EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   ECU Flash (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ecu-flash-179/)
-   -   Evoscan not saving Datalogs? (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ecu-flash/352382-evoscan-not-saving-datalogs.html)

Import Junky Jun 18, 2008 07:14 PM

Evoscan not saving Datalogs?

So I just bought a new laptop with Vista and downloaded Evoscan v2.2 I decided to do some logs and everything seemed okay. I "click" playback log and I can play it back. The problem is when I go to the Saved Datalogs folder it only shows the two Sample Logs that came with the software. I figured that something wasn't set up right to save the logs. I decided to used a friends old laptop with XP and it saves them correctly and everything is okay. Is it Vista or am I doing something wrong?

Import Junky Jun 18, 2008 07:17 PM

I've searched through other threads and found nothing specific to my problem. Mind you I'm a complete newb to all of this so bare with me when you guys are asking me questions.

kreionic Jun 18, 2008 07:17 PM

there in there. Its a compatibility thing. If you go to start, computer, programs, etc,, get to evoscan saved datalog folder. At the top of the window theres a compatibility files tab. Hit that and they will show up.

On the flip side after I downloaded service pack 1 for vista it cleared that issue up and i can see them normal now

Import Junky Jun 18, 2008 07:26 PM

Originally Posted by kreionic (Post 5790828)
there in there. Its a compatibility thing. If you go to start, computer, programs, etc,, get to evoscan saved datalog folder. At the top of the window theres a compatibility files tab. Hit that and they will show up.

On the flip side after I downloaded service pack 1 for vista it cleared that issue up and i can see them normal now

Wow I feel like such an idiot. I hate feeling like I just wasted space on this forum creating a thread for such a simple fix. Thanks for your help. {thumbup}

kreionic Jun 18, 2008 07:28 PM

Originally Posted by Import Junky (Post 5790870)
Wow I feel like such an idiot. I hate feeling like I just wasted space on this forum creating a thread for such a simple fix. Thanks for your help. {thumbup}

lol its all good man. It drove me nuts that i couldnt find them either. Then it got annoying going through the pc to find them.

juyanith Jul 4, 2008 09:29 AM

Originally Posted by Import Junky (Post 5790870)

No, this is good info. I had the same issue and did a search to find this thread. You saved me from having to figure it out myself. I even learned something about vista... well, maybe that's not such a good thing. :updown:

dave_evolvix Aug 26, 2008 08:57 AM

Bump. I had this same problem, it was driving me crazy.
Vista w/ Evoscan 2.5

travman Aug 26, 2008 09:00 AM

Also if you go to the graphing in evoscan and open it up it will show the logs in the folder, but if u try looking at the folder through program files they weren't there. (least for me)

evoredy Aug 26, 2008 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by travman (Post 6049660)
Also if you go to the graphing in evoscan and open it up it will show the logs in the folder, but if u try looking at the folder through program files they weren't there. (least for me)

VISTA EvoScan Logs Location:

c:\USERS\<your user name>\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\EvoScan\EvoScan v2.5\SavedDataLogs\

AppData is hidden.

To view hidden files and folders like "AppData:"
In an open file browsing window, go to Tools>Folder Options>"View" Tab>Fill dot next to "Show Hidden Files and Folders" Click "OK" to save.

"AppData" will appear grey, but you can click on it and continue navigating to the logs after you set the aformentioned option.

This is for EvoScan 2.5 on Vista. EDIT: Should work on earlier versions.

Hope this clears it up.:mitsu: