EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   ECU Flash (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ecu-flash-179/)
-   -   Pro tuner using ECU boost control? (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ecu-flash/317711-pro-tuner-using-ecu-boost-control.html)

DCsleeper Jan 9, 2008 04:17 PM

Pro tuner using ECU boost control?

Are there any professional tuners out there that use the ECU boost control tables to regulate boost? I am having a difficult time finding someone with experience using this method in my area.

mplspilot Jan 9, 2008 05:01 PM

Most professional tuners should be able to do it. Plenty on here do it. I dunno about your area..

EvoBroMA Jan 9, 2008 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by DCsleeper (Post 5137676)
Are there any professional tuners out there that use the ECU boost control tables to regulate boost? I am having a difficult time finding someone with experience using this method in my area.

why don't you do it yourself?

DCsleeper Jan 9, 2008 05:10 PM

I have tuned before, but lately I just don't have the time or really feel like messing with the car. I am basically done with the car for awhile so just want someone to finish it quickly. Plus, my area is really not to friendly to road tuning if you know what I mean.

EvoBroMA Jan 9, 2008 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by DCsleeper (Post 5137838)
I have tuned before, but lately I just don't have the time or really feel like messing with the car. I am basically done with the car for awhile so just want someone to finish it quickly. Plus, my area is really not to friendly to road tuning if you know what I mean.

fair enough. I really don't know any tuners in your area. :(

DCsleeper Jan 9, 2008 05:25 PM

Thats cool. I was also wondering why (seems to me at least) that allot of professional tuners don't utilize these functions of the stock ECU. My guess is that it is just easier to tune a MBC. So many less variables to tweak.

Also, leads to my next question. Is there allot to gain by utilizing the stock load based boost controls?

DrivinMissDaisy Jan 9, 2008 05:29 PM

They claim that ECU boost can hold more boost at redline then with a MBC. Plus you keep your ECu safe guards and it is stealth. Ecu boost is my choice. Just have to finish my bolt ons before I mess with that.

In Cali, there are only 2 tuners that know how to tune using ECU boost. That is sad.

DCsleeper Jan 9, 2008 05:34 PM

you think you have it bad. I haven't been able to find one in the surrounding areas of DC, VA, and MD.

I have spoken to one that said they would experiment on thier shop car and let me know if a couple of weeks.

coffeeslug Jan 9, 2008 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by DrivinMissDaisy (Post 5137897)
In Cali, there are only 2 tuners that know how to tune using ECU boost. That is sad.

You'll find that there's more than two if you keep bumping around in here.

Thrilla Jan 9, 2008 05:40 PM

Neighbor

Originally Posted by DCsleeper (Post 5137913)
you think you have it bad. I haven't been able to find one in the surrounding areas of DC, VA, and MD.

I have spoken to one that said they would experiment on thier shop car and let me know if a couple of weeks.

Keep us updated on this. I am also in your area and am looking into ecu controlled boost.

I thought I was the only evo in DC :lol: Good to know I'm not alone {thumbup}

DCsleeper Jan 9, 2008 05:42 PM

Advantages that I have read about are;

-maintain more boost to redline (I know this is true since I could easily hold 21psi at redline with my old UTEC just using duty cycle on a GM solenoid)

-maintain ECU safegaurd (boost cut)

-if setup properly should automatically adjust for temp and humidity swings

-for me, will allow me to utilize my old UTEC to run a different setup if I were to run out of meth at a touch of a button.

Wondering if maintaining higher boost to redline actually equates to more power taking into account timing and afr. Specifically interested if this holds true while spraying meth.

DCsleeper Jan 9, 2008 05:44 PM

Thrilla,

Actually I am in Alexandria, but definetly close to your area.

pltek Jan 9, 2008 07:04 PM

www.franzdiebold.com

Originally Posted by DCsleeper (Post 5137913)

DCsleeper Jan 9, 2008 07:18 PM

thanks for the link. I will definetly look them up.

DTM Jan 9, 2008 07:27 PM

Yup franz in the man. If he is a bit busy you are more than welcome to give us a call.