EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   ECU Flash (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ecu-flash-179/)
-   -   Evo 7 communication issues (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ecu-flash/556329-evo-7-communication-issues.html)

evo7vii May 17, 2011 10:28 AM

Evo 7 communication issues

Hey fellow Evom memebers, i know that i am gonna be flamed for asking what i am gonna ask but i searched alot and read alot with no luck.

I have a 2001 evo7 that i wanna start tuning myself, after learing alot from this forum, but i am having a couple of issues.

1. I cant get ecuflash to read my rom. Ive tried multiple versions many times with no luck with everytime having the same msg "cant connect to interface". I am using a 1.3u cable thats working with no problems with evoscan. I even can download my rom through evoscan with no issues.

2. I wanna use tephra's rom for my evo but will start with copying my existing fuel, timing and other important maps before actually start to miss with the tune. How can i copy my maps with regular scaling load cells to tephra's larger maps? Couldnt do that and when i try copying i end up with a single verticale loads with incorrect numbers.

Again sorry if my questions have been asked before, and i am sure they have been, but i couldnt for the life of me find a clear answer. Would really appreciate the help guys.

Benja May 17, 2011 01:42 PM

- If going from a stock rom, to V7 big maps, then you can use the bigmap converter file in the V7 thread in ECUflash section.
- I would suggest starting with retuning the factory ROM, or if you must mod, then the TephraV5.10 of 90550001. Its much easier to get a grips on tuning with the smaller resolution, as the bigmaps can get out of hand pretty easy if you aren't all that experienced.

evo7vii May 17, 2011 04:03 PM

yeah i was going with the 90550001 v5.10 rom but opted the use the V7 for the availability of launching maps.

i guess i should start with it since larger maps are a bit difficult to handle at my stage, but what about the problem that am having with ecuflash and not being able to read roms.....any ideas??

Benja May 18, 2011 05:12 AM

Have the correct XML installed?

evo7vii May 18, 2011 06:21 AM

Yup, but the issues is not being able to link ecuflach with the car at all.

RoadSpike May 18, 2011 09:08 AM

Try ecuflash 1.29a and see if the problem is the interface key.

evo7vii May 18, 2011 04:37 PM

on 1.29a its working...... what should i do to run the latest ecuflash rather than using the 1.29a???

RoadSpike May 18, 2011 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by evo7vii (Post 9329907)
on 1.29a its working...... what should i do to run the latest ecuflash rather than using the 1.29a???

I'd just be guessing but perhaps you have a cable which doesn't have a proper license key. If you don't your sort of stuck with the 1.29a or you'll end up buying a key license which is the same as buying the cable again.

evo7vii May 18, 2011 05:04 PM

hmmmm.....well i guess i could always use evoscan to upload and download roms.

Would the 1.29a ecuflash work with tephra mods???

RoadSpike May 18, 2011 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by evo7vii (Post 9329970)
hmmmm.....well i guess i could always use evoscan to upload and download roms.

Would the 1.29a ecuflash work with tephra mods???

Should be fine.