EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   ECU Flash (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ecu-flash-179/)
-   -   MDP questions? ? (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ecu-flash/394575-mdp-questions.html)

Appauldd Jan 21, 2009 08:40 AM

MDP questions? ?

Can the MDP sensor be used to monitor vacuum conditions?

I ask this because I cannot get a vacuum reading. Boost (MDP) in EvoScan reads in the 50s at idle which I know is incorrect because of the vacuum condition at idle.

I assume most of you will tell me to get the JDM MAP sensor and be done with it.

evoredy Jan 21, 2009 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by Appauldd (Post 6595236)
Can the MDP sensor be used to monitor vacuum conditions?

I ask this because I cannot get a vacuum reading. Boost (MDP) in EvoScan reads in the 50s at idle which I know is incorrect because of the vacuum condition at idle.

I assume most of you will tell me to get the JDM MAP sensor and be done with it.

nope. i think all of our sensors are MAP only even the stocker. thats why the map to maf patch is really just a MAF emulator-this misguided me when i originally ported the stuff over.

would be great is there was a two way pressure sensor heh....

correct me if i'm wrong please.

EDIT: please do tell me there is vacume resolution on the JDM 3bar and i'm wrong. if so, i'm buying one right now.

mplspilot Jan 21, 2009 11:57 AM

^MAP sensors measure absolute pressure. From -14.7 and up. Meaning vacuum is seen as pressure by them. So yes there is vacuum resolution, if that's what you're asking about JDM MAP...

OP, stock MDP is a 1 bar, meaning it should show vacuum values.. Maybe Evoscan calculation/address is wrong?

Appauldd Jan 21, 2009 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by mplspilot (Post 6596152)
^MAP sensors measure absolute pressure. From -14.7 and up. Meaning vacuum is seen as pressure by them. So yes there is vacuum resolution, if that's what you're asking about JDM MAP...

OP, stock MDP is a 1 bar, meaning it should show vacuum values.. Maybe Evoscan calculation/address is wrong?

what should the EvoScan calc be???

evoredy Jan 21, 2009 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by mplspilot (Post 6596152)

i never quite understood that. i *thought when the pressure between the vacume source and sensor equalized from negatives to 0psi, then the map sensor would report accurate values after that point to 14.7psi say for a stocker 1bar. i'm seeing this in my logs.

to OP, i get your same issue when logging the MAP with evoscan--i gave up a while ago lol. i'll check this out in detail again tonight.

thanks

tephra Jan 21, 2009 02:35 PM

atmo isn't 0v on the MAP sensor, its like 1.6v.

so anything under 1.6v is considered vacuum.

I dont know what formula to convert -psi into hg/mm (orwhatever vacuum is measured in)

evoredy Jan 21, 2009 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by tephra (Post 6596755)
atmo isn't 0v on the MAP sensor, its like 1.6v.

so anything under 1.6v is considered vacuum.

I dont know what formula to convert -psi into hg/mm (orwhatever vacuum is measured in)

1.6 on a 3bar MAP :)

i have the crappy usdm MAP. it's a hair under 4v or so it says lol.

i tried manipulting the cal tables a while ago to the usdm linear curve, but i still couldn't get proper vacume tunability [with bez's code]. i'll try again as maybe i gave up too quick lol.

l2r99gst Jan 21, 2009 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by tephra (Post 6596755)

Multiply psi by 2.036 (or to make it simple, just 2) to get in. hg.

Appauldd Jan 21, 2009 07:29 PM

My question still remains......what should the proper calculation be set as in EvoScan for reading the MDP???

tephra Jan 21, 2009 07:42 PM

depends on the MDP. what one is it?

Appauldd Jan 21, 2009 07:44 PM

Originally Posted by tephra (Post 6597986)
depends on the MDP. what one is it?

Stock

The reason for my request is because I am working on the MAP to MAF patch. I have my car running pretty well but I cannot get accurate with VE if I don't have accurate vacuum.

tephra Jan 21, 2009 07:54 PM

what the 1bar version?

Appauldd Jan 21, 2009 07:56 PM

Originally Posted by tephra (Post 6598022)
what the 1bar version?

Yes.

I am also running the 94170015 with your 5.10 mods. You really are the man!{thumbup}

tephra Jan 21, 2009 08:09 PM

hrmm not sure what the scaling for the 1bar map sensor is. actually isn't it in evoscan already?

Appauldd Jan 21, 2009 08:11 PM

Thats the problem. I cannot get a vacuum reading. The Boost(MDP) setting in EvoScan never goes negative. At idle it hovers in the 30s.