EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   ECU Flash (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ecu-flash-179/)
-   -   Mitsulogger v2.0 Beta 1a Released (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ecu-flash/424135-mitsulogger-v2-0-beta-1a-released.html)

MalibuJack May 30, 2009 05:21 PM

Mitsulogger v2.0 Beta 1a Released

http://www.aktivematrix.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=480

See the thread, this is just a maintainence release to support 64 bit OS's and other minor bug fixes.

The file is attached to the post as its not an "Official Release" in the download library. If I recall, the you'll need to be logged in to download the file (or see the attachment link).

WRC-LVR May 30, 2009 06:52 PM

Welcome back MalibuJack !!

Milburn

fugiwara May 30, 2009 07:04 PM

nice I'll give it a try, I am not having any luck w/ my evoscan on my vista 64 bit

MR Turco May 30, 2009 07:06 PM

omg i cant wait to test!

fugiwara May 30, 2009 07:39 PM

I am new to Mitsulogger, I just d/l the v2.0 and hook it up to my evo and it works, it responds a lot faster than evoscan (amazed)

do I have to extract all files to program files x86? I am using vista 64 bit

how come the logs looks all wrong???

is this plug and play?

MalibuJack May 30, 2009 07:52 PM

All the files are required, their support files and whatnot so you have to extract them all. I'm not quite sure what you mean that the logs look Odd. I have tested to make sure the formulas are working fairly well, but until someone says otherwise I cannot be 100% sure its working properly.

You do have to make sure the app isn't in demo mode, sometimes if the cable isn't detected it will go into demo mode and it generates random values just to test the logging formulas.

fugiwara May 30, 2009 07:56 PM

yes, I am getting random values, so how do I get out off demo mode? I uncheck the demo mode box

fugiwara May 30, 2009 08:01 PM

do I have to start the car first and connect the cable then run the mitsulogger?

MalibuJack May 30, 2009 08:01 PM

No, the car doesn't have to be running, but the cable does have to be plugged into your computer before launching it, to make sure it sees your cable, make sure its selected and uncheck the demo mode. Typically if the cable isn't plugged in to the PC when you launch it, it won't see it (but you can redetect it if necessary)

fugiwara May 30, 2009 08:10 PM

I just connect the cable put the key in, the status window didn't say anything (its empty) but when i click start logging I get error message saying "unhandled exception.... blah blah"

MalibuJack May 30, 2009 08:14 PM

Try running the app as an administrator (right click and run as administrator) see if that helps.. But if the error is happening with both apps, then it sounds like it might be a driver issue or something with the .net library. If one works and the other doesn't, then it could be specifically an app problem. If you didn't already figure it out, the engine should already be running before you try to start logging.

fugiwara May 30, 2009 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by MalibuJack (Post 7116736)
Try running the app as an administrator (right click and run as administrator) see if that helps.. But if the error is happening with both apps, then it sounds like it might be a driver issue or something with the .net library. If one works and the other doesn't, then it could be specifically an app problem.

I just run the app as an administrator.... still get the same error msg

fugiwara May 30, 2009 08:18 PM

I just don't understand how it can work for your vista 64 not mine? we all use the same OS sold by microsoft

I thought it doesn't use .NET program?

MalibuJack May 30, 2009 08:22 PM

In your case, I don't think the issue is due to a 64bit OS, This version of Mitsulogger was built and tested in Vista x64 and Windows 7 64 bit.

fugiwara May 30, 2009 08:24 PM

is it b/c I extract the files wrong?

here is what I did, I double click the mistulogger app icon and a window pops out ask me to extract it. I extract it to the folder I created under program files x86 and then I double click the mitsulogger icon and the interface pops up