EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   ECU Flash (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ecu-flash-179/)
-   -   Datalogs of completely stock 05 (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ecu-flash/239158-datalogs-completely-stock-05-a.html)

spdracerut Dec 9, 2006 09:12 PM

Datalogs of completely stock 05

5 Attachment(s)
Got around to doing some complete third gear pulls and partial 4th gear pulls today. On this crap stuff we call gas in So. Cal (Shell 91 Octane, up to 10% ethanol content), I'm getting knock in 3 places: ~4k, ~5k, and ~7k rpms. Hopefully, all of my attachments will work.

Couple observations: the car is able to hit the target load (Boost Desired Engine Load + Boost Offset) more easily in 4th than 3rd gear; makes sense as it essentially has more time to do so. In 3rd gear, the LoadCalc is much more sporadic.

Car overboost/spikes/overloads at ~4k overshooting the target load and then tries to get back to it.

Anyways... here's some of the data and a stock dyno chart.

EDIT: Last time, I inserted images from my google webalbum which apparently doesn't seem to work...
So here are the attachments.

alan678 Dec 9, 2006 09:30 PM

I dont see any files man...

Spec'd Dec 9, 2006 09:33 PM

Please post some charts or cut and paste a log.

Ultimate CC Dec 9, 2006 09:35 PM

what counts were they and please post the actual logs...

silex Dec 10, 2006 02:04 AM

Don't see anything either.

-=SPECTRE=- Dec 10, 2006 02:12 AM

danger to the manifold.

coolguycooz Dec 10, 2006 02:25 AM

ya check to make sure your check manifold light isnt on, also be sure to top off your blinker fluid and re grease your muffler bearings.

spdracerut Dec 10, 2006 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by coolguycooz
ya check to make sure your check manifold light isnt on, also be sure to top off your blinker fluid and re grease your muffler bearings.

All that was good, but my adjustable wing fluid was low! Damnit.

gobagheera Dec 10, 2006 11:30 AM

I'm also running 91 oct here in NV and when my car was completely stock, my highest knock sum was 3 in 3rd and 4th gear pull. I don't think your knocks are dangerous, but seems on the high side for a completely stock car. Maybe my 4200' elevation compared to your 0' has something to do with it?

spdracerut Dec 10, 2006 11:57 AM

Originally Posted by gobagheera
I'm also running 91 oct here in NV and when my car was completely stock, my highest knock sum was 3 in 3rd and 4th gear pull. I don't think your knocks are dangerous, but seems on the high side for a completely stock car. Maybe my 4200' elevation compared to your 0' has something to do with it?

Possibly. Either way, 7-8 knock sums is causing the timing to get pulled a few degrees. I'd rather it be in the 1-2 range! Has to be the timing as the car is running pig rich up at 6.5k-7k rpms (as seen on the dyno chart, or rather, off hte chart) and it's only boosting 1.2 bar up there. Guess I'll be diving into the ignition maps soon.

jcsbanks Dec 10, 2006 12:08 PM

Thanks for the logs, it is rare to see them from a completely stock car.

Would be interesting to see you octane number/value as well, I suspect it won't be 100%.

I'd also be interested to know what low and mid fuel trims it runs completely stock.

coolguycooz Dec 10, 2006 01:32 PM

damn you got this on shell gas? This looks like my logs of my stock 05 on 76 gas. once i put shell in, my knock was way less then that. also was the road you were driving on bumpy or anything like that? Try filling up at a 76, see what happends and let us know.

spdracerut Dec 10, 2006 03:32 PM

I had smooth roads for the 3rd gear pull, and the 4th gear pull was on the 105 which was pretty smooth :)

I took some more data today; I think I got most of a 4th gear pull in and I loaded up 5th gear from around 3k-5k rpms. Good thing for the carpool lane!

I've just sifted through it quickly, and the low, mid, high fuel trim values are a constant 100, 106.25, 123.4375 respectively and stay constant.

The OctaneFlag did change as would be expected when it saw knock; values dropped down into the 98s. Got up to 9 knocksum today.

Oh, and this is in ~65-70 F temps! I'd hate to see what happens in 100 F temps.

JCSbanks, let me know if you want the full excel files, I'll shoot you an email.

Man, I got spoiled on my good ole 93 octane in Florida, the gas out here sucks!

nj1266 Dec 10, 2006 04:20 PM

I would not worry about the 4-3-2-1 KS. Above that are the ones that concern me. I assume your car is 100% stock?

If you can upload the logs, then I will run them in DLL and get you a chart of almost all the data on one sheet. But goos job using excel. Two dimentional graphs rock

jcsbanks Dec 11, 2006 03:49 AM

Thanks spd, don't worry about emailing the log, your post told me all I needed.

I quite like doing plots of logs using the x-y scatter in Excel using RPM vs whatever I'm interesting like baro, knock, timing.