EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Drag Racing (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/drag-racing-16/)
-   -   Sad day for Strictly Modified Video inside (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/drag-racing/452204-sad-day-strictly-modified-video-inside.html)

Strictly Modified Oct 12, 2009 11:35 AM

Sad day for Strictly Modified Video inside

Devin schultz(Tech and Tuner for Strictly Modified) went to US 41 on sun October 11 in hopes of a 9.1-9.2 second quarter mile pass. I was able to tie my best pass with a 9.37 and was on my way to a 9.20 until the car in the next lane lost control, came into my lane and t-boned me just as I shifted 3rd. I have no idea how I kept it out of the wall, the car came to a stop facing the starting line in the opposite lane about 1 1/2 feet from the wall.

First thing I want to say is that im 100% OK, the car however is not!!!

First pass: 1.58 60ft spinning the hardest it ever has 9.37 @ 156mph
2nd pass: 1.52 60ft got out of the groove so I let off
3rd pass: 1.46 60ft the best pass of my life until it was all changed forever

http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/k...1011165812.jpg

http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/k...1011214948.jpg

Im very happy she went out doin what she was built for and doin it well. It would have been really lame to lose the car to a car theif or a acceident on the way to work.

I look at it as another reason for me to do what I love, and thats buildin cars and makin horsepower!!!!!

Thanks goes out to Nick for all of his late nights and unwavering support of me and the 2g. Thanks to Eric, Cisco, and Strictly Modified for the use of the shop, transportation to the track, and the support I needed to be able to build one bad ass 2g.
I F***IN LOVED THAT CAR!!!!

-Devin@StrictlyModified

NJ9MR Oct 12, 2009 11:41 AM

Oh man! That is so TERRIBLE! Is the other guy liable for your car, or does he just walk away? I am so sorry to YOU! Is the car rebuildable, or is she dead? What next? Much sympathy!

Strictly Modified Oct 12, 2009 11:44 AM

No the other guy is not liable, those are just risks us racers take when you go to a race track. But the other drive was such an ass . . he pretty much told Devin to go f*ck him self . . The car is DONE there is no salvaging it. I don't know what Devin's plans are as soon as we know, you guys will know. Thanks for your sympathy.

-Cisco

rabbity Oct 12, 2009 11:47 AM

It sucks about what happened to the car man, but at the end of the day you still have to remember that you were able to walk away from that. There's plenty of other cars out there waiting to be built, but who will rebuild you if you break type of situation.

revvin9k Oct 12, 2009 11:48 AM

Wow..... that blows.

And the other driver wasn't even remorseful? :rolleyes:

kouzman Oct 12, 2009 11:49 AM

i am really sorry for the car man! Unfortunately thats a risk that we all take when racing!

Can't you just find another cell and transfer everything on it? It doesn't seem that there is damage on the motor or drivetrain...

Hope to see you back better and stronger!

Strictly Modified Oct 12, 2009 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by kouzman (Post 7603338)
i am really sorry for the car man! Unfortunately thats a risk that we all take when racing!

Can't you just find another cell and transfer everything on it? It doesn't seem that there is damage on the motor or drivetrain...

Hope to see you back better and stronger!

The motor and drive train are perfect, there will be another 2g we can transfer the parts into just not another with 60K ORIGINAL miles and an clean as this one:(. We are all glad that Devin was able to walk away which is a plus side to the negativity for yesterday's horrible day.

kouzman Oct 12, 2009 12:01 PM

You can always fix metal mate! You are 100% right!

URBANRCR Oct 12, 2009 12:03 PM

Im glad you're fine and that's obviously the most important thing at the end of the day,but its sad to see such a nice DSM destroyed.On the upside its winter and it looks like the important pieces of the car made it out fine so now go on the hunt for another 2g!

inco9nito99 Oct 12, 2009 12:06 PM

Jesus, glad you're okay Devin -cars can be replaced :).

Evosick2332 Oct 12, 2009 12:08 PM

Thank god your okay devin....im glad i got to see this car in person make history in breaking the record. The car was the cleanest and most gorgeous looking 2g out there. Im glad your okay and dont worry there will be another 2g out for you in the days to come.

