Notices
ECU Flash

post your maps here

Search this Thread

Old Jul 2, 2006, 09:27 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
^^^If someone posts the dynoflash map the **** will hit the fan. Al will freak!!!
Old Jul 2, 2006, 09:35 AM
Evolved Member

Received 45 Likes on 41 Posts
Yea Al's pretty serious about not posting his work like that. I didnt mean to seem like Al's flash was bad but cause I can feel a hell of a difference from the stock map. I just want it to be safe in case I get some crap gas or somthing else screws up and I have to run in the lo maps.
Old Jul 2, 2006, 09:55 AM
Evolved Member

I have several different dynoflash maps for the VIII & IX, its kind of hard to compare the two because there aren't really the same ECU. One has more features to adjust then the other so you can't really get an apples to apples comparison.

As far as the "approach" to tuning the IX differently though, there is no desernable difference that I can tell... its a 4g63 engine with a turbo. I'm no professional tuner by any means but sounds to me like its just another sales tatic.
Old Jul 2, 2006, 10:17 AM
Evolved Member

Received 45 Likes on 41 Posts
UH OH Its getting hot in here. Be careful guys you all are to important to the community to get banned from here. Not like it would effect your buissness just are learning.

My high octane and high ignition maps are very simalar to the ones shiv posted. I cant post mine cause its not legal to do so. But the Ignition thing for 160 and 260 are the same 8 in mine

Last edited by gsrboi80; Jul 2, 2006 at 10:26 AM.
Old Jul 2, 2006, 10:24 AM
Evolved Member

Thanks for the info, shiv! It's good to know what NOT to do if I attempt my own tuning with EcuFlash.
Old Jul 2, 2006, 10:34 AM
Evolved Member

Hey Shiv could you provide us with some answers/clues how the load is calculated. No one has yet been able to provide a definitive answer to the formula/algorithm. Pretty please ...
Old Jul 2, 2006, 10:50 AM
AMS
Former Sponsor

I've also had a lot of 8's on the dyno with Tuner 'A' flash in them, and i've heard audible knock and or seen vaporized pieces of piston tops deposit themselves on the spark plug tip.... Just the fact here.
Old Jul 2, 2006, 10:55 AM
AMS
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by DynoFlash
Trust me, there is a lot of things going on inside the stock ecu which you and your tuner do not fully comprehened

This is why your car pulls timing for no apparent reason

(the reason is apparent to me as I have been doing this for 3 years and having been trained by some of the world's foremost stcok ecu experts)

While my maps may not meet your standards, they have in fact been specifically set up to avcod the pit falls that you have been experiencing - and other problems which pop up when you start trying to make a lot of of power on a stock ecu with maf sensor

There are reasons for every single thing that is done in my maps

In any event, this smear campaign is growing old and I have better things to do this weekend than argue on the internet

Best regards

What took you a very long time to figure out (like you said in your post before), has taken Markus literaly no time to figure out. The community got together and we started to share a little info and it's not that hard.
Nobody is smearing you, especially not me. I haven't posted any of your maps at all or said Dynoflash tuning is bad. I'm just making reference to the flashes I've seen out there on my customers cars... I'm not saying they are your flashes, that's for the public/customer to disclose.

And I've known how a knock sensor worked probably way before you even got into modifying cars.
Old Jul 2, 2006, 11:23 AM

are you guys (AMS) doing flashes via ECU Flash or anything yet? I read a while back you were going to be doin flashes but i was curious what the updates were....guess I should post this in the AMS forums but oh well
Old Jul 2, 2006, 11:25 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by chmodlf
Hey Shiv could you provide us with some answers/clues how the load is calculated. No one has yet been able to provide a definitive answer to the formula/algorithm. Pretty please ...
I'll do my best. Calculated load is largely a function of RPM and MAF freq. I'd be lying if I said that I knew what the exact formula is. However, such knowledge isn't really necessary. And if you really wanted to, you could figure it out without too much work. Mitsu does a nice job of correlating MAF and RPM into calculated manifold pressure (calc. load, ie.. X axis on the fuel/spark adv tables). A load cell of "260" is approx. 2.6 bar of absolute pressure or 1.6bar of boost. But I'm probably not revealing anything new here
Old Jul 2, 2006, 12:11 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Holy crap I got a mail in flash a while back and my timing map looks exactly the same with a whole bunch of 8's. I let my local tuner here see that and he made me take that map out haha. That is crazy. I have seen a few good tuners on the dyno and never seen timing numbers lined up like that and if you look at the stock timing map it has a step retard to it for every given load value. What are the mods on that timing map shiv just curious to see if it is the same my mail in flash was for.

Last edited by Speedlimit; Jul 2, 2006 at 02:58 PM.
Old Jul 2, 2006, 12:44 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by shiv@vishnu
I'll do my best. Calculated load is largely a function of RPM and MAF freq. I'd be lying if I said that I knew what the exact formula is. However, such knowledge isn't really necessary. And if you really wanted to, you could figure it out without too much work. Mitsu does a nice job of correlating MAF and RPM into calculated manifold pressure (calc. load, ie.. X axis on the fuel/spark adv tables). A load cell of "260" is approx. 2.6 bar of absolute pressure or 1.6bar of boost. But I'm probably not revealing anything new here
Thanks
Old Jul 2, 2006, 02:05 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by chmodlf
^^^If someone posts the dynoflash map the **** will hit the fan. Al will freak!!!
There is no "the" dyno flash map

I have hundreds of different maps set up for various applications

Many of them are set of differently for different fuels, mods and intended applications - the reasons and methods I use, I do not care to discuss for obvious reasons

IMHO what matters is how the map works IN the car
Old Jul 2, 2006, 02:25 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by DynoFlash
There is no "the" dyno flash map

I have hundreds of different maps set up for various applications

Many of them are set of differently for different fuels, mods and intended applications - the reasons and methods I use, I do not care to discuss for obvious reasons

IMHO what matters is how the map works IN the car
I do understand the concept that you use different maps for different mods, conditions, etc. I was mearly stating as I understood it that we were not supposed to post any "pro tuner" maps/ROMS on this forum. In other words I was defending your turf...

As you aware, by looking at maps you can decern styles of different tuners--i.e. flat high and low octane maps, adds more fuel here takes away there, does not touch maps in this area wheras so-and-so does, tends to run agressive timing in this area, etc.
If you do not mind having maps put up here the "non pros" could learn alot

BTW What is your take on the load calculation? We want to put a load value in our datalogger. If we knew the exact algorithm we could add that to the output of the logs.

Last edited by chmodlf; Jul 2, 2006 at 02:35 PM.
Old Jul 2, 2006, 02:57 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by gsrboi80
UH OH Its getting hot in here. Be careful guys you all are to important to the community to get banned from here. Not like it would effect your buissness just are learning.

My high octane and high ignition maps are very simalar to the ones shiv posted. I cant post mine cause its not legal to do so. But the Ignition thing for 160 and 260 are the same 8 in mine
I enjoy my participation and involvement in the evolution community too much to allow myself to be dragged into yet another one of these kind of discussisons

I have nothing negative to say about any other tuner's work

Any customers who wish to discuss these issues with me please PM me or email and I will be happy to discuss it with you

I will not participate further in this discussion

Quick Reply: post your maps here