Notices
ECU Flash

ECUFlash Dyno Day

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2006, 07:31 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ECUFlash Dyno Day

I've been throwing around the idea of getting a group people together and renting a dyno for the day. there is a place by me with an AWD dynojet called philly dyno works http://www.phillydynoworks.com/ . Last time I checked it was about 650 for the day but don't quote me on that price as it says on their site *call for group rates*.

I think it would be interesting to see everyones results. Like most people I don't know a whole lot about tuning but I'm learning as I go. I've had halfway decent results so far just making small adjustments at the track. I think if we can get a bunch of EVO owners together we could all learn from each other.

I would like to schedule this sometime after the release of the EVOscan software. The amount of people interested will determine the date, final price, ect. At a minimum I'd like to see 4 other people besides myself, with 10 being the maximum. If your interested in something like this post up your vehicle info and we will go from there.

1.AlwaysinBoost - 04 GSR - TBE, K&N Panel filter, MBC, walbro 255
Old Jun 19, 2006, 08:03 PM
Evolved Member

i might be down it depends on the price im trying to buy a house...... money is tight
Old Jun 20, 2006, 06:02 AM

You might be better served posting this in your regional forum since it's a locals-only kind of thread.
Old Jun 20, 2006, 06:05 AM
Evolved Member

Just a thought and might be way off, but how about you keep this thread non-regional, and if anybody on evom has the exact same mods as anybody on the dyno that day, they could work out a deal where they would send there map out to those people for a portion of the tuning cost.

Agreed its not as close or as perfect as a real dyno tune, but its somewhere between that and a straight mail in.... anybody else think this could be a good idea for people with a few simple mods?

Scorke
Old Jun 20, 2006, 07:21 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by scorke
Just a thought and might be way off, but how about you keep this thread non-regional, and if anybody on evom has the exact same mods as anybody on the dyno that day, they could work out a deal where they would send there map out to those people for a portion of the tuning cost.

Agreed its not as close or as perfect as a real dyno tune, but its somewhere between that and a straight mail in.... anybody else think this could be a good idea for people with a few simple mods?

Scorke
I would strongly caution anyone from just dropping in someone elses map. My car is a perfect example of why.

I got an E-Flash from Al, and it was WAY lean. My car has always been lean compaired to other evos, even with the walbro it is still leaner than a stock evo. I sent Al back some utec logs with wide band afr and map boost pressure. He revised the map, I added a walbro and it was still a little lean.

If you at least have some good pre flash logs to compair with wideband and boost, that might make it a little safer.
Old Jun 20, 2006, 07:28 AM
Evolved Member

Exactly, doesn't ecuflash have a provision for reading/logging MAF voltage, isnt that a pretty safe way to compare just how much air your car is taking in, and then via working off of the A/F ratio of the tuned car, it should be very very close.

Scorke
Old Jun 20, 2006, 07:33 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ScrappyJack
You might be better served posting this in your regional forum since it's a locals-only kind of thread.
I originally thought about that... but I assumed if you had ECUFlash you would be checking this forum too. I guess depending on the response or lack there of I could post the same thread in the regional forums.
Old Jun 20, 2006, 08:01 AM
Evolved Member

Scorke
I have no desire to make any kind profit off the ECUFlash software and I really don't want to be bogged down with the hassel of receiving payments and sending maps through the mail. Besides that I am not an expert tuner and have no business sending maps around... if something were to go wrong with one of the maps I created I wouldn't want to be held responsable.

That doesn't mean that I won't share all my info & results with the rest of the community.
Old Jun 20, 2006, 08:03 AM
Evolved Member

Yeah I wasnt saying for you to start selling/tuning other people, all I was saying is because it is so easy to swap maps in and out and to send them, for people attending, or people wanting to attend but unable to, should look to see if there are people with similar parts/combos attending.

Scorke
Old Jun 20, 2006, 08:08 AM
Evolved Member

If someone else wants to get involved with doing that its up to that individual. I personnaly want any parts though. My only interest is in learning how to tune my car better and sharing that info with the rest of the community.
Old Jun 20, 2006, 09:16 AM
Account Disabled

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Scorke
Fueling would be off most definately. I would never recommend this method to anyone.
Old Jun 20, 2006, 09:30 AM
Evolving Member

We're actually having a DSM meet there this weekend. If I ever actually get the flash from Al it'll be uploaded and I'll have some pulls with it. I'm really curious to see just how close he can get without actually seeing the car.
Old Jun 20, 2006, 09:31 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by TTP Engineering
Fueling would be off most definately. I would never recommend this method to anyone.
how would this be any different from the mail in flashes? Unless of course you don't recommend mail-in's to anyone either.
Old Jun 20, 2006, 09:56 AM
Evolved Member

Well,
Like AlwaysIn said, I'm not a pro tunner, I have tuned exactly one EVO, mine, with utec and now with ecuflash.

Someone like Al, who has tuned hundreds of evo's and hopefully learned from each one, can establish a safe margin of error for a mail in flash. But, there is always the odball car that does not seem to be working like the rest, as with mine. If I did not have proper logging of timing, boost, and AFR, I would not have known the map I got was no good for my car.

I don't think anyone can say that it is 100% safe to trust a mail in or email flash. You have to have good log data to work from. At a minimum you would need, timing, boost, afr, injector duty cycle, maf hz, rpm.

Anyway, this is way off topic....

I think a group dyno day would be a great idea, but I'm in georgia so unless we arrange one down here......
Old Jun 22, 2006, 06:12 AM
Evolved Member

back up...

Quick Reply: ECUFlash Dyno Day