Strictly Modified Oct 12, 2009 12:20 PM

Thanks guys I will pass your sympathy and support on to Devin, He will greatly Appreciate it.

-Cisco

alan678 Oct 12, 2009 12:27 PM

WOW....thats crazy! Good thing the driver is ok.

PATRICK B. Oct 12, 2009 02:03 PM

WOW really sorry guys what a heart-breaker :(

Glad Devin is ok and what a bastard for the other racer to not even have an sympathy i hope his POS hit the wall hard!

Jeovannie Oct 12, 2009 02:06 PM

sorry to hear

buchnerj Oct 12, 2009 02:11 PM

yeah, the other driver not at least being sorry or regretful is a terrible thing to hear, f that guy. Glad to hear your okay, good luck with the new build.

NOMIEZVR4 Oct 12, 2009 02:11 PM

Wow I have seen that car many times on the street..good luck on your next build!

wshihdnevo Oct 12, 2009 02:20 PM

Sad to see this happen and hear the other guy was such a douche-canoe. Glad everything mechanical is ok though! {thumbup}

SparkTech Oct 12, 2009 02:29 PM

Wow sorry to hear guys. I loved that car.

Glad to hear he was safe though:mitsu:

EvoDan2004 Oct 12, 2009 02:30 PM

woooow sorry for the lose fella's but at least everyone was ok. even the d#%k who hit you. im sure you will get another car and once again hammer down.

Andrew@AMS Oct 12, 2009 02:45 PM

Again, glad to hear Devin is ok and walked away from this. Hopefully he will be able to find another chassis for the parts and get back to racing next year!!!

Sean@Iveytune Oct 12, 2009 02:46 PM

Man glad you are ok, that is a good argument for safety equipment.

Sean

EmeryatSTM Oct 12, 2009 04:20 PM

Glad Everyone is OK.

-Em

CMB Oct 12, 2009 04:26 PM

Glad to see this didnt happen on the far end. Sorry bout the car, but I honestly think it can be fixed by what I saw in the video. Good luck!

Q8_EVO Oct 12, 2009 04:30 PM

damn that sucks.. glad ur ok

Kav@SparkTech Oct 12, 2009 04:43 PM

Really crazy, sorry to hear! But as everyone is saying, glad to hear that you guys are okay.

red evo8 Oct 12, 2009 05:08 PM

that sucks but im sorry if someone hit me on the track, and then said something in a tone other than im so sorry, I would have kicked his ******* *** right there on the track.

Fourdoor Oct 12, 2009 06:17 PM

Crap that sucks! I was at US-41 on Saturday for test and tune....

Sucks that the other driver was a douche nozzle about it. He used your car like and airbag preventing himself from going head on into the wall... he should have at least been grateful for the cushion effect!

Keith

Brian Oct 12, 2009 06:23 PM

Cars can and will be replaced, be thankful you walked away with your health.

Sucks to see it, glad you walked away ok.

dxbtune Oct 12, 2009 06:33 PM

Good thing your safe and sound, car is a car and a life is a life.

Wickedwhite8 Oct 12, 2009 06:34 PM

Hey glad to hear your ok. Like everyone said cars can be replaced.
I give you my best. Hope to see you out at 41 next year

lillev23 Oct 12, 2009 07:00 PM

yeah man be happy you weren't in the left lane and everything wasn't flipped. Cars can definitely be replaced. A good search on dsmtuners should make it easy to find a clean 2g shell. At least you didn't wreck a more expensive shell like an Evo or something like that.

JohnBradley Oct 12, 2009 07:05 PM

Racing is racing. Looks like the other guy snapped an axle or spun hard and made the left turn. He is probably just as upset about his, while thats not cool about his attitude toward Devin, and I can kind of see why he was the way he was.

Good to hear that Devin wasnt hurt. Out of curiosity for a car to run 9.35@162 I know the power level it should take, but what did this weigh?

JohnBradley Oct 12, 2009 07:11 PM

.... double post....whoops

AngryEvo8 Oct 12, 2009 07:14 PM

I was just admiring this car last week in person, clean ass car... sorry to hear about the incident guys. Glad nobody was hurt.

