Notices
ECU Flash

Maf Scaling??

Old Jun 1, 2006, 08:12 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Maf Scaling??

Ok I am trying to figure out the MAF scaling. I searched and did not come up with anything.

I would think this would be more talked about then it is. MAF Scaling will change the AFR of what comes out your tailpipe to what you have in your fuel table.

The load value is in units do these units directly corilate to the load% in the fuel table?

The maf scaler has 21 different columns of load

Where the fuel has 18 columns

so would 16384 = 260% load? do they even correlate

I really think that without proper MAF calibration that your cars fuel map will be all over the place.

And even if I can edit it how am I supposed to log that? Log the Hz that the ECU sees and modify it until the number in my fuel map is close to wait comes up on the wideband?

Ben
Old Jun 1, 2006, 09:51 PM
Evolved Member

There is absoultely no info about this. I am still trying to figure that out by experimenting with it.
Anyway, MAF value can't be translated like that.the load is dependent of RPM range. for example, you can't flow 1600hz on 3500 rpm it will be more like 800 hz max but your load value might go over 260% there.
Old Jun 1, 2006, 10:37 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well hopefully the new version will have some way to predict what cell block your in lol like load in psi or kpa or something else, but I am sure they are working on it so I guess we just need to be patient.
Old Jun 1, 2006, 11:20 PM
Evolved Member

it may be an adaptation figure that we will need to see for that
Old Jun 2, 2006, 08:34 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
I think it correlates the relationship of airflow to VE and I think the MAF size parameter also directly impacts how the value of this table is used against the maps.. But like a few have said, its all trial and error at the moment and there is no real "Tech" info out there.
Old Jun 2, 2006, 08:43 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by taenaive
There is absoultely no info about this. I am still trying to figure that out by experimenting with it.
Anyway, MAF value can't be translated like that.the load is dependent of RPM range. for example, you can't flow 1600hz on 3500 rpm it will be more like 800 hz max but your load value might go over 260% there.

Its a ratio, 150hz/2000rpm 2000hz/8000rpm etc.. There's probably a simplified ratio that it uses to determine what cell it goes into, and then the calibration table and maf size value is used to adjust it accordingly

For instance, if the MAF was smaller, the value would read higher, however the amount of air actually passing through is lower.. then the table would be used to correct for anomolous values or different needs at different load/rpm points.
Old Jun 2, 2006, 05:28 PM
Evolved Member

I think it may be a varable in the system that alows them to use different size/part supliers mafs like they have injector scaling. the load units look like they are in hz however I dont believe there is a direct correlation to rpm other than the higher the r's the more air flow the higher the hz coming from the karmen vortex maf, the adjustable row looks like it could be a modification amount to the base hz signal, multiplier or divisible into, add or subtract to get a # that the ecm uses to calculate load. I think it would be more likley to be a divisable than any thing to drop that hz signal to a smaller #. This is just a theory and not to be used in any real life tuning adjustments unless somebody that actualy knows what they are doing can confirm or tell me my guess is wrong
Old Jun 3, 2006, 09:12 AM
Evolving Member

Yeah I will play with it when I get my car on the dyno and post my findings. Thanks for the info

Ben