Notices
ECU Flash

2003 first allocation stock rom?

Old May 15, 2006, 01:56 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 first allocation stock rom?

What up folks?

So I placed my cable order yesterday and I can't wait for it to show up to start poking around. Like Jack, I have a Utec as well with tuna pro and map sensor so i suppose I don't really need to mess with the ecu... but then again I didn't NEED an evo in the first place...

Anyone got a unflashed image from a first alocation 03? The few roms that I have looked at from open ecu looks very different from each other. There seemed to be quite a difference in fuel and timing maps between 04 and 05 so I'm very interested in taking a look at an unmodified 03 rom. If you have one you can P.M. me for my gmail account.

Once I get my cable I will be happy to offer mine up for others to take a look at.
Old May 19, 2006, 11:12 AM

Exclamation Unmodded 03 ROM

I just ordered my cable today and when I get it, I'll be making a backup of my ECU!
I picked up my Evo back in August of '03 and haven't had any changes made to it.
I'll post that bad boy up when I get it done!
Old May 19, 2006, 11:42 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by mad_VIII
What up folks?

So I placed my cable order yesterday and I can't wait for it to show up to start poking around. Like Jack, I have a Utec as well with tuna pro and map sensor so i suppose I don't really need to mess with the ecu... but then again I didn't NEED an evo in the first place...

Anyone got a unflashed image from a first alocation 03? The few roms that I have looked at from open ecu looks very different from each other. There seemed to be quite a difference in fuel and timing maps between 04 and 05 so I'm very interested in taking a look at an unmodified 03 rom. If you have one you can P.M. me for my gmail account.

Once I get my cable I will be happy to offer mine up for others to take a look at.
The 03 roms on openecu are stock roms. Mitsubishi had a few updates in 03, so the compiler they use will push the data down a couple addresses. They are all stock ROMS.
Old May 19, 2006, 12:14 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
So the 03's had the same fuel map for both high and low octane?
Old May 19, 2006, 02:57 PM
Former Sponsor

No, maybe the wrong ROM was posted. I'll check it out. But I do have stock 03 ROMs, even version 94170015 which is the latest one.
Old May 19, 2006, 03:46 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Yeah that ROM did not look stock. Could you PM me a stock 03 ROM. Thanks. I need to order a cable!
Old May 19, 2006, 03:52 PM
Evolved Member

I'm also VERY interested in the latest stock 03 ROM.

Jason could you please post here or on openecu.org?
Old May 19, 2006, 05:27 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
My car has a completely stock original allocation 03 Rom.. I'll post it later when I dig it up.
Old May 19, 2006, 05:36 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by MalibuJack
My car has a completely stock original allocation 03 Rom.. I'll post it later when I dig it up.
Thanks
Old May 20, 2006, 05:26 AM
EvoM Guru

okay.. This is from an Evo which has seen NO TSB Updates to the ECU (no P0300 codefix or anything) this ECU is an OEM Rom from 2002 (The ECU is dated december 2002) for a 2003 USDM Model..

I reset the Immobilizer code to FFFF for two reasons, one for my personal security, two, to force anyone trying to use it to remember to update their immobilizer code before flashing to an ECU.

I discovered a small bug in the process of changing the Immobilizer code, you can't make HEX entries for Hex fields.. it requires an integer value (either signed or unsigned) in the d= field.. (I had to put in 65536 to get FFFF)

Here is the file..

http://www.aktivematrix.com/UTEC/03Evo-Stock.zip

If the mods can bump the upload size to 125k from 100k it'll make putting these roms online easier.. the average size of the roms is 118k zipped...
Old May 20, 2006, 08:09 AM

Thanks for putting the stock Rom MalibuJack.
Old May 21, 2006, 10:52 AM
Evolving Member

I found MalibuJack's Knock Sensor Filter 1 map value were shifted to the right by 1 column compare to my map, but the rest of teh othe rknock tables are the same as mine. Not that I was going to change it, but I was just curious if there were any differences between my version 94170014 and Jack's.
Old May 21, 2006, 02:11 PM
EvoM Guru

Its not surprising to see differences in early rom's with the same internal ID I just hope its nothing too drastic.. All I know for certain is that My car was a first allocation Evo (East Coast), and that it was never reflashed by the dealer for any ECU issue. (It never got any of the later TSB updates such as the fan controller and others) but It did get the Tranny service TSB and the wiring harnes Gasket TSB... I have not brought the car back to Mitsubishi since then.
Old May 21, 2006, 02:16 PM
EvoM Guru

Ohh, and for what its worth, you guys should dissect that rom pretty closely, the rom in my car never threw a P0300 code, never had any major issues, and always ran a bit stronger than other cars.. Its likely due to the engine in my car, but it can't hurt to closely compare it to other ROMs (I have been doing it on occasion, but Its easy for me to miss things with the free time I don't have.. )

Last edited by MalibuJack; May 21, 2006 at 02:18 PM.
Old May 21, 2006, 03:11 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by MalibuJack
Its not surprising to see differences in early rom's with the same internal ID I just hope its nothing too drastic.. All I know for certain is that My car was a first allocation Evo (East Coast), and that it was never reflashed by the dealer for any ECU issue. (It never got any of the later TSB updates such as the fan controller and others) but It did get the Tranny service TSB and the wiring harnes Gasket TSB... I have not brought the car back to Mitsubishi since then.
I compared this ROM to a west coast car and it was the same.

I got it loaded on my EVO now, thank MJ for providing the ROM, If I get to meet you in person some time, I owe you a

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2003 first allocation stock rom?