EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   ECU Flash (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ecu-flash-179/)
-   -   Weird issue with XML's, table's and tuner seeing different things on the same ROM (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ecu-flash/718392-weird-issue-xmls-tables-tuner-seeing-different-things-same-rom.html)

SmurfZilla Sep 1, 2015 07:57 PM

Weird issue with XML's, table's and tuner seeing different things on the same ROM

My tuner and I are seeing some weird behavior with my ROM. WHen he sends the ROM to me with his edits it seems to kill my AC compressor at idle and also has the car running hot on the hwy (but fine on stop and go traffic). When I create a new base rom, copy his settings over to the new ROM and flash it.......everything works fine.

When I send him the ROM I have created it appears some of the tables he has are different then what he sent me even though I use the compare feature in ecuflash to edit.

A perfect example of this is he is seeing that my SD MAP Sensor VE and Calibration table is showing the 1st 4 fields are 1:1 ratio. When I open his ROM the numerical value is different.

Has anyone EVER seen this issue before? I gotta imagine with the amount of email tuning happening on this site someone else has seen this before?!

Fast_Freddie Sep 3, 2015 05:51 AM

Smurf, I sent Jason my XML package over the weekend, as we think his is corrupt...

Originally Posted by SmurfZilla (Post 11501287)
My tuner and I are seeing some weird behavior with my ROM. WHen he sends the ROM to me with his edits it seems to kill my AC compressor at idle and also has the car running hot on the hwy (but fine on stop and go traffic). When I create a new base rom, copy his settings over to the new ROM and flash it.......everything works fine.

When I send him the ROM I have created it appears some of the tables he has are different then what he sent me even though I use the compare feature in ecuflash to edit.

A perfect example of this is he is seeing that my SD MAP Sensor VE and Calibration table is showing the 1st 4 fields are 1:1 ratio. When I open his ROM the numerical value is different.

Has anyone EVER seen this issue before? I gotta imagine with the amount of email tuning happening on this site someone else has seen this before?!

SmurfZilla Sep 3, 2015 09:10 AM

Originally Posted by Fast_Freddie (Post 11501975)
Smurf, I sent Jason my XML package over the weekend, as we think his is corrupt...

Yeah apparently 1.44 has been problematic for some folks. I just re-installed 1.42 and late on this year I will just say **** it and buy an AEM

wreckleford Sep 3, 2015 09:11 AM

If his xml map sensor scaling is set differently to yours the values will show differently.

SmurfZilla Sep 3, 2015 10:44 AM

It wasn't just that. There was XML corruption going for them. When I compared maps and would make them look the same when they would look at it, it wouldn't look identical.

Fast_Freddie Sep 6, 2015 06:09 PM

2014 Evo X code was causing all the issues...

SmurfZilla Sep 7, 2015 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by Fast_Freddie (Post 11503491)
2014 Evo X code was causing all the issues...

Your ****ting me? How?