EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Drag Racing (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/drag-racing-16/)
-   -   G&R Drag Racing goes 9.4@151mph!! (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/drag-racing/412240-g-r-drag-racing-goes-9-4-151mph.html)

AWD Motorsports Apr 6, 2009 09:26 PM

G&R Drag Racing goes 9.4@151mph!!

Our friends in Brazil @ G&R Drag racing just got their 1st opportunity to run their Evo 8 on their new setup... We have been working closely to get them in the right direction and it has paid off.. Below is a video and list of mods!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kd9cSXVBn5M

Evo VIII - 2004 GSR JDM
Precision 6262
AWD Motorsports Foward Facing Manifold
10:1 Compression G&R Drag racing Built Engine (wisecos HD - Groden Rods)
Kelford 280 cams - ferrea oversized valves
Driven Innovations 8 injectors, Skunk TB
8- 1600 Precision injectors
Straight methanol -12 fuel lines, weldon fuel pump, Fuel Cell
3066 LBS with driver
D2 Coilovers to AWD Specs
AEM EMS
Buschur light weight parts
Buschur COP ignition
Carbon trunk and hood
15'' slicks, Evo 4 small brake kit

Most-Wanted Apr 6, 2009 09:43 PM

ta muito bom.... parabens!

FL_SilverEvo8 Apr 6, 2009 10:10 PM

nice! Good to see AWD Motorsports helping out around the world

crcain Apr 7, 2009 10:57 AM

Sick launch!!! Love it. Man that is hauling ass.

Nice to see DI manifolds all over the place these days. And with Dave recently test the latest incarnation from DI and it DOMINATING, I think Tom @ DI will be a staple in the Evo world for a long time.

AWD Motorsports Apr 7, 2009 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by crcain (Post 6909281)

Nice to see DI manifolds all over the place these days. And with Dave recently test the latest incarnation from DI and it DOMINATING, I think Tom @ DI will be a staple in the Evo world for a long time.

The suspension has proven to work great on atleast 5 cars int he 9's now.. Yes DI manifold and Buschur COP appear to working flawless.. if the COP can hold down a 100% methanol car you know its great!!

Mike

David Buschur Apr 7, 2009 11:41 AM

Very nice job on that car to G&R and you guys at AWDMotorsports.

Launch was beautiful, nice pass.

I have to be honest, that Mustang...................DAMN!! 8.8 out of that? I was shocked.

slamsdime Apr 7, 2009 11:50 AM

Very nice time That launch was Nice!!!!

zedevo Apr 7, 2009 01:07 PM

The shifting was not as much as good ... he can have a better trap speed with better shifting ...

steelcityevo8 Apr 7, 2009 01:47 PM

No disrespect to the very fine built Evo , but Hot Damn that mustang was haulin some mail on the back half , it looked close in the 1/8 but that mustang had some steam!!!!!

By the way AWD that suspension setup looks like the stuff. I think that was the best launch from a High HP Evo yet. It was so smooth , and no damn bouncin B.S.!!

Driven Innovations Apr 7, 2009 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by crcain (Post 6909281)

Thanks Crcain! Yes, it just been a year since we first introduced the manifolds. Now we hold more records in more places than anyone!

The launch was flawless! 1.402 60' is very impressive! Mike you nailed it down with the suspension!

Great job G&R and AWDMotorsports!!!

zedevo Apr 7, 2009 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by steelcityevo8 (Post 6910051)

I think that was the best launch from a High HP Evo yet. It was so smooth , and no damn bouncin B.S.!!

+1 {thumbup}

AWD Motorsports Apr 7, 2009 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by steelcityevo8 (Post 6910051)
No disrespect to the very fine built Evo , but Hot Damn that mustang was haulin some mail on the back half , it looked close in the 1/8 but that mustang had some steam!!!!!

By the way AWD that suspension setup looks like the stuff. I think that was the best launch from a High HP Evo yet. It was so smooth , and no damn bouncin B.S.!!

Thanks.. same setup used in my RS.. look how nice it leaves..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xuT3P5Sb2us

AWD Motorsports Apr 7, 2009 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by Driven Innovations (Post 6910081)
Thanks Crcain! Yes, it just been a year since we first introduced the manifolds. Now we hold more records in more places than anyone!

The launch was flawless! 1.402 60' is very impressive! Mike you nailed it down with the suspension!

Great job G&R and AWDMotorsports!!!

Thanks Tom.. I am sure we will have no issues promoting the manifold in Brazil now!!

Mike

StreetThisEvo Apr 7, 2009 02:03 PM

Impressive pass for cars in the video! Launch looked nice and solid and the car tracked really straight.

Good job!

nochance Apr 7, 2009 06:40 PM

Originally Posted by Most-Wanted (Post 6907297)
ta muito bom.... parabens!

C C C ! ! !:thumbup: