Notices
Drag Racing Find out the best way to launch and see what kind of times other people are posting. No posting of street racing related stories!

Extreme Tuners Evo9 1/4 WR

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2, 2017, 03:10 PM
Evolved Member

Received 39 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by Robevo RS
those who stating the syncro H pattern, or a dog box just as fast as the Sequential Shifter, they are intentionally lying or never driven SSQ transmission equipped car.

i am a pretty fast shifter ( people say) as you can hear it in this video below on stock transmission, and i have driven all type of transmissions. You cant match the shift speed with SSQ with ANY other manual tranny def not with H patter even if its a straight cut one.

Plane and simple. I dont like lies. There is no need to making claims on achievements , specially fake ones, unless its something you dont want to tell us.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDx6En5w0mo

There is no point hiding behind your finger as we say over here. I'm the guy who said that in dragster there is no difference between an h pattern and sequential box if you know how to build an h pattern box to rev match and be as fast shifting as a sequential, and I'm not talking about conventional h patterns with just straight cut gear set that you can buy online.

And who are you calling a liar? I've driven both sequential and h patterns, I can also built an h pattern gearbox to a spec you have know I idea about. And clearly you have very little knowledge of gear dynamics, fluid and rotational dynamics, what materials, composites and techniques can be used besides the usual stuff that are offered around.

Also if you think you are a fast shifter, judging from the above in my opinion you are not.

To what claims and achievements are you referring? Why are you insinuating that they are fake? Do you have any actual proof they are fake, or are you one of those people who because they can't or won't do what others do, they simply start their usual crap.

Marios

Last edited by MinusPrevious; Jun 2, 2017 at 06:39 PM.
Old Jun 2, 2017, 06:38 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1,384 Likes on 1,317 Posts
Gentlemen! We are doing our best to keep this thread open for discussion of the car & the event

Please stay respectful

Thanks, Joe
Old Jun 2, 2017, 06:47 PM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
i am but he clearly doest know the difference shifting between SSQ and H pattern shiffting practice.
The FIA and world ( any racing sectioning body) knows, and agrees there for put SSQ cars in different class where the transmission is essential, because the SSQ shifters are faster and more consistent there for easier to drive, which always ending up a faster time in racing. SO i do not really have to argue with him, the proof is allover. lololol

This man is trying to tell others his movements are just as fast from 1-2 then 2-3 for an example in H patter vs the SSQ only forward to back ward only motion , which is we all know Physically impossible. Just by the simple fact the route you do is longer and trickier.
lol

just a reminder of the pattern of shifting :

I am not even start arguing with this person, just tell the rest of the guys , H patter will never be as fast as the SSQ. Also the SSQ is a lot more reliable , since the very simple back and forth shifting mechanism only. SO the miss shifts are way less likely.
( we are talking about the drum type of shift, which is a real SSQ type )

He might think he is just as fast as as others on SSQ who do racing, but that is only his Ego and opinion, so let him be. We always have "that kid" around in racing.

So no worries about me, staying civil.

Last edited by Robevo RS; Jun 2, 2017 at 07:42 PM.
Old Jun 2, 2017, 06:51 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1,384 Likes on 1,317 Posts
^^^Thanks Rob

The thread has been hitting the rev limiter & trying to dial it back a few
Old Jun 2, 2017, 06:57 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by MinusPrevious
^^^Thanks Rob

The thread has been hitting the rev limiter & trying to dial it back a few
thank you , and no worries.

Also the SSQ was as a transmission type if i am right introduced in F1. which is really about speed / power delivery / space and WEIGHT. the SSQ is only better in speed vs the H patter , since dog box can and often do a same power loss through on them and usually less weight since the SSQ mechanism etc is missing from them. So the ONLY advantage the SSQ vs the dog box is the SPEED and RELIABILITY in shifting.

Now two major thing is VERY important in racing racing, speed and reliability. SSQ stumps on H patter on that. You cant argue with that fact, unless you are completely overwhelmed with your own ego. The same person will be ALWAYS faster with SSQ vs H pattern.

And i think that is my last post here about SSQ vs H pattern transmission debate .

Last edited by Robevo RS; Jun 2, 2017 at 07:44 PM.
Old Jun 3, 2017, 12:55 AM
Evolved Member

Lol, all the above are redundant and very shallow arguements that do not even scratch the surface of the matter to say the least, and yes there is an h pattern design gearbox that is as fast as any sequential. Sequential boxes/straight cut gear boxes are not more reliable than h pattern conventional boxes. Sequential boxes last far less miles,require more often maintenance and they can break down more easily, they can handle less amount,type and degree of thrusting loading, heat and abuse, and the only reason they are used is because due to their straight cut gears there is no actual degree of thrusting loading present, which enables the gearbox to handle more torque as a peak number, but the slightest deformation of clearances and material due to other stressing factors can easily damage a sequential gearbox. Both h pattern and sequential gearboxes have come a long way since they were introduced, but the h pattern has evolved much more to a degree that it can match a sequential gearbox. It is not about the shifting direction since you are referring to h pattern but it's all about the distance.

