EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Drag Racing (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/drag-racing-16/)
-   -   WHOOOOP there it is. Evodan2004 hits 9.9s @ 149 (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/drag-racing/625275-whoooop-there-evodan2004-hits-9-9s-149-a.html)

EvoDan2004 Aug 20, 2012 09:04 AM

WHOOOOP there it is. Evodan2004 hits 9.9s @ 149

UPDATE PAGE 5 ''MORE 9S''

What an amazing weekend at the 20TH DSM/EVO shootout. I will start with thanking our soldiers who fight for our freedom. Without you guys/gals we would not be able to do anything like this. Next is David Buschur for holding such a great event. This is my 5th year going to the shootout and my girlfriends second year. We both absolutely love attending the shootout. Now on with the show.

Where do I begin. My girlfriend and I left NJ around 9AM Thursday morning and landed at ''motel 6'' around 430PM. We made great time. Once we got there and settled in we went to eat at Quakersteak & lube. This was my 6th time there and my girlfriend loved it so much last year I wanted to take her again. Let me tell you if you have never been there you really need to try it out. After dinner on the water we went back to the hotel and got ready for the beginning of the shootout Friday morning.

Friday morning we get up and start heading over to Buschurs shop where they where holding a dyno day/car show. As we were walking around a few people came up to introduce themselves to me. Thank you guys for putting a face behind the screen name's on the forums and it was great to meeting you. Also David B. for coming up to me and welcoming me back to the shootout and making my girlfriend feel really welcome at the event.

During Fridays event I planned to throw the car on the dyno but something on the car was acting up. I am not sure what it was but when I left BR's shop the car was clean again. O well no biggie. The car show was awesome and the cars on the dyno where pretty radical. Some of them where mild and some of them where wild. Anyways we left the shop around 3PM because we wanted to get ready for the bonfire that was going to go down around 6pm. We went back to the hotel and chilled out for a little and then headed back to the shop for the bonfire.

At the bonfire the Wakeman Fire Department had a BBQ setup and was giving out food. I want to thank them for there time and attending the event and doing the cooking. It was pretty good. I hope everyone donated to them as it was a fundraiser to support there FD. Lisa and I donated! Thanks again guys and I hope your there again next year. After the bonfire we pretty much went back to the hotel and crashed.

Saturday comes the Autocross. What a fun event this is. I only did 3 runs because I wanted to save the car for Sunday's drag racing. The course was a hell of a lot better then last year but I still wish it was bigger. I did 3 runs from 37 seconds down to 31 but my last run I was disqualified which pissed me off because my second run I told the ''tower'' there are cones down all over which I did not want to be penalized for. They then told me I should stop at the down cones and point to them. I am sorry but I did not come to point at cones. So my 3rd run more cones where down and I seemed to have followed the wrong path and followed the cones off spot pointing in other directions. It is what it is and I really don't care because it was still fun. I understand summit racing provided the field help and are prob new at what they where doing. Lisa came with me on a run because last year she loved it so much she begged me for 365 days to go again. She liked the course as well. Thank you Summit for allowing David to hold the event in a big spot on the parking lot. It definitely made it much more fun. After the auto cross we went and watched some racing and then headed back to the hotel to cool off and to get ready for dinner at Quakersteak & lube again. HAHAH. I told my GF we had to eat there Thursday and sat night. hahah. After we ate we pretty much just hung out at the hotel and mingled around.

SUNDAY. The big day I've been waiting for. After going to bed at 2AM sat night I woke up Sunday morning at about 630AM to get ready. We got ready and I headed to the track. Well I wanted to eat breakfast and also wash the car so we did that before the track. We got to the track at about 845AM. I put the Hoosier tires back on the car and did some check points on the car and everything was perfect. Lisa cleaned the windows and also used a quick detailer spray on the car and wiped the hole car down for me. The car looked absolutely fantastic. She is the best!

So I brought the car to the staging lanes and waited to make a pass. I am in my car thinking way to hard. Anyways I line up and I get set. The car blows the tires off and I ended up lifting off the gas when I shifted and I was attempting to NLTS. Basically it seems if the NLTS is ''on'' and you lift off the gas the car actually shuts off. Once the car came back on I finished the pass. Normally I would just get to the other end softly but i wanted to try the NLTS. So I did a 2 to 4 shift. In this vid you can here the delay in each shift. This is way to long. So we need to lower the timer again on the NLTS. It was at 100 milliseconds. I think 75MS is better.