Most-Wanted Oct 12, 2009 08:34 PM

sorry about your bad luck. But glad your ok...

ineedspots Oct 12, 2009 08:36 PM

wow, cisico you didnt tell me there was a video when i seen you earlier.

sorry to see guys, ive seen the car in person and it was very clean and well built.

its a shame.

mrtalon20 Oct 12, 2009 08:56 PM

Thats was f up and I was just talking about how bad your car is thats why ill never race a rwd car no control. Cant wait to see what your going to do next. Glad your re ok.

Strictly Modified Oct 12, 2009 09:06 PM

Originally Posted by ineedspots (Post 7605291)
wow, cisico you didnt tell me there was a video when i seen you earlier.

sorry to see guys, ive seen the car in person and it was very clean and well built.

its a shame.

Sorry bud, I wanted to keep every one at the shop positive today so I tried not to talk about it too much. Thanks for your sympathy guys. This tragedy is now behind us and we will move forward to bigger better things.

-Cisco

TTP Engineering Oct 12, 2009 09:07 PM

Damn, where's the rest of the video!

Fourdoor Oct 12, 2009 09:13 PM

Originally Posted by TTP Engineering (Post 7605404)

A reporter keeps filming, a friend drops the camera and runs to help.

Keith

scumrat Oct 12, 2009 09:14 PM

Originally Posted by Strictly Modified (Post 7603326)
No the other guy is not liable, those are just risks us racers take when you go to a race track. But the other drive was such an ass . . he pretty much told Devin to go f*ck him self . . The car is DONE there is no salvaging it. I don't know what Devin's plans are as soon as we know, you guys will know. Thanks for your sympathy.

-Cisco

How could the other guy be suck a f-uck head?? What exactly was he saying?? I hope he gets banned from that track and hie pos dodge is ruined for life.. glad you are OK!

TTP Engineering Oct 12, 2009 09:16 PM

Originally Posted by Fourdoor (Post 7605420)
A reporter keeps filming, a friend drops the camera and runs to help.

Keith

A reporter friend keeps filming while he is helping.

SickSilverNLow Oct 12, 2009 09:20 PM

brought tears to my eye...that sucks bro. At least you are okay.

j14mp Oct 12, 2009 09:20 PM

why cant u just change out the fender? Is it really worth getting another car?

ineedspots Oct 12, 2009 09:30 PM

Originally Posted by j14mp (Post 7605456)
why cant u just change out the fender? Is it really worth getting another car?

im sure theres a lot more damange then you can see. its tough spot to have anything fixed...and most likely you will be able to find another shell cheaper then the work.

and cisco no problem man, i deff understand i crashed my car on my own stupity and i couldnt stand people even bringing it up for months.

snoar Oct 12, 2009 09:35 PM

wow could have been worse

hamflex Oct 12, 2009 09:40 PM

That is so ****ty!! Im sorry Devin.....

I know the truth of the matter is that you are alright, and that really is because as we all know that could have been worse. Mid track, end of the track, different lane....

But anyone who builds a car and puts everything they have into it, money and love i hate to see it happen. Especially to such a nice guy, if there is anything you need that I could help with hit me up buddy. I know Eric has a truck and trailer to get a new shell but if you need to use mine its yours! Its not the prettiest set up but it will go anywhere especially to pick up a shell.....

Glad to hear you are alright buddy!

ineedspots Oct 12, 2009 10:09 PM

ryan, trailer my car over to strictly since your offering rides j/k

im sure my money could help them out a tad bit.

Epix_ Oct 12, 2009 11:26 PM

Originally Posted by TTP Engineering (Post 7605436)
A reporter friend keeps filming while he is helping.

Awe shucks! Guess the camera man just wasn't as crafty as you. Ya know, with his selflessness gettin in the way and all. Oh yeah that's right. Mechanics work over there at Strictly Modified, not reporters :mitsu:

Wow glad you're alright Devin. I'm sure you wouldn't have stepped foot on the 1320 if you didn't accept that something like this could happen. Ether way its only metal. You'll soon find another dsm (hopefully another talon) in need of a heart transplant, bust out a 9.0 and forget the crash ever happened.

Strictly Modified Oct 13, 2009 07:48 AM

Originally Posted by TTP Engineering (Post 7605404)

The rest of the video is not uploaded yet . . however the other driver is recorded saying go "f*ck your self" with no remorse. Again thanks guys!

