Notices
Drag Racing Find out the best way to launch and see what kind of times other people are posting. No posting of street racing related stories!

Extreme Tuners Evo9 1/4 WR

Search this Thread

Old May 28, 2017, 09:47 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by kleomenis5582
Just waiting people like you to comment
WR now is 7.902 so its your turn but wait till tomorrow when WR will go even lower
I want to see this in person please come to the US
Old May 28, 2017, 10:15 AM
kaj
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 812 Likes on 677 Posts
Originally Posted by StreetLethal
I want to see this in person please come to the US
Anywhere in CA and I'm there.
Old May 29, 2017, 02:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Old May 30, 2017, 03:38 AM

Old May 30, 2017, 09:05 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,543 Likes on 1,322 Posts
Looks like Emery needs to put a sequential in the STM RS and take back his record.

Also, doesn't this car supposedly make 2000hp? Seems like it should be faster...
Old May 30, 2017, 09:32 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1,384 Likes on 1,317 Posts
Sean

I think their having trouble putting that level of pwr to the ground
Old May 30, 2017, 09:42 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by letsgetthisdone
Looks like Emery needs to put a sequential in the STM RS and take back his record.

Also, doesn't this car supposedly make 2000hp? Seems like it should be faster...
Sequential shifting is where it is gentlemen
Old May 30, 2017, 10:17 AM

People from the are been there tiday to measure the length and show it on video
Btw hiw much faster you think a sequential gearbox can be compared to an H pattern??? almost the same times we saw in the past after tries
Old May 30, 2017, 10:23 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,543 Likes on 1,322 Posts
Originally Posted by MinusPrevious
Sean

I think their having trouble putting that level of pwr to the ground

Should be able to get more mph out of it. STM RS with an Hpattern went 182(ish?). It makes a bit over 1k on the STM Mustang dyno. Extreme Tuna's claims an extra 500whp, or more. That should be good for a lot more than 3mph trap speeds.

Sequential will always be faster than pattern. It doesn't upset the car as much on the shift, the throw of the shifter itself is shorter, and the driver doesn't lift.
Old May 30, 2017, 11:32 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Congrats on the accomplishment, at the end of the day they have pushed the platform to new heights which is commendable.

I will be looking for the backup pass and possibly more details about the setup if they care to share ```truthfully```
Old May 30, 2017, 11:40 AM
kaj
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 812 Likes on 677 Posts
who makes a sequential that handles that kind of power? Last I checked (it's been years) even the Quaif unit was only good to mid 500s.
Old May 30, 2017, 11:50 AM
Evolved Member

Received 75 Likes on 65 Posts
Originally Posted by kaj
who makes a sequential that handles that kind of power? Last I checked (it's been years) even the Quaif unit was only good to mid 500s.
PPG

Pretty sure ER is running one in their white CT9A that's putting down over 1100whp.
Old May 30, 2017, 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by bboypuertoroc
PPG

Pretty sure ER is running one in their white CT9A that's putting down over 1100whp.
Most of the parts are created from Spyros himself after many many trials
Btw some people said about about top end and Extreme has 500whp more than STM and got only 3mph more but they forget that the car literally hit 7.9@185 spinning almost up to 1000ft especially with full boost and damaged the gears cause of that
No one actually said anything about weight difference which is almost 500lb!!!
My guess with same power he did 7.9 in Malta will hit 7.7 and full boost 7.5@190+
Old May 30, 2017, 01:56 PM
Evolved Member

Received 39 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by letsgetthisdone
Should be able to get more mph out of it. STM RS with an Hpattern went 182(ish?). It makes a bit over 1k on the STM Mustang dyno. Extreme Tuna's claims an extra 500whp, or more. That should be good for a lot more than 3mph trap speeds.

Sequential will always be faster than pattern. It doesn't upset the car as much on the shift, the throw of the shifter itself is shorter, and the driver doesn't lift.

The dragstrips in Greece are no where near the top dragstrips in the U.S. Traction is a big problem over in Greece, even for a car with less than 1000hp. Where it would take 1200-1300 in the U.S to brake traction at the same level, in Greece starts at 900-1000hp.

Observe the video more carefully and you shall see how much and far the car slides to the sides. It also slides and has traction problems all the way up to the finish line. Then compare it to Emery's video and you will immediately see the difference.

A gearbox and a shift is as fast as the driver. Put a shortshift on an h patttern with carbon synchros, and there is absolutely no difference to a sequential. As for the lift, the same goes for any gearbox, it's called flatshift.

Let's say that hp wise is not as E.T say, as dyno from dyno and dyno conditions to dyno conditions can differ a lot. What matters is not the dyno printout but the timeslip.

And something else which goes out to people using the specific point, I would personally like to see Spyros compete over in the U.S, but it is like asking Emery to go over to Greece. Whos knows, it might happen at some point, but untill it does, and E.T i.e, do not deliver as they should, it is pointless to use this as an arguement of disbelief.

Stm is a proven company, and I consider them legit and proper, they have earned my respect as other companies in the U.S such as MAP or Buschur, but so is E.T over in Greece. Now I would not want to refer to the matter of parts and deals between U.S customers and E.T, as I am completely not aware of the matter but if someone asked me to get him a part from Spyros then I would hate to see the guy be deceived in any way by E.T, and trust me I would be the first to come on here and report it.

Marios

Last edited by Evo8cy; May 30, 2017 at 02:16 PM.
Old May 31, 2017, 04:06 AM

People from the are been there tiday to measure the length and show it on video
Btw hiw much faster you think a sequential gearbox can be compared to an H pattern??? almost the same times we saw in the past after tries
There is "open loop flatshift with a clutch switch" and "closed loop flatshift with strain gauge located ON THE gearbox"...

There is no way a flat shifted H pattern [even with drenth shifter] will match flat shifted sequential gearbox's boost recovery, a "Boost recovery" which will be crucial to a 1800cc 91mm turbo car...

No one actually said anything about weight difference which is almost 500lb!!!
So you can manufacture custom tungsten crankshaft but can't do weight reduction ?

Watch this carefully;

You are not even running OEM side mirrors, you have lighter doors than STM's RS, lighter tubular rear subframe than STM's RS, a cage with less points than STM's RS and you claim you are 500lbs heavier than the STM's RS ?

"Lets get the composite doors without driver slider windows, install some black rivets, no one will notice !"

You can see lexan window's painted section which is marked with yellow lines, and two of the rivet holes;

Composite doors, front bumper, hood and trunk, no headlights, no window viper.

Rear tubular subframe [it used to be yellow/green, but lets paint it to black, so no one will notice]

15" wheels with slicks + Drag Brakes

Recaro bucket seat, no passanger seat [1st picture shows missing passenger seat]

AND STILL 500LBS HEAVIER THAN STM's RS ! !

You are running dry sump which might add 20lbs but I don't see why you would be heavier than STM's RS.

Install some upper window latches to those composite doors, paint them black, no one will notice !

Last edited by drahte1905; May 31, 2017 at 04:30 AM.

Quick Reply: Extreme Tuners Evo9 1/4 WR