Here is the vid where you can here how long the NLTS is delayed for

Anyways my second pass i missed 2nd gear trying to NLTS. At this point i was pretty upset with my self. I felt it was going to be a terrible day for me.

3rd pass I shut the NLTS off and wanted to just do my own thing and see what i can do. For anyone who read my clutch engagement issues this also got in my way here. Sometimes it grabs high and sometimes low. Anyways pulling up to the line the clutch is grabbing high and of course I go to stage and it grabs low and I stall the car at the line. Then the damn car wont start. Whatever I got it started and already knew this was going to be a PITA. I clipped off a 10.32 @ 145.

Ok so I get my time slip and i noticed how ****ty my driving is ''as if i didn't already know''. BUT I made a clean pass it it was a start. So lets try again. I netted a 10.17 @ 148.

I get my slip and I look at my 60 foot. It was amazing. 1.70. Yea real good you jerk. WTF Dan. anyway on to the next pass.

Anyways I was advised to maybe try to shift the 1/2 a little shorter. Normally I aim for 8500RPM. This time I tried to hit 8Krpm. I netted a 1.68 60 foot. which is terrible. I have hit several 1.55/59 60s. the 1/2 was slow as usual with me but I don't know I did something right somewhere. I just made it. 9.998 @ 149 with a 1.68 60 foot. I am very happy with this! Finally I can say I drive a 9 second street car. My girl friend is so funny. She sounds so happy then mad then happy. ha. I don't understand why the F bomb was used. haha. Anyways she recorded my 1st 9 second pass and she did an amazing job. I love her so much. here is the vid

and here is the same pass recorded by Billy. ''sorry i do not know your screen name'' thanks a lot for sending me the vid and uploading it. i really appreciate it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbnIG...ature=youtu.be

if anyone has any other vids or pics i would love to have them. thanks to EVERYONE who took pics and vids of my car. it really means a lot to me.

anyways she came running up to me and I couldn't wait to give her a huge ass hug. This is something we both really wanted to happen. Now that the 9.9 mark is off my back I think the stress level will drop and I can now start on improving myself without a burden on my shoulders.

Anyways that is the short end of the story. I want to thank EVERYONE who has either helped me or supported me in my goals.

IveyTune for some kick ass tuning and services. The car runs strong and flawlessly every time. Even after my own mess ups, it keeps going.
Spark Tech Ignitions for the best C.O.P. available and a great friendship.
Full-race for putting up with me and my forever changing idea's. Thanks Geoff. You know you mean a lot to me.
Driven Innovations for one solid and proven intake manifold and a great friendship.
MP-Fab for the custom exhaust, catch cans, future upcoming projects, friendship, laughs, and so much more.
Buschur racing for all the great products I bought and still have over the years and all the tips and help over the years. Also for making me feel welcome at your events and to talk to you even though i do not have 100% BR parts.
CBRD for the best rad, FMIC, and UICP setup I think could ever be built. Its been a great road with you. Thanks
Kiggly racing for all the awesome products I use.
CBRE for the ceramic wheel bearings and tips along the way.
David at Headgames for quick work and treating me very well.
Alex at DogBox racing. I know the shop closed up but I still want to thank you for building me one hell of an engine/drive train. You have been the biggest help over the last 3 years and I am glad we are still friends.

The following also get a special thanks for driving tips, parts tips, and just the overall support. I am sure I missed some and I am sorry but trust me I thank you. Ill use your screen names so everyone knows who is who. HA.

Patrick B.
Evosick2332
Ted B.
BJ@toxicfab
Wheatley
Gary@Mellon
badev0
steve@getpowerhouse
Charlie ''sorry i forget your screen name''
Emery@STM

I know I missed several guys and I feel bad for it. I just cant think right now so I apologize but please know I do thank you for everything!

SO whats next? I want to hit the track and see if i can clip off a 9.8 pass. I know I suck at the 60 foot mark but I have hit much better 60s several times. After that I am buying real tires and going for my all time goal of 9.5s I def will need some driving practice. until then... I'm going to go enjoy my 9 second street car.

Boosted Tuning Aug 20, 2012 09:50 AM

Congrats. Glad you finally got it. I know you have been wanting that 9sec pass for a while. Good Job {thumbup}

ToddRhodes Aug 20, 2012 09:51 AM

Time to update your sig! We saw your car run so many times over the weekend, it was a treat to watch it. Great setup and you're too hard on yourself IMO. Great work man, see you next year!

