EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   ECU Flash (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ecu-flash-179/)
-   -   EcuFlash definitions (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ecu-flash/604690-ecuflash-definitions.html)

megali_6969 Mar 28, 2012 06:40 AM

EcuFlash definitions

Just scanned my evo VII JDM gsr for the first time

not sure what definitions suit my car.

i tried various .xml's which are apparently for an evo VII and the only one that would let me open my .hex in ecuflash was 98640014.xml

this appeared to be the correct definition but all my values appear screwed up.

my axis for my fuel maps are not rpm and load, they are random numbers in the 100,000's

my speed limiter, rev limiter, stationary limiter, are all skewed values which make no utter sense...

ideas ?

thanks

todd6027 Mar 28, 2012 01:13 PM

1 Attachment(s)
add these to your rommetdata file in ecuflash

merlin.oz Mar 28, 2012 05:29 PM

your jdm7 is almost certainly 98640014, so you just need better def file.
what todd sent should get you going, make sure you copy it into the same location as the hex rom file etc.

burgers22 Mar 29, 2012 01:40 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This is my most up to date xml for 98640014 ( likely to be the same as todds, but just in case). Most of us have changed to 90550001, especially one of the tephra versions of this ROM

megali_6969 Apr 4, 2012 07:08 AM

your help is much appreciated...

i have run through the whole rom, resized fuel and ignition maps with the excel file i believe im very close

questions:

1. as i did a comparison between my factory rom and the tephra v7 (template 90550701) i didnt quite understand the main boost settings and global boost settings... (FYI, running factory turbo and boost with no EBC so id like to lift it fractionally) but alas i got lost comparing it to the factory style maps

multiple maps have been merged to one set of "desired" & "WGDC" and my values dont match...

2. secondly i made a small assumption that tephra had the correct values for boost for a factory setup. ..e.g. mine. so i went and threw the tune on my car,
(yes i did the FFFF immobiliser code) but i get no start, just cranks and cranks the starter and i get no start.....

i read about the valet mode bug, i had it off initally and then i flashed the ecu again with it on and tried turning it on and off.. once again nothing...

anyone care to shed some light on the situation

im so close yet so far

megali_6969 Apr 6, 2012 12:52 AM

bump

burgers22 Apr 6, 2012 01:38 AM

Email me your V7 ROM and your stock ROM and I'll go through them. Will be quicker than trying to work it out remotely. I'll let you know what the problem is ( hopefully!).

megali_6969 Apr 6, 2012 05:47 AM

Originally Posted by burgers22 (Post 10082807)
Email me your V7 ROM and your stock ROM and I'll go through them. Will be quicker than trying to work it out remotely. I'll let you know what the problem is ( hopefully!).

Will do... Not at my tuning lappy ATM

Thanks plenty