EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   ECU Flash (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ecu-flash-179/)
-   -   MitsuLogger v1 to be Released this weekend (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ecu-flash/230538-mitsulogger-v1-released-weekend.html)

MalibuJack Oct 21, 2006 03:12 PM

MitsuLogger v1 to be Released this weekend

Okay folks..

MitsuLogger v1 will be released some time this weekend.

Feature wise, its the same as the beta versions some of you have tried. However I have eliminated a few bugs, and streamlined code a bit more.

This is probably one of the fastest sampling loggers you'll find.

I decided to freeze the v1 code and release a fully functional logger that is 100% compatible with Data Log Lab, and you can calculate nearly anything you want in the program using custom requests and it will show up in the log. Is really powerful if your familiar with VBScript you'll love it (its not a full implementation of scripting, that will be in V2)

Issues resolved:

1) On some laptops, the logger would not work with the new 1.29a tactrix Openport drivers

2) If you start logging, stop it, then restart it, or exit the program, it might crash, this has been fixed.

3) Added logic to allow you to restart logging without re-initializing the ECU, this should allow you to stop logging, then come back to it some time later without exiting and restarting the program

4) Screen refreshes happen more frequently, but some scrolling is still sluggish

5) The Logger and display components operate in different threads, therefore the display of the GUI will not affect logging speed

6) Support for Bez Bashni's ECU 2 Byte RequestID mods for Load and other unclipped variables.

7) Support for Bez Bashni's ECU Baud Rate Mod

(this is the only logger compatible with the enhanced logging mods becoming available)

And this is just the V1 release.. v2 is actually been in development in parallel for the past week, but has a ton more features to be announced later in another thread.

Now.. To get the file, you need to be a member of www.aktivematrix.com to download it however its free just like my other tools.

Data Log Lab will also officially be supporting this logger in his next release.

MalibuJack Oct 21, 2006 03:17 PM

Oh, there is one glitch, there are some serial adapters (and some devices out there in general) that use FTDI chipset, which is the same chip as the Tactrix cable uses. This version may have a problem if you have a serial adapter. So far it works on the ones I've tried, but it depends on the order the drivers/ports were loaded, and the version of the drivers. The Openport cable "Should" run off its own isolated drivers, however since there are some shared components, it could conflict. This is a known problem, and should rarely be an issue if you plug the openport cable in before you plug in the Serial adapter.

Wideband logging is not in v1 since it doesn't have the plugin architecture of v2

Ralph Oct 21, 2006 03:17 PM

Which widebands does it support?

MalibuJack Oct 21, 2006 03:18 PM

None yet. When v2 is released you'll very quickly see modules for most of the serial widebands out there. The first I plan on supporting are the TurboXS tuner pro, and PLX devices.

EvoBroMA Oct 21, 2006 03:22 PM

i know how much work you put into this stuff and i don't know about the rest of the EVO community - but i seriously appreciate it!

Thanks!

MalibuJack Oct 21, 2006 03:29 PM

Originally Posted by dexmix
i know how much work you put into this stuff and i don't know about the rest of the EVO community - but i seriously appreciate it!

Thanks!

Your very welcome.. There's that old saying, if you want a job done right, you do it yourself. Although I appreciate the efforts going into other logging tools, they just didn't suit my needs.

I just hope everyone likes the new toy when its ready for download. Some of you have been playing with the beta for awhile and seem to like it despite the glitches they had to deal with during the process.

MalibuJack Oct 21, 2006 03:30 PM

FWIW nearly every popular tuner is using at least one of my tools at this point.. I didn't realize that until recently.

nj1266 Oct 21, 2006 03:42 PM

MJ,

I just want to clarify something. If I do a log with your logger, I can simply read it in the current DataLogLab that I am using? Correct?

MalibuJack Oct 21, 2006 03:46 PM

Yep.. if you add/alter/change any of the data items in the requestid.xml file, then you might have to revise the log definition file for Data Log Lab.

However I do recommend updating to the newest mitsulogger.txt file I posted the other day (I think your already using it actually) since it will be what is packaged with all versions of mitsulogger.

biship Oct 21, 2006 04:10 PM

MalibuJack stop reading forums and go compile!!

992gnt Oct 21, 2006 04:10 PM

Awesome Jack. What would you need to support the Techedge wbo2? I've had it for a while now (before a lot of the others were even on the market), and I really don't want to drop $300 to replace something that works fine. I'm certainly no programmer, but I can probably dig up what you might need if you have time to include it in a future release.

MalibuJack Oct 21, 2006 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by 992gnt
Awesome Jack. What would you need to support the Techedge wbo2? I've had it for a while now (before a lot of the others were even on the market), and I really don't want to drop $300 to replace something that works fine. I'm certainly no programmer, but I can probably dig up what you might need if you have time to include it in a future release.

Programming api, protocol info, documentation, and/or a sample app.. Or of course, if someone can supply me with a unit to work with, hey can't hurt, free parts are always a good motivation for me.. LOL

Rob W. Oct 21, 2006 07:33 PM

Will maptracing be in the v2 release?

MalibuJack Oct 21, 2006 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by Rob W.
Will maptracing be in the v2 release?

Yep, it will be released as a plugin..

MalibuJack Oct 22, 2006 01:37 PM

v1 released...

http://www.aktivematrix.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=75