-Cisco

EvoIX Beauty Oct 13, 2009 09:45 AM

first of all, i'd like to thank everyone for their support- devin and i greatly appreciate it. i loved watching the progress of that car, and had no problem sharing devin with her ;) lol.
its sad that she won't be in the garage again. she truly was the sickest, cleanest 2G that ever lived and had one hell of an amazing year breaking records! but you better believe that devin will continue to do what he loves and will be back with one hell of a race car!!

unfortunately there is more damage done to the car then what you can see, and to fix it all may not be worth it since there is no guarantee she'll be as reliable as she was on the track, besides cost being the biggest issue. i'm glad to hear that someone got a video of the aftermath cuz i'm no camera man - just a fiancé that was scared ****less once i saw the impact on the camera screen. that’s an image i just can’t get outta my head.

but above all, devin walked away from this cuz we all know how much worse it could've been. i am truly thankful for that and the support that everyone has shown on so many different forums. he had an angel watching over him cuz we all know that cars can be replaced but you can't replace someone like devin.

thanks again to everyone for all of the support and well wishes. you'll be seeing another sick 2G soon enuf!

David Buschur Oct 13, 2009 09:49 AM

That SUCKS. Luckily you weren't hurt. Car looks fixable though, just some welding.

Good luck.

SAfrican Oct 13, 2009 02:03 PM

Just glad you're ok Devin - that's the most important thing.

dryad001 Oct 13, 2009 02:49 PM

Glad your OK.

I posted this up on BCM Cisco.

dtrackstar Oct 13, 2009 09:28 PM

Sorry...could always be worst though.

project_skyline Oct 14, 2009 01:47 AM

God dam v8 bastards!!! This is what happens when you try and make pile of **** cars go fast. Sorry to hear about to car but glad to hear your driver didn't get hurt.

Best of luck in the next endeavor.

1NastyMR Oct 14, 2009 02:45 AM

I can't believe the other driver was being an ass when it was his fault for not even knowing how to control his junk box.... Good to hear devin is ok and hopefully a new car can be found and he can continue racing and his goal's of extremely low 9's/ possible 8's?

Jrod@Buschur Oct 14, 2009 06:43 AM

Man that sucks Cisco! Glad Devin made it out alright.

Its really sucks but at the end of the days its just a car. They can always be fixed or replaced.

marrrk Oct 14, 2009 05:53 PM

the more i watched it the more it made me think thank god you you built that car to be fast as fuxx cause if that was a slower car i hate to think!! and you gotta fix her that car is destined for 8s its to nice to let er go just my 2cents good luck what ever you do strictly power bro

Evokid03 Jan 6, 2010 10:20 AM

Devin, Car looks better than ever now :)

Hiboost Jan 6, 2010 10:59 AM

I'm glad you guys made it out OK.

As for the other drivers attitude that's really poor. So what exactly happens when someone driving a high dollar sports car takes it to the drag strip and someone else wrecks it, do they just have to walk away and say "oh well there goes 60k"? I know you sign waivers when you enter the track but if some moron can send his cobbled together car into my daily driver like a cruise missile and have no responsibility that is quite scary. How does car insurance come into play or are you basically on your own since it's considered a timed event?

Makes you think twice about risking a car you can't afford to lose. :eek:

Evokid03 Jan 6, 2010 11:14 AM

Supposibly under a Drag rAcing Rule/theory within people lol

Theres a thing stating that all racers r at there own risk..

No one is liable for someelses car..

If someone hits your car like devin, sure it would be nice help pay for the car but you don't have to. Remember they also have to pay for there car, it wasn't meant to happen

Accidents r accidental and r preventable in some situations..

Evo a Mula Jan 6, 2010 12:41 PM

wow man good luck with everything the fact that you keep on moving and are going to working on your car makes us all happy to hear!! good luck for the rest of the year and we hope to see you vome back and hopefully make a 9.0 pass or lower

slow/ass/rs Jan 6, 2010 07:38 PM

i would go get a beater and red light and run into his car lol

Hiboost Jan 6, 2010 09:00 PM

Well at some point regardless of waivers you can still sue someone for stupidity and win.

Stockie Jan 7, 2010 02:59 PM

Oh man! good luck,
if i were in your shoes i'd beat the money out of him, but thats just me.

