EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Drag Racing (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/drag-racing-16/)
-   -   No Excuses rules discussion - I have a question (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/drag-racing/348455-no-excuses-rules-discussion-i-have-question.html)

DynoFlash May 29, 2008 10:45 PM

No Excuses rules discussion - I have a question

Most race sanctioning bodies require that the tire break the beams on a car and that a minimum amount of ground clearance exist on the body so that no other part of the car can effect the operation of the timing beams.

Since it seems in the competition for the quickest and fastest evo - Period - there are no rules

My question is, would it count if for example someone lowered their front bumper low enough to trip the beam so in effect I had a running start on the timing clock ?

If you lowered the front lip low enough you could hold the second beam bulb from the front edge of your nose all the way till the front tire cleared the beams till the pass started timing

I am throwing this out there for deabte and dicussion - I am curious what others think about this

Al

Paul Nelson May 29, 2008 11:07 PM

??? never heard of this Al
Ive heard of people tripping the beam than backing up and going for it to get a higher mph. Ive seen top fuel cars really low to ground and they seam to run the exact times each time

Billy@EnglishRacing May 29, 2008 11:13 PM

This just seems to be more pointless drama like the rear end thread

crispeed May 29, 2008 11:18 PM

It's been done many times but in the real racing world it will not slide because a lot of people and officials are aware of that trick. It will however slide for a test-n-tune session where there are no rules being broken since you're not in competition.:lol:
Some of the devices I've seen rigged up for the same results are amazing.
Al I have a feeling I know which car you're talking about because I said the very same thing to myself when I saw the front bumber! :D :rolleyes:
I always laugh when I see that ****.:lol:

DynoFlash May 29, 2008 11:19 PM

Originally Posted by Paul Nelson (Post 5717154)
??? never heard of this Al
Ive heard of people tripping the beam than backing up and going for it to get a higher mph. Ive seen top fuel cars really low to ground and they seam to run the exact times each time

If you had a really low front bumper that hung into the beams you could start the car running on a small head start before the beams past the front tire which means you bascially have a rolling start on the timing beams - if only by a couple of feet

My point is that drag race class rules prohibit this

It seems that everyone here is saying NO excuses - anything goes

So is this fair or not - should this be allowed ?

Al

Paul Nelson May 29, 2008 11:19 PM

Sounds like a attack on Brandon if you ask me.
I would check with the track officials. But with the amount of bracket racing ive done and money involved you would think that these items are checked. If it bugs you that much Al you should go down there with your camera and investigate than make a youtube video

DynoFlash May 29, 2008 11:20 PM

Originally Posted by crispeed (Post 5717187)
It's been done many times but in the real racing world it will not slide because a lot of people and officials are aware of that trick. It will however slide for a test-n-tune session where there are no rules being broken since you're not in competition.:lol:
Some of the devices I've seen rigged up for the same results are amazing.
Al I have a feeling I know which car you're talking about because I said the very same thing to myself when I saw the front bumber! :D :rolleyes:

Yes it seems we all understand the effect such a nose can have on the time slip

The issue is should an aero aide which aides the times by blocking the timing beams be allowed or NOT ???

Al

DynoFlash May 29, 2008 11:22 PM

Originally Posted by Paul Nelson (Post 5717190)
Sounds like a attack on Brandon if you ask me.
I would check with the track officials. But with the amount of bracket racing ive done and money involved you would think that these items are checked. If it bugs you that much Al you should go down there with your camera and investigate than make a youtube video

Paul - I am not attacking anyone

This is a general question - not a personal attack

Is having a aero or body attachment which blocks the tinming beams LEGIT or NOT legit ?

Simple question - no need to change the subject

We all know that at any organized race such devices are strictly outlawed

However on a test and tune session - it would seem that anythiong goes.

How should we consider time slips obtained with very low body attachments?

Whats your opinion?

crispeed May 29, 2008 11:25 PM

Originally Posted by DynoFlash (Post 5717192)
Yes it seems we all understand the effect such a nose can have on the time slip

The issue is should an aero aide which aides the times by blocking the timing beams be allowed or NOT ???
Al

It's funny because in real sanctioned racing that's one of the oldest trick that was once used by many. The mph always increases a whole bunch when that trick is aplied.
As for it being allowed for setting records for.......... you know where. That's going to start a whole new debate by itself. It seems there are going to have to be some rules for everyone to be happy. The problem with rules, how are they going to be enforce during a test-n-tune?

Paul Nelson May 29, 2008 11:25 PM

Originally Posted by DynoFlash (Post 5717194)
Paul - I am not attacking anyone

This is a general question - not a personal attack

Is having a aero or body attachment which blocks the tinming beams LEGIT or NOT legit ?

Simple question - no need to change the subject

Whats your opinion

Im going to be at the track this Sunday so ill go over it with the track officials. They have big races going on so i know they check this out. Ill get it on video for ya. But i really do not think this is the case if it is i think a majority of the cars at this level have the aero pieces.

06 MR May 29, 2008 11:26 PM

so wait. what ur trying to sayyy is im cheating with my bumper like that... There are cars lower than mine.. and ams has the same thing on their car so ur calling them a cheater too??? And FYI my bumper isnt low like that anymore because it was too low it was hitting the floor.. so before i made my pass i took shears and cut it .. so your theory is wrong .. ill take pics later today to show you.. damn people r haters..always someone is cheating

Paul Nelson May 29, 2008 11:27 PM

Watch my video on the 2nd run the lights are set with the tire

Paul Nelson May 29, 2008 11:29 PM

Originally Posted by crispeed (Post 5717200)
It's funny because in real sanctioned racing that's one of the oldest trick that was once used by many. The mph always increases a whole bunch when that trick is aplied.

Mike you have 2 accounts?

06 MR May 29, 2008 11:31 PM

its funny i keep my mouth shut and dont say anything about anyones car.. but when i make a pass people have something to say about it.. not cool

DynoFlash May 29, 2008 11:32 PM

Originally Posted by 06 MR (Post 5717205)
so wait. what ur trying to sayyy is im cheating with my bumper like that... There are cars lower than mine.. and ams has the same thing on their car so ur calling them a cheater too??? And FYI my bumper isnt low like that anymore because it was too low it was hitting the floor.. so before i made my pass i took shears and cut it .. so your theory is wrong .. ill take pics later today to show you.. damn people r haters..always someone is cheating

Brandon - this thread has ZERO to do with you

Someone suggested to me that by adding very low aero attachments on my Evo I can adie my 60' time and get a head jump start on the timing beams by having my car rolling well before the run beam starts the timer

My question is SUCH a device FAIR PLAY or LEGIT ?????

Since you are saying that your lip does not effect the beams then this question does not relate to you

Its a hypothetical question

Al