's all day
NHRA regs are NHRA regs. If you're worried about getting the boot, you got to get the car up to safety standards. Even putting a 6 point in the car will help your cause. The majority of cars at the event will not have an issue. I'm not a fan of caging a street car, but we do it all the time. Part of the game.
Old Jan 9, 2014, 02:33 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by StreetThisEvo
Cecil is my local track, I've ran 10 second passes at least 6 times in a row on a test and tune didn't even get a warning once and that was a test and tune. So with that being said you might be ok.

Originally Posted by badev0
I like how they made sure the true street class could run a 64.9mm turbo to make sure those 6466 guys are safe lol.
Scott I better see you there!

Last edited by 5LEEPERISAH23I; Jan 9, 2014 at 04:26 PM.
Old Jan 9, 2014, 08:06 PM

Cecil is a great track and I am sure you will all enjoy it. The owner of the track is a racer as well, so it's ran good. We are doing our best to keep all classes fair and competitive. I hope you guys all make it out and enjoy the event.
Old Jan 9, 2014, 08:06 PM

Want to win a $100 VISA Gift Card from East Coast Shootout? Head over to our site by clicking the link below and pre-pay for your registration and/or spectator tickets. For every advanced payment you have a chance to win. Not only do you win, but you are helping us determine turnout and assisting with the up front costs of running this event. We also have a donation link at the bottom for anyone who wants to help. If you make a donation you will be listed as a contributor on our sponsors page. All donations made to the East Coast Shootout will get split amongst the Street 16/True Street/Stock Appearing/Bracket pots. Thank you for your support! Please share this post!

http://www.eastcoastshootout.com/

Quick Reply: 2014 East Coast Shootout | All Mitsubishi Turbo Event