I will repeat my initial statement

A well designed h pattern against a well designed sequential, regarding solely the shifting pattern aspect will only be very marginally slower when downshifting but even then the difference will be negligible, though it does make some lap time difference in an F1 event.

Also do not confuse nor compare f1 to dragster. They are two different types of motorsport racing. An f1 car is completely disassembled and all parts are replaced after an event.

This thread is not about gearboxes, and it should not become one. A gearbox has a certain role in a dragster car, but it is not the main one. Even less of a part has one its characteristics, the shifting part. If drag races were won just by the shifting part, I'm sure STM could afford to use a sequential gearbox.

Since you mentioned F1, here you go, this is the fastest shifting one can have on a dragster car.

Just to illustrate my point :

Marios

Last edited by MinusPrevious; Jun 3, 2017 at 04:57 AM. Reason: typo
Old Jun 5, 2017, 02:28 PM
Evolved Member

lol this guy.... , i am not sure he is really just a troll or this numb.

This video he actually put it up here making his point on H pattern, technically a cheaper version of the real Sequantial shifter, that is not an H pattern shifter.
Ghost shifter really just a steering shifter option for the SSQ. Well known feature for SSQ Shifter all over. Like Kaps transmissions for the Evo for an example. this Kaps paddle shifter hydraulic unit for the Evo X for the steering collum. ( not a gas one which STM uses from tanks)
http://eng.kaps-transmissions.com/fi...ucts/hydraulic

this is a 1000 hp drag Subaru but you will se the same action what STM shows you there, with they own name for this shifter type, as called a "Ghost", but this is a true SSQ shifter WITH the steering shifter option. As ANY SSQ the shifter stick works like a phantom or as STM calls it "Ghost shifting". Nothing new here. lol
Quote from STM :
"The STM Ghostshifter is designed to complement an Ikeya Sequential shifter for the late model Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution (4-9), and requires a dog-engagement gearbox. The Ghostshifter attaches to the Ikeya shifter, and uses a high speed air ram to physically move the Ikeya shifter, allowing the shifts to be made through either steering wheel mounted buttons or paddles (not included in the Ghostshifter kit).The Ghostshifter allows for faster, more accurate shifting which results in improved time slips at the drag strip, and quicker lap times at the race track. The fast and consistent shifting offered by the Ghostshifter also results in less wear on the gearbox dog rings, saving you money and aiding gearbox reliability.

"

the best, this is actually on this forum i have quoted from lololol

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ve...ng-soon-2.html

Sum it up, i do quote him here lol
"A gearbox has a certain role in a dragster car, but it is not the main one. Even less of a part has one its characteristics, the shifting part. If drag races were won just by the shifting part, I'm sure STM could afford to use a sequential gearbox."

This video of his basically a cheaper SSQ or version pick one you like. There for STM uses a dog box witha SSQ shifter mechanism with steering collum shifter. It is not a H pattern shifter by far lolololol. In a sense STM use a SSQ in they car. Not a real one per se, if its not a drum type shifter inside, but def. the closest one you can build , and it is not H pattern by far.

ps if you wonder what is the drum i am talking about inside the sequential shifter here it is for an example one:

Last edited by Robevo RS; Jun 5, 2017 at 03:03 PM.
Old Jun 6, 2017, 03:46 AM
Evolved Member

For God's sake. You do lack intelligence lol, what else is there to say, it was posted precisely because it is not an h pattern, re-think it over and you might see why I posted the stm video. My points are there if you carefully read what I write. To save you from posting furthermore, I'll put it this way, compared to you, based on what you post here, I'm an authority on gearboxes.

Just to give you a hint of a start towards the right way of thinking this through, and connecting the video to my points, stm car has one of the fastest shifting setups, yet the car does a much higher e.t than E.T's car, even than stm(u.s) h pattern car. The specific stm(aussie) car, has over 1000hp.

This is not a thread about gearboxes, and I do not intend to make it one. This is about a new world record, let's keep it as such.

To me this discussion is pointless, I see you are a rally driver, I wish you all the best with your rallying efforts as there is nothing else to say here.

Now, to get back on track on this thread :

I'd like to thank evom for hosting this thread.

Marios

Last edited by Nsomniac; Jun 6, 2017 at 06:23 AM. Reason: You don't need to keep posting the same video
Old Jun 6, 2017, 08:26 AM
Evolved Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
hehehe hohohohohhoho I saw these vids on youtube and I knew a thread would explode on here.

It looks pretty fast, lets face it.

On a super serious note.
The gobs of frickin money spent on building such a car from super exotic materials to SSQ blah blah blah... if proving a world rec and smashing it, why would you not send the car to a location, which had a track prepped to the 9's to gain the traction the car actually deserves for 2000hp to rocketship the car down the track?
You can not use $$$ as an excuse, there is **** loads of it inside that car.
Old Jun 6, 2017, 09:37 AM
Evolved Member

Received 75 Likes on 65 Posts
Originally Posted by GTijoejoe
hehehe hohohohohhoho I saw these vids on youtube and I knew a thread would explode on here.

It looks pretty fast, lets face it.

