Air temp in Evoscan - EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

Notices
EcuFlash

Air temp in Evoscan

 
Old Jul 14, 2006, 07:17 AM
  #1  
Evolving Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Evil_1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Land of 10,000 Lakes
Posts: 332
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Air temp in Evoscan

Is this the actual air temp reading in the charge pipe? If so, what are you guys getting for readings when you do a WOT? On stock intercooler or aftermarket?
Evil_1 is offline  
Old Jul 14, 2006, 07:22 AM
  #2  
EvoM Guru
iTrader: (5)
 
MalibuJack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Royse City, TX
Posts: 10,569
Thanks: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
I think this was answered before.. Its the Intake Air Temp.. At the MAF before it goes through the whole intake tract...
MalibuJack is offline  
Old Jul 14, 2006, 07:23 AM
  #3  
EvoM Guru
iTrader: (5)
 
MalibuJack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Royse City, TX
Posts: 10,569
Thanks: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
I did discover after logging data that the area our air filter is located in is a location that gets very little fresh air flow..

I ran with and without the scoop ducting air to the location (the plastic scoop from the stock intake) and the temps were 10 degrees cooler (more in some cases)
MalibuJack is offline  
Old Jul 14, 2006, 07:28 AM
  #4  
Evolving Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Wheelhaus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Denver
Posts: 377
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MalibuJack
I did discover after logging data that the area our air filter is located in is a location that gets very little fresh air flow..

I ran with and without the scoop ducting air to the location (the plastic scoop from the stock intake) and the temps were 10 degrees cooler (more in some cases)
you mean 10 cooler with the ram-air scoop? I'd absolutely believe that, but not the other way around without the scoop...
Wheelhaus is offline  
Old Jul 14, 2006, 07:45 AM
  #5  
Evolved Member
iTrader: (17)
 
AlwaysinBoost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: In da streetz
Posts: 3,273
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
try running it with the scoop but w/o the airbox lid.
AlwaysinBoost is offline  
Old Jul 14, 2006, 08:45 AM
  #6  
EvoM Guru
iTrader: (5)
 
MalibuJack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Royse City, TX
Posts: 10,569
Thanks: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Wheelhaus
you mean 10 cooler with the ram-air scoop? I'd absolutely believe that, but not the other way around without the scoop...
Yep, thats what I had intended to write..

But it was just the scoop, no airbox otherwise (I have a 4" intake and 5x10" cylindrical filter)
MalibuJack is offline  
Old Jul 14, 2006, 10:40 AM
  #7  
Evolved Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Kings Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 530
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MalibuJack
Yep, thats what I had intended to write..

But it was just the scoop, no airbox otherwise (I have a 4" intake and 5x10" cylindrical filter)

Has anyone tried running the same test but with a cone intake vs stock airbox? Should be interesting to see which one gets more cool air and put the end of the intake pulling in hot air debate once and for all
Kings Fan is offline  
Old Jul 14, 2006, 11:16 AM
  #8  
EvoM Guru
iTrader: (5)
 
MalibuJack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Royse City, TX
Posts: 10,569
Thanks: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
once your moving I doubt it makes much difference.. It happens to be a dead area under the hood where there would be no cool airflow without that scoop left in place..
MalibuJack is offline  
Old Jul 14, 2006, 12:20 PM
  #9  
Evolved Member
iTrader: (17)
 
dudical26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: NNJ
Posts: 2,544
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MalibuJack
once your moving I doubt it makes much difference.. It happens to be a dead area under the hood where there would be no cool airflow without that scoop left in place..
I wonder what the temps were with you old cone filter in the stock box setup.

Your setup inspired me and I am planning to do the same thing...actually tonight when I install my intake. I will log and see what temps I get.
dudical26 is offline  
Old Jul 14, 2006, 01:07 PM
  #10  
EvoM Guru
iTrader: (5)
 
MalibuJack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Royse City, TX
Posts: 10,569
Thanks: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by dudical26
I wonder what the temps were with you old cone filter in the stock box setup.

Your setup inspired me and I am planning to do the same thing...actually tonight when I install my intake. I will log and see what temps I get.
I hacked mine to pieces not too long ago..
MalibuJack is offline  
Old Jul 14, 2006, 03:52 PM
  #11  
Evolved Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Kings Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 530
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MalibuJack
once your moving I doubt it makes much difference.. It happens to be a dead area under the hood where there would be no cool airflow without that scoop left in place..
Well that's what I'm saying... it'll prove once and for all with some data... shouldn't be that hard to do either, just a simple before and after.
Kings Fan is offline  
 


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.