Notices
ECU Flash

Evo 9 and Lancer Auto support added to V1.28

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2006, 06:57 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
First map seemed to do the trick with much nicer AFR, quieter knocklink and perkier at the top from the correct fuelling. Additionally it allows me to run the boost I want to.

As usual I'll test the map over mixed driving in a variety of temperatures but I'm very happy that the first guess is so near and everything runs so smoothly.

Spool up is 200 RPM earlier presumably from advancing the cam timing

Still a bit leaner than I like at 3000-3800 RPM - leaner than 12:1 at 24 PSI held, but no detonation, no lift off det. I will make some further changes to lean spool stuff I think as the drop from 3500 to 2500 has made a nice difference, there feels to be much more of a punch in the back on spool up with the VVT/fuelling changes, plus I can beat on it at high boost without detonation so far.

Last edited by jcsbanks; Jun 21, 2006 at 06:59 AM.
Old Jun 21, 2006, 07:06 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
cool can the 8 cable be used on the 9s?
Old Jun 21, 2006, 07:18 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by evo 8 ya
cool can the 8 cable be used on the 9s?
Please tell me you looked at other posts in this particular forum before you decided to ask that?

Yes, the MITSUBISHI cable is the same for all OBD-II Mitsubishis.. More are being supported for reflashing all the time, including the 9, 8, etc..
Old Jun 21, 2006, 07:29 AM
Evolved Member

i'm so glad i bought my cable early. I hear the datalogger is pretty much finished as well. I can't wait till ecuflash starts getting some datalogging capability - or at least indicating the current load cells. Things can only get better. I wonder if you have any idea how much the EVO community appreciates all your hard work.

Are you guys going to make this truley open source? Also, im still waiting on an official schematic on the 1.3m cable - even though colby has pretty much been really open about its design.

Thanks a TON Colby and Jay. This is huge.
Old Jun 21, 2006, 07:48 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Colby.. a slight glitch/suggestion..

One of the members noted that maps disappear to the background, you should add a "layout" feature that will tile/cascade and group the tables together if possible, if not, at least add a "bring to forground" button and always on top button to force the modal forms to show up in the foreground and remain there.. You might want to make the status panel and table view panel floaters also.. I like how the entire app forms float outside the app, but without a quick formatting feature its easy to lose them behind things..

This has happened to me multiple times since my "work laptop" I use for tuning has a smaller screen, the app is generally maximized, I can't retrieve tables to the foreground unless I unselect them and reselect them.. And there is no "windows" tab to allow you to select a table, perhaps a function to pin specific tables/forms to the foreground also..

Last edited by MalibuJack; Jun 21, 2006 at 07:50 AM.
Old Jun 21, 2006, 08:21 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Excellent. Colby, you are the man!
Old Jun 21, 2006, 08:34 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by MalibuJack

One of the members noted that maps disappear to the background, you should add a "layout" feature that will tile/cascade and group the tables together if possible, if not, at least add a "bring to forground" button and always on top button to force the modal forms to show up in the foreground and remain there.. You might want to make the status panel and table view panel floaters also.. I like how the entire app forms float outside the app, but without a quick formatting feature its easy to lose them behind things..

This has happened to me multiple times since my "work laptop" I use for tuning has a smaller screen, the app is generally maximized, I can't retrieve tables to the foreground unless I unselect them and reselect them.. And there is no "windows" tab to allow you to select a table, perhaps a function to pin specific tables/forms to the foreground also..

+1

Window loayout would be ****. Another idea might be a compair function between two slected maps highlighing the areas that are different.

I have an nvidia quadro at work that allows me to use window transparency so I can hold one map over another, line them up, see through the one on top, exactly what cells are the same and what are not, does not work on my 6800GS at home though.
Old Jun 21, 2006, 08:46 AM
Evolved Member

+100. This is the only annoyance with the program. Thanks again Colby and crew for the hard work.
Old Jun 21, 2006, 08:59 AM
Evolving Member

+1
Old Jun 21, 2006, 09:09 AM
Evolving Member

Fantastic! Thanks for all the hard work guys
Old Jun 21, 2006, 09:41 AM
Evolving Member

Awesome!!!!

Can't wait to bump up the rev limit for the 1/4.

SQ
Old Jun 21, 2006, 10:01 AM

I totally agree. I am using Qt to do the GUI, and it is totally new to me, and also cross-platform, so there is a bit of learning to figuring out how to get all kinds of layout stuff done. I think you will notice that some of the dialogs and map views have layout problems as well. I'm aware of them, and hopefully will figure it all out soon.

Old Jun 21, 2006, 12:28 PM

Out-Freakin-standing!
Old Jun 21, 2006, 02:38 PM
Evolved Member

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by jasonc32amg
sweet, time to order a cable
+1,000
Old Jun 21, 2006, 03:45 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Z_Lancer_Man
I have a 2003 Lancer OZ 5-speed and none of the definitions work with my ECU. There is a definition for a 2002 or a 2004 Lancer. I sent my identifier and a saved ROM (using a wrong definition) to Colby who then passed it on to someone else. I downloaded and installed ver. 1.28 yesterday and still nothing works with my ECU....
Hi

What is your ECU internal ID? Have you tried any of the user made xml's at openecu?

MB

Quick Reply: Evo 9 and Lancer Auto support added to V1.28