On a super serious note.
The gobs of frickin money spent on building such a car from super exotic materials to SSQ blah blah blah... if proving a world rec and smashing it, why would you not send the car to a location, which had a track prepped to the 9's to gain the traction the car actually deserves for 2000hp to rocketship the car down the track?
You can not use $$$ as an excuse, there is **** loads of it inside that car.
Several years ago, people here in the US actually offered to pay to ship the car over here to get in on a legit track.

I'll let you take a stab at how that went
Old Jun 6, 2017, 10:41 AM
Evolved Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by bboypuertoroc
Several years ago, people here in the US actually offered to pay to ship the car over here to get in on a legit track.

I'll let you take a stab at how that went
I remember, lets try again
Old Jun 6, 2017, 02:08 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Evo8cy
For God's sake. You do lack intelligence lol, what else is there to say, it was posted precisely because it is not an h pattern, re-think it over and you might see why I posted the stm video. My points are there if you carefully read what I write. To save you from posting furthermore, I'll put it this way, compared to you, based on what you post here, I'm an authority on gearboxes.

Just to give you a hint of a start towards the right way of thinking this through, and connecting the video to my points, stm car has one of the fastest shifting setups, yet the car does a much higher e.t than E.T's car, even than stm(u.s) h pattern car. The specific stm(aussie) car, has over 1000hp.

This is not a thread about gearboxes, and I do not intend to make it one. This is about a new world record, let's keep it as such.

To me this discussion is pointless, I see you are a rally driver, I wish you all the best with your rallying efforts as there is nothing else to say here.

Now, to get back on track on this thread :

I'd like to thank evom for hosting this thread.

Marios
so finally you do agree the SSQ is a faster shifter, lol

I do say though congrats for the time you run, which is amazing accomplishment, and that is why i dont understand why you need these weird situations where people can, and do point out your fake comments , as example H pattern vs SSQ or like your car interior wise, and about windows, weight etc, which is already showed in this thread by other people.

we have a saying " good wine needs no bush"

i think if you just would tell honestly what is your set up or say nothing, you wouldn't have these problems.

that is all have to say

Rob
Old Jun 10, 2017, 06:35 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Robevo RS
so finally you do agree the SSQ is a faster shifter, lol

I do say though congrats for the time you run, which is amazing accomplishment, and that is why i dont understand why you need these weird situations where people can, and do point out your fake comments , as example H pattern vs SSQ or like your car interior wise, and about windows, weight etc, which is already showed in this thread by other people.

we have a saying " good wine needs no bush"

i think if you just would tell honestly what is your set up or say nothing, you wouldn't have these problems.

that is all have to say

Rob

Is that what you understood from what I posted? As I said , you really lack intelligence. No I so do not agree that the sequential is faster than the h pattern, and I'm not talking about a conventional h pattern but about a build one with the right parts. I posted why. My above comment which you quoted has a key point which you did not seem to grasp. That key point is that the stm car(u.s) which runs an h pattern does a much better e.t than the stm car(new zealand) which runs one of the fastest shifting sequential setups. I will repeat this, one of the fastest sequential shifting setups, not one of the fastest shifting setups of all, which also eliminates the "better driver" factor. So comparing the two shifting setups, there should have been a significant difference of e.t in favor of the new zealand car, if the sequential was actually faster shifting and responding gearbox, as powerwise the new zealand car is stronger than the american evo. Yet the american evo does 8 flat where the new zealand car is at 8.4, major e.t difference.

Re-read my comments and posts, I never refer to anything about doors, windows or weight of the car. Kleomenis does, and as for fake again the only fake about the matter is the online non-reality related conclusions people make on a forum based on pictures they found online.

When both cars are on scales, and if the american evo is not lighter than the E.T car, then you can call the person who posted about the weight a liar, which it will not be the case as the E.T car is/must be indeed heavier.

I will say whatever I consider worth saying and I will not be dictated what to say or when.

It takes research , knowledge, time, effort and money to extend the limits of reality in any aspect of it, and that is something which is not easily shared with anyone.

As for problems, the only people who have problems of recognizing, believing and accepting reality as is are the fools of this world, and in the world of dragster there is nothing more real than a timeslip.

Marios

Last edited by MinusPrevious; Jun 10, 2017 at 07:43 AM. Reason: OT
Old Jun 10, 2017, 05:13 PM
kaj
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 812 Likes on 677 Posts
Can someone please cliffnote these posts?
Old Aug 4, 2017, 04:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2000hp eh?

Long time watcher, first time poster...

I have no doubt about the 1/4 time but a few things still dont add up.

The claims made previously are the biggest issue, especially engine power. There is no evidece the 2100hp dyno run is the same engine. The power claimed for a 1.8 is so much higher than others have achieved.

The trap speed and ET should be much better for that much power. The 7.88 run shows no problem getting power to the road. As a comparison, Andy Forrests wrx runs a similar time and mph with 'only' 1200hp.

My guess is theyre using an engine made by someone else and claiming it as their own. Like theyve done previously with other individual parts.

Quick Reply: Extreme Tuners Evo9 1/4 WR