Notices
ECU Flash

New information Load and throttle tables

Old Jul 29, 2006, 02:38 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb New information Load and throttle tables

Guys,

the last few weeks I have been trying to tune my EVO 8 in open loop up to 1500 rpm. I was going to try to rough in the tables in open loop and then go back to closed loop (hopefully to have less erratic idle).

In order to do this, I was using the throttle table and putting the transition at 0.0, which never will allow closed loop operation at the selected rpm. However, I was having issues that my changes in the table have no effect on open loop fueling. I was puzzled at first, because I know it worked at WOT. Then I realized that the tables defined to us are "open loop load tables". There must be other tables that are open loop throttle. I went to the load tables and changed the transitional load at 500, 750, 1000 and 1500 RPM to 0% and changed the throttle tables back. This resulted in the tables that we have access to being utilized.

In both cases the OBDII data reported "open loop decel/accell". However, it is obvious that other tables are being used until the load exceeds the specified load in the "open loop load transition" tables.

HiVoltEVO8

I hope that all this talk about tables has not confused anyone, but I thought that I would share my research thus far.
Old Jul 30, 2006, 02:48 AM
Evolved Member

i've been doing that for a while to get my cams to idle almost like stock.

you have to adjust both the throttle load and the open lood table to have it work properly.
Old Jul 30, 2006, 05:06 AM
Evolving Member

Talking

Originally Posted by Noogles
i've been doing that for a while to get my cams to idle almost like stock.

you have to adjust both the throttle load and the open lood table to have it work properly.

I guess that the point that I was trying to make is that the throttle percentage table, when exceeded, is accessing another map....rather than the maps that we have access to in ECUFlash.

However, the load threshold map(when exceeded) uses the data from the high and low octane maps that we currently use.

I have not seen this data posted anywhere else. So, I thought that I would share.

HiVoltEVO8
Old Jul 30, 2006, 05:16 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
I would strongly urge you guys not to perminently use open loop for idle.. there are other ways to get a good idle.. The problem with open loop is twofold, first your car will not pass an inspection, second, your making adjustments 'for that day' and as conditions change, the car will run differently. Without that feedback the car is operating like its running off a carburetor..

Last edited by MalibuJack; Jul 30, 2006 at 05:19 AM.