Notices
Drag Racing Find out the best way to launch and see what kind of times other people are posting. No posting of street racing related stories!

Think Im maxed out on this setup...

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2015, 01:43 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 184 Likes on 130 Posts
Originally Posted by 740 Turbo Brick
Lol yeah my plan is to get GSC S2s. The previous owner didnt know about Brian Crower cams until after he already put them in and saw the AMS cam test. So cams and a dyno tune are in the near future plans.

Whats wrong with injen intercooler/intake pipes? They seem to be quite popular and its just a hard intercooler pipe, I didnt think you could mess up intercooler piping. Also I have no driveability, fuel mileage, or performance differences between using the BOV or using a Forge recirc valve. Ill probably just leave those alone for now and put money towards the cams and tune
for one the way they route, 2 the way they are designed, they don't exactly fit right for all the cars I have seen them on and can be restrictive with all the bends and ****. Me personally im not a big fan. I rather go shorter route stuff. Hks bov's have been known to leak only reason on that. They don't hold a ton of boost either.
Old Jun 7, 2015, 09:15 PM
Evolving Member

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by cursedsm
for one the way they route, 2 the way they are designed, they don't exactly fit right for all the cars I have seen them on and can be restrictive with all the bends and ****. Me personally im not a big fan. I rather go shorter route stuff. Hks bov's have been known to leak only reason on that. They don't hold a ton of boost either.

Hmm, I honestly havent heard any of that. Is there anything similar to injens from another company or is it just easier to make your own short route setup? My piping all fits very well, I noticed when I got the car the uicp fit kinda janky, but I took it out to add a W/M injection nozzle and it fit a lot better after I put it back in.

Also from what Ive read the HKS SSQV will hold boost better than say a Greddy just because of the way it seals. I did a boost leak test up to 35 psi and it didnt leak at all. Ill probably leave this for now, but in the future when I go SD what BOV would you recommend, one that flows enough to prevent compressor surge with a 6262 at about 20 psi?
Old Jun 8, 2015, 01:39 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 184 Likes on 130 Posts
Originally Posted by 740 Turbo Brick
Hmm, I honestly havent heard any of that. Is there anything similar to injens from another company or is it just easier to make your own short route setup? My piping all fits very well, I noticed when I got the car the uicp fit kinda janky, but I took it out to add a W/M injection nozzle and it fit a lot better after I put it back in.

Also from what Ive read the HKS SSQV will hold boost better than say a Greddy just because of the way it seals. I did a boost leak test up to 35 psi and it didnt leak at all. Ill probably leave this for now, but in the future when I go SD what BOV would you recommend, one that flows enough to prevent compressor surge with a 6262 at about 20 psi?

Well that is good it doesn't leak. I know one of my good friends out here has one and it leaks like a siv. We thought it may have been the way it connected to the uicp, nope not that was something inside. Maybe it was just worn out idk but since then never been a fan that and they flutter lol I hate that. I mean I guess it is all a personal opinion and please don't take my feed back to heart if it works well for you sweet. I myself like Tial bov's. I have them on all my cars and they are local to me so I try to support them as much as I can. On the intercooler pipes depending on what your front mount is there is a bunch of options. Ets makes nice stuff, Buschur, AMS, MUSE, Map, they all make nice stuff. When you look at the pipes though you will see that there is a lot less bends in them which is important. Less travel for the air to the intake. I myself use a Buschur upper with a AMS lower and it works well with my AMS fmic.
Old Jun 8, 2015, 01:46 PM
Evolving Member

I do like Tials BOVs. Ill add that to my list of parts for the new turbo kit and SD tune. And Ill look into new intercooler piping as well. Ill leave the Injen on for now though, I dont see it being too restrictive until I start making some respectable power. I appreciate the input, always trying to go faster and make more power.
Old Jun 9, 2015, 11:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hks bovs are really good at holding boost because of the opposite design. Genuine ones don't typically have any issues at all. But to get the most of of anything run a recirculating one.
I've done a 12.3 completely stock with a 1.9 60ft, not to impressive but there's more in it. There's an issue with yours somewhere. As above replace cams and retune.
Old Jun 12, 2015, 03:07 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by HYYBR3D
Hks bovs are really good at holding boost because of the opposite design. Genuine ones don't typically have any issues at all. But to get the most of of anything run a recirculating one.
I've done a 12.3 completely stock with a 1.9 60ft, not to impressive but there's more in it. There's an issue with yours somewhere. As above replace cams and retune.
How reliable are email tunes? Im pretty sure thats my main problem, the car scoots but with ****ty cams and a non dyno tune it can only do so much. Ill make getting those 2 things addressed my priority.