B.J.@ToxicFab Aug 20, 2012 10:00 AM

Once again, great job man! We need to get to Island soon & get this beast deeper into the 9s!! (BTW its BJ@ToxicFab....haha)

EvoDan2004 Aug 20, 2012 10:02 AM

Originally Posted by Boosted Tuning (Post 10351422)
Congrats. Glad you finally got it. I know you have been wanting that 9sec pass for a while. Good Job {thumbup}

thanks man.

Originally Posted by ToddRhodes (Post 10351426)
Time to update your sig! We saw your car run so many times over the weekend, it was a treat to watch it. Great setup and you're too hard on yourself IMO. Great work man, see you next year!

thank you. its updated. how does that look?

also i want to add i weighed the car. i was dead on with my math. the scale said the car weighed 2780. not to bad for a full street trim. i am happy.

EvoDan2004 Aug 20, 2012 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by B.J.@ToxicFab (Post 10351446)
Once again, great job man! We need to get to Island soon & get this beast deeper into the 9s!! (BTW its BJ@ToxicFab....haha)

thanks man.
going to aim for this weekend. :lol: fixed. i suck at typing.

B.J.@ToxicFab Aug 20, 2012 10:06 AM

Originally Posted by evodan2004 (Post 10351451)
also i want to add i weighed the car. i was dead on with my math. the scale said the car weighed 2780. not to bad for a full street trim. i am happy.

2780lbs + driver correct? So you car is about 30 lbs+/- away from 3000lbs with you in it...it's really not that light at all...So what weight reduction projects do you have lined up for this winter??...:lol:{thumbup}

EvoDan2004 Aug 20, 2012 10:16 AM

Originally Posted by B.J.@ToxicFab (Post 10351472)
2780lbs + driver correct? So you car is about 30 lbs+/- away from 3000lbs with you in it...it's really not that light at all...So what weight reduction projects do you have lined up for this winter??...:lol:{thumbup}

yes i am 195. so 2780 + 195. i know it could be MUCH lighter but for what the car still has i think its as true of a street car one could get. ill make a list of what it still has.

full 100% interior
power windows that work
6 point cage
sunroof
full 100% suspention
stock brake calipers
HID headlights with HID fog lights
full upgraded radio/speakers
front wipers
stock RIMS
nothing cut on the body

and so on.

winter project. yes i have a few idea's. i would like to drop the car to 2700 even. i have some idea's rumbling around in my head.

1QYK9 Aug 20, 2012 10:32 AM

Congrats on getting that 9 second pass! There's definitely room for improvement and quicker times are well within your grasp! Glad to hear you had a great weekend!

boosted91t Aug 20, 2012 10:39 AM

Congrats! I remember seeing your car at Chads, glad you finally hit your goal.

PATRICK B. Aug 20, 2012 10:51 AM

WOOHOO!

RIGHT ON DAN :)

Glad to see you home with the 9 sec slip and the car in good shape.......enjoy the feeling of hard work and effort paying off and knowing that there is still plenty left on the table.....

But for now have fun driving around in your BEAST of a street car man :chug:

Ricekiller81 Aug 20, 2012 10:53 AM

Like I said Via Text Congratz man. Love the Vpro 2step builds up boost so fast off the line. Scares the **** out of me when I try it on my car lol. So happy for you man!!!

itsmrrizz2you Aug 20, 2012 11:02 AM

Good job and nice thread

ProccoEVO Aug 20, 2012 11:34 AM

Congrats. finally 9sec pass. Good Job {thumbup}

EvoDan2004 Aug 20, 2012 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by PATRICK B. (Post 10351572)
WOOHOO!

RIGHT ON DAN :)

Glad to see you home with the 9 sec slip and the car in good shape.......enjoy the feeling of hard work and effort paying off and knowing that there is still plenty left on the table.....

But for now have fun driving around in your BEAST of a street car man :chug:

Pat thanks a lot man. i plan to enjoy it to the fullest. im finally apart of the club. now i need to mingle around in the 9s haha.

Originally Posted by Ricekiller81 (Post 10351576)
Like I said Via Text Congratz man. Love the Vpro 2step builds up boost so fast off the line. Scares the **** out of me when I try it on my car lol. So happy for you man!!!

Originally Posted by boosted91t (Post 10351552)
Congrats! I remember seeing your car at Chads, glad you finally hit your goal.

Originally Posted by 1QYK9 (Post 10351538)
Congrats on getting that 9 second pass! There's definitely room for improvement and quicker times are well within your grasp! Glad to hear you had a great weekend!

Originally Posted by itsmrrizz2you (Post 10351601)
Good job and nice thread

thanks guys.