Notices
ECU Flash

2 Step Map Definition

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2006, 07:21 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by b0ostedEV08
There will be new ones, we were adding them to the definitions today. Just need to finish them up.
I can indeed attest to this.. I was on the phone a few nights back discussing which of new parameters would be most useful..
Old May 12, 2006, 07:25 AM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by DynoFlash
No rush man

Its a great product

If you cans can find the collant temprature enrichment it would be really cool

Also - ability to turn off the 0300 code cel and the read 02 sensor cel - these matters have been consuming my time for months to no avail
Funny you mention that, some of these parameters require more deep decoding of how the CEL functions worked but they also came up in conversation since the rear 02 sensor, and P0300 code are two that people seem to have the most problem with.
Old May 12, 2006, 07:28 AM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by b0ostedEV08
Oh that map you were talking about above. So were you going to put a subroutine in the ROM yourself for this new function? First step, you should get a disassembler to disect the ROM and understand how your ECU works, then maybe you can put features in the way you like. I am currently working on full disecting this ROM. About 45% done. Should take me another 6 months to go through all 885 SUBROUTINES in the EVO 8!!!
I'm actually looking forward to this part, since I have the ability to write code, but no patience to disassemble things, once there's some documented reverse engineered code, I'd be more than willing to contribute some of my ideas for "Program segments"

Have you had the chance to look at the code for the MUT Diagnostic output stream? Figuring out how its formatted and how its triggered would help Donour alot in his quest to build a logger that can sample much faster than OBD-II..
Old May 12, 2006, 07:31 AM
EvoM Guru

one idea I had for example was adding code that can trigger a 0 or 255 value in the long term octane value cell, so you can forcibly switch between maps.. On the 03 and 04 ECU, that could be done with the switched input for the Intercooler sprayer..
Old May 12, 2006, 08:11 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MalibuJack
I'm actually looking forward to this part, since I have the ability to write code, but no patience to disassemble things, once there's some documented reverse engineered code, I'd be more than willing to contribute some of my ideas for "Program segments"

Have you had the chance to look at the code for the MUT Diagnostic output stream? Figuring out how its formatted and how its triggered would help Donour alot in his quest to build a logger that can sample much faster than OBD-II..
That is what I use... MUT III to help develop the datalogger, and getting th axis scaling factors for the maps.
Old May 12, 2006, 09:36 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by MalibuJack
one idea I had for example was adding code that can trigger a 0 or 255 value in the long term octane value cell, so you can forcibly switch between maps.. On the 03 and 04 ECU, that could be done with the switched input for the Intercooler sprayer..
I know al can make dual maps?
Old May 12, 2006, 09:37 AM
Evolving Member

Also If anyone can write up just a tutorial of disassembling 1 evo subroutine i can get a jumpstart into the rest.

I code in c# daily, have made things in c++/c and dealt with a little bit of low level memory location / reversing type stuff. My only lacking skill is not knowing the actual assembly language.
Old May 12, 2006, 09:53 AM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by Agent-Smith
If I recall, thats different, I think he's rescaling the sensor so the higher boost has a few columns for tuning, and then he tunes a low boost map in a lower column.. so you have a 23psi tune in a set of lower boost cells, and the high boost map in a higher set of columns.. Its actually pretty common to see this type of tuning in other cars and using standalones where you might run different boost levels and not have the luxury of easily switching maps.
Old May 12, 2006, 09:57 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Agent-Smith
Not really. He just sets the maps up with differnt tunes dependant on what load range the engine is running. Lower boost will run in a lower load range... turn up the boost and you're running the tables in a differnent area/range. So, it's not really duel maps. No offense Al, I hear it works great.
Old May 12, 2006, 05:18 PM
Evolved Member

I am just hoping that new parameters can be found which can help improve my ability to tune these cars.

Al
I was kind of hoping to see some new parameters unlocked that I may not have already . . . .
that should be a two way street. how about you share some of your info...
Old May 12, 2006, 05:27 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Al uses EcuTek. I don't think its his info to share? and as far as i know he's been good about sharing what he can.
Old May 12, 2006, 06:20 PM
EvoM Guru

He uses both Techtom and EcuTek, but there may be a nondisclosure clause in his license to use EcuTek or Techtom so he might not be able to share.. I'm sure he will if he can.
Old May 12, 2006, 06:47 PM
Evolved Member

I believe that Al uses Techtom more frequently than EcuTek. Mine was done twice with Techtom...as far as my probing eyes could tell.

Last edited by chmodlf; May 12, 2006 at 06:49 PM.
Old May 12, 2006, 07:23 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by AlwaysinBoost
that should be a two way street. how about you share some of your info...
I am sharing info every day on these forums on a whole host of subjects
Old May 13, 2006, 03:17 PM
Evolved Member

I am sharing info every day on these forums on a whole host of subjects
It would be perfectly understandable if Al did not share ANY info on the subject of ECU flashing. Unlike most of us, this is how he makes his living.

I do think that he is smart enough to realize that with EcuFlash the price barrier that exsisted before with the TechToms EcuTecs, etc. is now gone and that he has to embrace the new business paradigm.

Last edited by chmodlf; May 13, 2006 at 06:32 PM.

Quick Reply: 2 Step Map Definition