Stockie Jan 7, 2010 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by slow/ass/rs (Post 7863172)
i would go get a beater and red light and run into his car lol

haha smart {thumbup}

Silver06evo9mr Jan 7, 2010 03:10 PM

any update?

R/TErnie Jan 7, 2010 05:33 PM

Just think... if you would've red lit you'd have been fine!

sorry to hear about the car. I'd be sure to take that guys trailer from him.

Evokid03 Jan 7, 2010 06:11 PM

guys get real seriously ^

Devin was by himself really w/ no support against the guy w/ like 10 brothers lol

sorry but even if i was devin i wouldnt havent got into conflict

DRAG Jan 8, 2010 09:56 AM

Man I am sorry to hear that. How was the weather? I think they run that track on days that are too cold. I took my Honda there last October and it was 40 and windy and I was spinning 4th gear at 135mph in a 1750lb 400hp all motor car on 26 inch slicks with wheelie bars. It was downright dangerous. My car cuts 1.37 60s and 3.9 to 330 and doesn't really have traction problems EVER, but that track was friggin retarded in the cold.

Best of luck and glad you are safe after that.

Brokenevo Jan 8, 2010 11:42 AM

OMG that would suck so much.

X91EVO Jan 20, 2010 04:45 PM

+1 on an update

Evokid03 Jan 21, 2010 04:53 PM

Car is completely redone and getting ready for the 2010 season :)

LEvo77 Jan 21, 2010 05:25 PM

good luck with the new season coming up

EvoIX Beauty Jan 26, 2010 10:18 AM

Just wanted to say a quick 'thank you' to everyone for their support and a HUGE thanks to Phil Davidson from First Impressions Collision in Columbus, OH. Phil did an IMAZING job getting the beast back to her beautiful condition, as well as installing a cage and chute mount, which I was more then excited about!! :lol:

There are still a few more things to finish up before she's ready for the track, but we're excitedly counting down the days.

Can’t wait for the season to begin!!!

RAbishi Jan 27, 2010 09:36 AM

Wow that really sucks! Glad you are OK.

Robevo RS Jan 27, 2010 11:11 AM

good luck in this year. You should put a teaser in your car and next time if someone hits you like that, and give you a comment f*&ck yourself.... Just tease a sh&t out of him.
Good to hear you guys are up and running again with no injusries

Rob

Tvwj Feb 2, 2010 04:13 PM

This car was fast. i got my ass rape at the track running this car on ghost mode.

fostytou Feb 4, 2010 03:08 PM

Damn, I can't believe I didn't see this till now. Thats horrible! Hope you guys find another shell on the cheap!

Strictly Modified Feb 7, 2010 10:42 AM

Originally Posted by fostytou (Post 7958418)
Damn, I can't believe I didn't see this till now. Thats horrible! Hope you guys find another shell on the cheap!

He was actually able to save his current 2G. It looks better than ever. :D Once Devin gives me the go I will post up some pics.

-Cisco

PATRICK B. Feb 9, 2010 08:14 AM

Originally Posted by Strictly Modified (Post 7967688)
He was actually able to save his current 2G. It looks better than ever. :D Once Devin gives me the go I will post up some pics.

-Cisco

Can't wait to see what she looks like now Cisco :cool:

Devin must be excited to get back behind the wheel for some hi-speed action :D

Gamble Feb 9, 2010 08:59 AM

I've seen the car and it looks perfect!

DDATuned Apr 13, 2010 08:05 AM

Looks like the 2g is back in action.

http://s280.photobucket.com/albums/k...urrent=925.flv

EvoIX Beauty Apr 13, 2010 10:16 AM

oh course she is {thumbup} - devin's got her back to where she belongs (lol) and its just the beginning of the season. now that she's got an alignment, its time to hit the track again this weekend so look for more updates soon :D

PATRICK B. Apr 13, 2010 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by Remy (Post 8194705)
Looks like the 2g is back in action.

:( link didn't seem to work for me :confused:

_des_ Apr 13, 2010 12:42 PM

^^ same, I want to see the progress!

Strictly Modified Apr 13, 2010 12:46 PM

You can see the videos here also .. http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/...d/165501423722

-Cisco